Ray Drew

Not A Insider

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys I can't believe I have some credible information about Ray Drew, but I do so here it goes.

My cousin hosts a sports talk show in Valdosta and had Ray on his show today.  He said Ray had a great time at the U this weekend, and has family in the Miami area.  Also said he bonded with a another UGA recruit that was on a visit there as well.  He will make his announcement on the 31st and he thinks its either the U, UGA or us, but made it sound like UGA.

He has Malcolm Mitchell and Jome Rome committing on his show Thursday.  Thinks if they commit to UGA, Drew will likely follow.

I sure as heck hope not though.

Drew has been extremely close to the vest about who his actual favorites are, playing the game and praising everyone he comes in contact with without mentioning the drawbacks. And, I sincerely mean no offense here, but if he was on a radio show in the heart of Bulldog country, do you really think he's going to do anything different from what he's been doing?

I still think the fact that UGA is pushing him to play OLB will be the breaking point for him there. Maybe he'll end up in Athens, but I actually think he has a better shot of playing in Miami than at UGA.

Way to pee in my Cheerios!

JK

LOL.....I guess my cousin thinks its UGA, but said Ray did not lead on to a leader whatsoever.  And said Ray is a top-notch person.  My cousin's an AU fan by the way.

Maybe he got over his issue with playing in a 3-4 defense.

:dunno: It's certainly possible.

Guys I can't believe I have some credible information about Ray Drew, but I do so here it goes.

My cousin hosts a sports talk show in Valdosta and had Ray on his show today.  He said Ray had a great time at the U this weekend, and has family in the Miami area.  Also said he bonded with a another UGA recruit that was on a visit there as well.  He will make his announcement on the 31st and he thinks its either the U, UGA or us, but made it sound like UGA.

He has Malcolm Mitchell and Jome Rome committing on his show Thursday.  Thinks if they commit to UGA, Drew will likely follow.

FWIW M. Mitchell will be commiting to spuat supposedly so that blows that out of the water... Jay Rome will likely end up at uga though so who knows.

Drew will do whats best for him, I doubt he decides to go to UGA just because Mitchell and Rome decide for UGA.  Drew has been hard to read his whole recruitment, so it's hard for me  to believe what this guy says.

FWIW M. Mitchell will be commiting to spuat supposedly so that blows that out of the water... Jay Rome will likely end up at uga though so who knows.

^^^Yeah, isn't Mitchell all UAT?

Mitchell and Rome are committing at the same time on Thursday together. I normall would not say this but I hope that Mitchell picks uat so that would cripple the Dream Team idea even more, and may make it easier for others to not pick uga.

That's funny, there was another recruit last year that was down to UGA, Miami, and Auburn. He made his decision on the 1st of February between the three schools. And now he currently plays DT, and got adequate rotation time.

Mitchell and Rome are committing at the same time on Thursday together. I normall would not say this but I hope that Mitchell picks uat so that would cripple the Dream Team idea even more, and may make it easier for others to not pick uga.

I actually agree with this. It would be devastating to UGA, doesn't really help bama all that much, and it just seems like a  :devil: tactical move.

Drew is a very intelligent kid and he said he was going to weigh all his options after he takes all his visits. That article did not in no way show he was leaning one way or the other. My own personal opinion, i think he chooses Auburn.

As far Chickillo, he's a third generation Miami Hurricane. It will take a lot to pull him from down there.

The other recruit who visited Miami with him was John Jenkins. They had a long discussion about playing together, Jenkins at NT and Drew at DE.  Jenkins also said Drew has already made up his mind where he is going, but wouldn't give any hints. It's most likely between the Dawgs and us.

I hope Mitchell picks Bama to bust up the idea of them all going to GA. But also because that will be one less talented DB that we will have to play against. Unless bama's first 7 stings of 4 and 5* DBs go down.

Let's see, a radio host in Georgia and a Georgia high school player was playing up to ugaly folks? I can't believe that.

Here's what I saw on another message board. Anyone know if the part about him meeting w/ the UGA coaches before his visit are true. If so hmmmmmmm.

"Drew went on his official to Da U to seal the deal with Jenkins to UGA. Drew met with UGA coaches is Thomasville before his visit to Da U, probably to be briefed on Jenkins. Sounds like the deal has been sealed for both of them to UGA. You heard it here first".

Here's what I saw on another message board. Anyone know if the part about him meeting w/ the UGA coaches before his visit are true. If so hmmmmmmm.

"Drew went on his official to Da U to seal the deal with Jenkins to UGA. Drew met with UGA coaches is Thomasville before his visit to Da U, probably to be briefed on Jenkins. Sounds like the deal has been sealed for both of them to UGA. You heard it here first".

That wouldn't be an AJC message board?

Couldn't hurt. Maybe we should get Jenkins to visit the same weekend. I "was" feeling pretty good about R. Drew. Do we have enough room for Jenkins as well? Sure hope so. I'm sure UGA has plenty.

I really don't see where the Drew optimism comes from? Seems all-UGA to me  :dunno:

He's talked numerous times about how he would love to be coached by Rocker. He wants to play in a 4-3 defense. He is an ordained minister, and AU's coaches are very spiritual...

I really don't see where the Drew optimism comes from? Seems all-UGA to me  :dunno:

He has said many times the 3-4 D and playing Jack LB is a "Big Problem". and that is what uga wants to do with him.

I really don't see where the Drew optimism comes from? Seems all-UGA to me :dunno:

He's talked numerous times about how he would love to be coached by Rocker. He wants to play in a 4-3 defense. He is an ordained minister, and AU's coaches are very spiritual...

Richt is very spiritual as well, they exchange Bible verses.

And I'm pretty sure UGA explained the position he'd be playing in the 3-4. He'd have his hand in the dirt 75% of the time, and standing 25% of the time. Like what Justin Houston did this year. He may have warmed up to it by now, you never know, especially since alot of NFL D's are 3-4.

I'd say staying closer to home, playing with friends, and playing for his home-state team are positives that outweigh the one negative that is their scheme

All signs point to UGA to me

Archived