Ray Drew

Not A Insider

and if you notice, he high lighted the recruits that he is including in this class and Drew is not one of them.  Recruiting is fluid and if you've kept of with Drew's recruitment on this site, the confidence level of the people in the know has steadily decreased and I think that trend is continuing.  I won't be shocked if he chooses AU, but I'm not going to bet on it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be shocked if Drew doesn't sign with Auburn. He loves coach Rocker and wants to play in a 4-3 defense. If ugaly ran a 4-3 D, I might would agree with him picking ugaly.

and if you notice, he high lighted the recruits that he is including in this class and Drew is not one of them.  Recruiting is fluid and if you've kept of with Drew's recruitment on this site, the confidence level of the people in the know has steadily decreased and I think that trend is continuing.  I won't be shocked if he chooses AU, but I'm not going to bet on it.

he highlighted him in green which stood for a strong chance of signing him

I find it funny that we're forgetting Corey Lemonier and Nosa Eguae, guys who ARE ALREADY HERE. These guys are pretty good, and young. Craig Sanders, Justin Delaine, and Bonomolo were also D-end commits from last class. If we get Gabe Wright at D-tackle to shore that up a bit more, with Whitaker and Carter already at that position from last year, we'll be ok.

Now, Drew will be awesome to have, and Clowney too (I have a suspicion he might pull a Lattimore in our favor). Just saying I bank my hopes in something a little bit more solid.

Now if the commits from last year aren't playing at end still or left the team, then you can ignore me; either way, wanted to point this out. We're good with or without Drew/Clowney/whoever.

I think linebacker honestly might be a more pressing need.

I find it funny that we're forgetting Corey Lemonier and Nosa Eguae, guys who ARE ALREADY HERE. These guys are pretty good, and young. Craig Sanders, Justin Delaine, and Bonomolo were also D-end commits from last class. If we get Gabe Wright at D-tackle to shore that up a bit more, with Whitaker and Carter already at that position from last year, we'll be ok.

Now, Drew will be awesome to have, and Clowney too (I have a suspicion he might pull a Lattimore in our favor). Just saying I bank my hopes in something a little bit more solid.

Now if the commits from last year aren't playing at end still or left the team, then you can ignore me; either way, wanted to point this out. We're good with or without Drew/Clowney/whoever.

The coaches don't really agree with you about the LBs.  We are OK at LB on the current roster and have some very good LB commits.

I've been thinking the same thing except for the LBs. I think we are good with Frost and Calloway coming in.

The coaches don't really agree with you about the LBs.  We are OK at LB on the current roster and have some very good LB commits.

True, but the injury bug might hit us at LB again and we might need Bates at S again (hopefully not). I think some depth would help, if not guys who can give some immediate PT

I wonder how Owens is going to be next season.

I know he sits by me in my 1 o'clock class tomorrow. Along with Trovon Reed, Kenneth Carter, Jonathan Mincy, Emory Blake, and AJ Greene. 

Owens is a pretty big dude.  He's got the linebacker build and he's a very athletic player.  He'll make plays, trust me.

You guys need to get some pepcid AC and quit reading anything into Facebook messages

I will eat crow if I'm wrong, but those Facebook messages pretty much spell it out for you.  You come here to get inside information on recruits and then discount Facebook messages directly from the recruit that are screaming that he is going to UGA.

Your an idiot....the Facebook messages spell it out he says "I hate Georgia"....You say that really means he loves Georgia.....So basically the Facebook Code like the DaVinci Code is what you want to make it be...that's just dumb...there is no more information on his Facebook page than there is one the Graffetti surrounding his house

Apparently you aren't familiar with sarcasm or practical jokes

About the Facebook posts...(please keep this clean, we're all family here, even if we're all a bit odd...)

On one hand, Ray Drew's trash talking could be poking at his (ick) fellow potential thUGAs to maybe incite them to actually play and not be arrested/suspended. Murray can eat his lunch if there's no one to block him.

On the other hand, Auburn might not want someone so vocal...stuff like this becomes bulletin board material if you're not careful.

On a third hand (if that's even possible), Fairley had a mean streak...all the more power to Drew if he commits.

