Ray Drew

Not A Insider

I really don't see where the Drew optimism comes from? Seems all-UGA to me  :dunno:

He's talked numerous times about how he would love to be coached by Rocker. He wants to play in a 4-3 defense. He is an ordained minister, and AU's coaches are very spiritual...

^^^THIS^^^ Then again, I thought Trovon was all LSU so what the hell do I know?

Richt is very spiritual as well, they exchange Bible verses.

And I'm pretty sure UGA explained the position he'd be playing in the 3-4. He'd have his hand in the dirt 75% of the time, and standing 25% of the time. Like what Justin Houston did this year. He may have warmed up to it by now, you never know, especially since alot of NFL D's are 3-4.

I'd say staying closer to home, playing with friends, and playing for his home-state team are positives that outweigh the one negative that is their scheme

All signs point to UGA to me

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't see where the Drew optimism comes from? Seems all-UGA to me  :dunno:

He's talked numerous times about how he would love to be coached by Rocker. He wants to play in a 4-3 defense. He is an ordained minister, and AU's coaches are very spiritual...

And I'm pretty sure UGA explained the position he'd be playing in the 3-4. He'd have his hand in the dirt 75% of the time, and standing 25% of the time. Like what Justin Houston did this year. He may have warmed up to it by now, you never know, especially since alot of NFL D's are 3-4.

I'd say staying closer to home, playing with friends, and playing for his home-state team are positives that outweigh the one negative that is their scheme

You can be glass half empty all you want. You failed to mention one other important thing: NC team> 6-7 team that the coaching staff is on the hot seat.

You can be glass half empty all you want. You failed to mention one other important thing: NC team> 6-7 team that the coaching staff is on the hot seat.

It's been said many times that one season's record usually has very little impact on where a recruit goes

In JLee's Monday recruiting notes he mentioned that Jenkins might be taking another visit. Sounds like Drew and Jenkins might have done a lot of note comparing. They might really like the idea of playing togeter. Question is -Where?

It's been said many times that one season's record usually has very little impact on where a recruit goes

By who? I've heard it said that a NC impacts recruits more the following recruiting year, but Drew already has an established relationship with the AU coaching staff. I was more worried about FSU than ugaly. You asked for reasons. I gave them to you. Believe what you want.

In JLee's Monday recruiting notes he mentioned that Jenkins might be taking another visit. Sounds like Drew and Jenkins might have done a lot of note comparing. They might really like the idea of playing togeter. Question is -Where?

Jenkins is a little too late to the party.  I'd rather take Frost.

BUT, I trust the coaches.  I don't know squat.

not if drew and jenkins are a package deal.

By who?

By many many recruits. At this point it comes to the relationships and who the recruits trust and are most comfortable with.

not if drew and jenkins are a package deal.

I have never gotten that impression from them.

I agree.  When was the last time he took a visit to Auburn?  It has seemed that he has made more excuses for why he missed visits, than actual visits.  I think one time he had to go to the dentist? (or was that Crowell?)  He seems like he is a nice kid that doesn't want to let anyone down.

He may go to UGA, but not for all the reasons you have stated.

If Drew wanted to stay closer to home he would go to FSU (40 miles away), Florida (150 miles away) or Auburn (180 miles away) before UGA (260 miles away).  Personally, I don't think that is a factor.

I also think the discussion about exchanging verses with CMR has also been a bit exaggerated.  No staff that I'm aware of has more spiritual influence than AU.  We practically invented it with Brother Chette's role.  Over the past several years, many big-time programs have sent visitors to AU to visit with Chette and try to understand this aspect of our program and how it contributes to the true family atmosphere we have on the plains.

The dentist was Crowell. If you're so sure he's going to UGA, then don't waste your time posting on here. Wherever Drew goes, he will do great and be a great leader both on and off the field. I hope he continues to be such a great young man.  :wareagle:

I agree.  When was the last time he took a visit to Auburn?  It has seemed that he has made more excuses for why he missed visits, than actual visits.  I think one time he had to go to the dentist? (or was that Crowell?)  He seems like he is a nice kid that doesn't want to let anyone down.

Recruits visit schools all the time, without people knowing. I guess we can start stalking kids.

Recruits visit schools all the time, without people knowing. I guess we can start stalking kids.

Didn't he take his official for the GA game? I saw him there ;) He road by on a golf cart and I recognized him, and not thinking, I pointed at him and yelled "That's Ray Drew!". I meant it for my brother but Ray heard and smiled and waved. I think he got a kick out of it  ;)

What do you mean, "start"?

:P

:wareagle:

The dentist was Crowell. If you're so sure he's going to UGA, then don't waste your time posting on here. Wherever Drew goes, he will do great and be a great leader both on and off the field. I hope he continues to be such a great young man.  :wareagle:

A post worthy of the username.  Calm down there Sparkey, I don't think he will come to Auburn and it wouldn't be the end of the world.  Oh yeah...I also don't have any inside info like some of the mods who are predicting we will get him so there is no need to get worked up over what I say.

Didn't he take his official for the GA game? I saw him there ;) He road by on a golf cart and I recognized him, and not thinking, I pointed at him and yelled "That's Ray Drew!". I meant it for my brother but Ray heard and smiled and waved. I think he got a kick out of it  ;)

Yes, you are correct. He visited for the ugaly game.

Didn't he take his official for the GA game? I saw him there ;) He road by on a golf cart and I recognized him, and not thinking, I pointed at him and yelled "That's Ray Drew!". I meant it for my brother but Ray heard and smiled and waved. I think he got a kick out of it ;)

That was on an OV correct? Or was it a UV?

That was on an OV correct? Or was it a UV?

OV

Anybody wondering about the idea of Drew and Big John taking UV's to AU the weekend of the 28th? That would be interesting. At the same time, I don't think they're anything close to a package deal as someone suggested earlier, but they could very well end up at the same place, IMO.

Just on facebook and Ray Drew's status popped up in my news feed:  We have the best 4-3 in the SEC I hope your ready @Christian Lemay

Then someone asked what it meant and he said: I'm coming off one end another DE who I'm not sayin at this time and my D tackles are coming to get Lemay and ever other QB. That's what that means

Oh and someone said go to UGA as well and he said not stable enough

Definately looks like UGA is out of the picture!

I have to say, that does sound like bad news for UGA.  On the other hand, he might be joking back and forth with Lemay.

Just on facebook and Ray Drew's status popped up in my news feed:  We have the best 4-3 in the SEC I hope your ready @Christian Lemay

Then someone asked what it meant and he said: I'm coming off one end another DE who I'm not sayin at this time and my D tackles are coming to get Lemay and ever other QB. That's what that means

Oh and someone said go to UGA as well and he said not stable enough

Definately looks like UGA is out of the picture!

Don't read too much into that...I mean, it's still Facebook. But you're right that it certainly doesn't look bad.

Archived