Ray Drew

Not A Insider

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We may have a better shot at Crowell than Drew,we may loose both also.I think we will hear something in a week or so about Drew that will let us know where he is leaning.

I should hope so since he is committing next Friday.

I still think we get Drew, why is he so quiet if he is staying in-state?

Lattimore ring a bell?

This.

Spurrier had the last visit with Lattimore....we've got the last visit with Drew...not saying we'll get him but I like our staff's chances

Lattimore ring a bell?

So you're saying Stephen Davis will be at Ray Drew's announcement?

anyway, for some reason i dont see drew committing to Auburn.

Been saying this all along. He's never really shown tons of interest, at least not enough interest to feel confident on him coming here

You SURE have been saying this "ALL ALONG"!! In fact, if I REALLY wanted to, I bet I could dig up probably 20-30 posts where you have SCREAMED IT to the mountain tops that you believe that Drew is going to UGa!  >:( Don't mean to jump on you AMM (this is actually meant for EVERYONE who does this), but I just don't see the appeal in wanting SO BADLY to be right about a recruit choosing another school! Especially one that A LOT of AU fans have grown to REALLY LIKE! I just can't stand that sort of thing! Let your opinion be known (which you have), and then let others have their say! No need in "reminding" everyone of your negative prediction! I don't expect you to come on here if/when Drew were to choose UGa and say, "See, see!! Told ya'll so! Nanny, nanny boo-boo! I told ya'll he was going to UGa!" So really what's the point of doing that now!  :dunno:

Again, if I didn't know you already well enough to know that you won't take this the "wrong way", I wouldn't use you as an example! Sorry! Rant over!

:believe:

Been saying this all along. He's never really shown tons of interest, at least not enough interest to feel confident on him coming here

You SURE have been saying this "ALL ALONG"!! In fact, if I REALLY wanted to, I bet I could dig up probably 20-30 posts where you have SCREAMED IT to the mountain tops that you believe that Drew is going to UGa!  >:( Don't mean to jump on you AMM (this is actually meant for EVERYONE who does this), but I just don't see the appeal in wanting SO BADLY to be right about a recruit choosing another school! Especially one that A LOT of AU fans have grown to REALLY LIKE! I just can't stand that sort of thing! Let your opinion be known (which you have), and then let others have their say! No need in "reminding" everyone of your negative prediction! I don't expect you to come on here if/when Drew were to choose UGa and say, "See, see!! Told ya'll so! Nanny, nanny boo-boo! I told ya'll he was going to UGa!" So really what's the point of doing that now!  :dunno:

Again, if I didn't know you already well enough to know that you won't take this the "wrong way", I wouldn't use you as an example! Sorry! Rant over!

Thanks Hatch....you basically said what I believe many of us wanted to but were concerned w/ the reaction we might have received back.  Couldn't have said it better.  Well, maybe a little better.

Thanks Hatch....you basically said what I believe many of us wanted to but were concerned w/ the reaction we might have received back.  Couldn't have said it better.  Well, maybe a little better.

I doubt better. DJ could have mae a rap song about it.  ;D

You could have said "shut the ]%#+ up about this already, we get it, you don't think he's coming here, enough for pete's sake.". I would have understood that as well. 

Wow, freedom of speech seems to be frowned upon in this thread.  AM is just stating his opinion.  Maybe he has said it more than once.  However, I do not see him doing this as to remind everyone that Drew is not coming to AU, and he has been right all along.  Instead I see it as him trying to keep everyone level headed on Drew's decision.  Anyone who has kept up with the kid knows it is becoming less likely that he signs with AU.  I simply see AM trying to temper expectations.  No problem with being realistic in my opinion.  Should we pretend that Drew is in our bag when more and more signs indicate he is UGA bound.

Wow, freedom of speech seems to be frowned upon in this thread.  AM is just stating his opinion.  Maybe he has said it more than once.  However, I do not see him doing this as to remind everyone that Drew is not coming to AU, and he has been right all along.  Instead I see it as him trying to keep everyone level headed on Drew's decision.  Anyone who has kept up with the kid knows it is becoming less likely that he signs with AU.  I simply see AM trying to temper expectations.  No problem with being realistic in my opinion.  Should we pretend that Drew is in our bag when more and more signs indicate he is UGA bound.

How has anyone's 'freedom of speech' been infringed upon?  AMM still has as much freedom as he ever did to say that he doesn't see Drew committing to Auburn.  And Hatch has just as much freedom to give his opinion of AMM's statement.  As long as the rules of the site are abided by, people can pretty much post what they want.  Don't confuse someone calling someone out on their opinion with their opinion being squelched.  Freedom of speech doesn't include freedom from dissenting opinions.

(Sorry for the rant, but this is kind of a hot-button issue for me.  I tire of people throwing out the 'freedom of speech' card whenever someone disagrees with them.)   

Lattimore ring a bell?

So you're saying Stephen Davis will be at Ray Drew's announcement?

Ouch !  Davis was sucker punched in that fiasco, but your point is well made Jonesy. :-X

According to the facts on Mr. Drew, nobody knows where he is going, leaning, or thinking other than Drew himself.  He is enjoying this recruiting process to the fullest and is pushing his decision right up to the finish line of NSD, while professing his favorite a few days ahead of many others.  You will know what he wants to do when he tells us where he is going.  I seriously doubt it is going to be a moment sooner.  

If any of you know an ordained preacher very well, then you also know that they love a challenge.  Turning lost souls into converted believers who follow their way is right up there at the top of their list.  Drew may like the thought of helping Richt right his ship in Athens and then be viewed as the man who led the dawgs to the promise land.  Nothing like a good challenge to fulfill the righteousness gene so profound in many.

On the other hand, Drew may feel much better joining forces with another and build upon the foundation that Brother Chet has growing in AUBURN.  The AU Family offers a great forum to lead good men both on and off the field, while knowing that there will be others to help strengthen their flock.  If he wants to use the media to spread his message, then the AUBURN Tigers record of broadcasted football games in the past decade would certainly be enticing.  Featured stories on key players would offer a free forum for spreading his message, while drawing praise from his observers.

As far as our postings here in the nest, too many of us have much to say about the opinion of others when we should really consider that it just doesn’t matter, because the truth will be heard sooner than later and we can all go back to supporting each other.  

War Eagle!! and enjoy this day for the AUBURN Family has much to cheer during our BCS National Championship year.  If you cannot attend the celebration in person, then turn to your computer and watch away to bring a big smile to your face today.  Love ‘em or leave ‘em should be our motto, since we already know that IT’s GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER!!

It will all be settled on Friday when he announces.

Amen, Brother!  We are going to rejoice with this new class and appreciate the dedication of Coach Chizik and his great coaches for their effort to bring in the best that wanted to follow the traditions of AUBURN.

Hatch, I agree with you. It seems like some Auburn fans, even though we have finally broken through and won the National Championship, still have the "Oh we are Auburn, if somebody is going to get screwed it's going to be us." attitude. The culture and attitude has changed in Auburn now guys, we are a championship top tier program and if kids end up not coming here, so be it. Auburn will win many more National Championships in the very near future, and I am excited about it. WDE!!!!!!!

Archived