:wareagle:

True, but the injury bug might hit us at LB again and we might need Bates at S again (hopefully not). I think some depth would help, if not guys who can give some immediate PT

Ladarius Owens, Jessel Curry, Jake Holland, Harris Gaston, Eltoro Freeman, Jonathan Evans, Jawara White, Chris Landrum, Kris Frost, Brent Calloway, Justin Garrett

LB in this class : Justin Garrett, Chris Landrum, Brent Calloway(if not RB), Kris Frost(if not WR), Anthony Swain(if not S)

1 5*

2 4* (although BC should have 5)

2 3* (Swain is underrated as he showed out at all-star game, Landrum was hurt most of the year)

I'd say we're good at LB for this class, but next year we will most likely rack up

Okay. I am corrected. Thank you.

Secondary/Dline depth/high-end starters (especially tackle for starters) will be the priority for the remainder of the class.

Miss out on Roberson for Haha? Interesting proposition. If we heard about this a week ago, everyone (outside a certain privileged few ;)) would have thought you were nuts.

I wonder how Owens is going to be next season.

I know he sits by me in my 1 o'clock class tomorrow. Along with Trovon Reed, Kenneth Carter, Jonathan Mincy, Emory Blake, and AJ Greene. 

Owens is a pretty big dude.  He's got the linebacker build and he's a very athletic player.  He'll make plays, trust me.

Wow. That's a lot of players. I was looking forward to watching him play before last season started, but I hope the redshirt helped him get a better feel for Roof's defense. You're right, he has the size!

You guys need to get some pepcid AC and quit reading anything into Facebook messages

I will eat crow if I'm wrong, but those Facebook messages pretty much spell it out for you.  You come here to get inside information on recruits and then discount Facebook messages directly from the recruit that are screaming that he is going to UGA.

Your an idiot....the Facebook messages spell it out he says "I hate Georgia"....You say that really means he loves Georgia.....So basically the Facebook Code like the DaVinci Code is what you want to make it be...that's just dumb...there is no more information on his Facebook page than there is one the Graffetti surrounding his house

Apparently you aren't familiar with sarcasm or practical jokes

That's the rub your making an assumption that it's sarcasm or a joke....unless you know Ray personally you have no idea what he meant or how he means its....your just assuming that its a joke...He could be as serious as an heart attack

The facebook thing could be Drew just giving some buddies a hard time. Competitive people will do that from time to time. Outsiders looking in might think one way or another(be it seriousness or sarcasm). When the real motive is just horseplay.

If guys go separate ways, they will still pull for each other to succeed.

It's not steadily decreasing. The confidence on AE from SR has always been 60% for Drew.

It's not steadily decreasing. The confidence on AE from SR has always been 60% for Drew.

That may be true for AE, but the "insiders" on other AU sites have been steadily losing confidence (or at least posting lower percentages/expectations).  I don't know whether he'll sign with AU or not, but it does seem that a lot of folks on waning on their belief that he will be a Tiger.

I do not not follow facebook but if what people here are posting are truly Drew's words then I would be pretty shocked if he chose Auburn. Everything he has posted has been about UGA. He has been toying with the others that are going to UGA. He is seems to be very good friends with all of them. It seems pretty obvious.

I am still going to hold out hope because it is recruiting and you never know but I would be surprised if Drew picked AU at this point. AE would get all of the credit for calling this one because like the poster above said, other AU sits are now backing off of the claim that Drew is going to Auburn. Many now think that UGA is going to get him.

I live in GA and I would be shocked if Drew picks Auburn. My dawg friends who are "in the know" already consider him a commitment. Supposedly it is like an open secret that Drew has been recruiting for UGA for a while now. I think all his facebook banter is just to throw people off... Then again I never thought AU would flip Calloway so TIFWIW.

That may be true for AE, but the "insiders" on other AU sites have been steadily losing confidence (or at least posting lower percentages/expectations).  I don't know whether he'll sign with AU or not, but it does seem that a lot of folks on waning on their belief that he will be a Tiger.

Forget about the others... I've watched and listened to most of them for years and most of them really are not that accurate...

On the other hand, ST & Co. have been the most accurate I've seen...

For example, I received info in December 2009 from a personal source concerning some of the big dogs in the 2010 class... I was told who had told us they were coming to AU, but it was not public knowledge yet... all but one of that group came, (Lattimore- a last minute change of heart)... ST was consistently saying exactly what my source said, but no MODS on other sites seemed to have a clue about some in that group...

Watch over the next 2-weeks and enjoy the preview ST & Co. have given us... and you'll see what I mean...

Archived