Ray Drew

Not A Insider

i have waited to post this. Mr. Drew, being a Christian as yourself, i would want to go somewhere that makes my candle that much brighter. UGA is in a tailspin these last couple of years with all the arrest and kids getting into trouble. that behavior has spilt over to the playing field. they are notorious for personal fouls and just stupid mistakes. i think young man that you could make a difference. i would love to have you at Auburn. you we one of my favorites but if your heart leads you elswhere, i wish you the best. stay true and play hard. just have your off days when you play us. GOd Bless You. May your candle burn so ever bright

I understand where you come from here. If God leads him in another direction it is not for us to question. And I wish him well also except when he plays orange and blue.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im at the point where if he announced to AU then i would be VERY happy but if he doesnt i wouldnt be disappointed.

I am over the disappointment of finding out Monday/Tues we were out of it for him, but still very disappointed we didn't get him (or Jenkins for that matter).  That doesn't mean I am unhappy or dissatisfied with our class over all.  I will be happy and satisfied if we finish Top 10, but we really needed those guys.  Now if we were to lose Wright then a damper will be put on this class overall.

wde

I'm not really hung up on Drew.  If he comes to AU, great.  If not, I won't even remember his name a week from now.  I do, however, have a question for all those saying "we stopped recruiting him because he made it clear he wasn't coming."  Did any of you actually hear a coach say that, or are you just parroting what someone else posted?  It seems we're becoming almost as bad about that as all those "journalists" we loathed this year because they were just cutting and pasting someone else's rumors about Cam Newton.

I'm not really hung up on Drew.  If he comes to AU, great.  If not, I won't even remember his name a week from now.  I do, however, have a question for all those saying "we stopped recruiting him because he made it clear he wasn't coming."  Did any of you actually hear a coach say that, or are you just parroting what someone else posted?  It seems we're becoming almost as bad about that as all those "journalists" we loathed this year because they were just cutting and pasting someone else's rumors about Cam Newton.

ST said it on FB and Tweeted it yesterday I believe.

ST said it on FB and Tweeted it yesterday I believe.

Well, I guess he's as realiable as any.  It seems odd, however, that Drew has supposedly been a "slight" AU lean for a long time.  Coupled with his own assertion that he has known for some time where he intended to go, a late hour "you're out of it" tends to have me thinking something is amiss.  Either our "insiders" misinterpreted something as being favorable to AU or Drew was playing them.  Given his ordination, I would hate to think the latter is true.

I just want the guy to go ahead and commit somewhere. Wheather it be UGAy or AU, Clemson, FreeShoesU, or The Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too.

He is going to Georgia. St said this on facebook...Drew made it known to the AU coaches that he wasn't going to commit to AU so they have pulled out of the race and will not visit him tomorrow.

You do know that's from Zoolander?!?!  Your very serious response makes this awkward.   :dunno:

It was a serious response but I had to throw some sarcasm in there for good measure. The people who know me hear these types of comments frequently. lol

I read somewhere that since Auburn signed Devaunte that Drew was out of the picture. Has anyone heard anything to say otherwise.

It's been cut and pasted 100 times.

I'm confused about this while situation.  I thought Drew had made his decision a while back and that he planned on sticking with it without making it immediately public (at least I thought I read that somewhere). But all of the sudden, we hear our coaches stop recruiting him this week at his request.

Shortly after his visit to Miami (where Chickillo says they will be getting some big surprises, btw), AU and UGA both have people in the know saying they don't feel good about him.

Since just recently AU thought they were leading, did the Miami visit change his decision that was supposed to have been already made, or is he just hoping to get some shock value by committing to a team that thinks they lost out on him?

I'm confused about this while situation.  I thought Drew had made his decision a while back and that he planned on sticking with it without making it immediately public (at least I thought I read that somewhere). But all of the sudden, we hear our coaches stop recruiting him this week at his request.

Shortly after his visit to Miami (where Chickillo says they will be getting some big surprises, btw), AU and UGA both have people in the know saying they don't feel good about him.

Since just recently AU thought they were leading, did the Miami visit change his decision that was supposed to have been already made, or is he just hoping to get some shock value by committing to a team that thinks they lost out on him?

I think it's the shock value.  We will find out pretty soon.  But don't get your hopes up.  He more than likely won't be an Auburn Tiger.

He is going to UGA.  If you want to maintian hope, no problem, but for me, there is no doubt.

I am leaning towards hoping he does go to UGA. I am not a fan of the games and goofiness. He may be a great kid and just having fun, but I personally think he will take a lot of time to nurture once he gets into the fold at a big program. I can see it being a liability for his development. But he is a helluva talented kid and the right staff may solve all that.

He is going to UGA.  If you want to maintian hope, no problem, but for me, there is no doubt.

I am leaning towards hoping he does go to UGA. I am not a fan of the games and goofiness. He may be a great kid and just having fun, but I personally think he will take a lot of time to nurture once he gets into the fold at a big program. I can see it being a liability for his development. But he is a helluva talented kid and the right staff may solve all that.

The only ' right' staff that could do that is the AU staff with CTR as his position coach.

The only person who knows for certain where he's going is Ray Drew. Everyone can try and speculate him, but it will do you no good.

RD said the other day he had one more prank to do. What if that's what he's doing and picks AU.

If that's the case, he's probably pranked himself right out of a scholly seeing as we probably no longer have room.

Regardless, he isn't coming.

Archived