Auburn vs. MSU

AuburnBasketball

And I still disagree with calling college kids a "product". I don't care who uses it,or how often. That's my opinion.

And I find it offensive for you to insinuate that I don't care about this team. It's not making excuses to say that they need the support of the fans win or lose....but they need it MORE when things aren't going well. These kids have a coach who can address those other issues.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For starters "product" is used all the time to describe what is put on the field, the court, or where ever. In a strictly money terms college sports is a multi billion dollar business. It's a product, it's a package, it has a real monetary value, so come off the high horse. I was speaking in terms of what is put on the court.

Secondly before you try calling me out, try reading what I said. For the millionth time I have said I want to see these guys play to their abilities, because I believe they are better than 6 freaking points in a half. That's not a random assumption, I've seen them play and beat a pretty good team in FSU. So I am not buying this crap of we are incapable of scoring more than 20 points in a half of basketball. I'm not asking them to make it to the final 4, I'm asking them to make easy layups and free throws.

Making excuses for our team is not helping them. I'm not bashing them, but I am trying to hold them to a higher standard, than just wait till next year. I want guys playing and making shots because that's what we expect from them.

With that said, maybe there is one or two players out there reading this. I hope they realize that at least one fan gives a crap and believes they are much better than they are showing, and steps their game up.

Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 02:47:45 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Quote from: blayton23 on January 16, 2011, 02:39:04 PM

this team is beyond atrocious. there needs to be a serious look at whos scholly should or should not be renewed.

AUFAN1:

I agree, Tony Barbee needs to go Nick Saban on this team and start handing out some medical schollys. I wouldn't be upset if they just forfeited the rest of the season, and shut the program down this year.. I really can't find anything positive to say about this team anymore.  "

You should re-read your posts...if this isn't bashing them, then I guess I don't know what bashing is....as a player, I would fail to find anything positive in this.  Your later posts focus on the FSU effort, but it started with this.

While you are free to do it, I find nothing constructive here and one more time, my whole reason for posting was that the team is what it is...they are not forfeiting the rest of the  season, no cavalry will come this season and the players will not turn into superstars overnite. They are Auburn's basketball team and will hopefully continue to play  hard, improve and beat somebody besides FSU this year.  Hopefully, with the commits and transfers they have coming next year, we will be more competitive in this league and hopefully win it at some point. 

Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 02:47:45 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Quote from: blayton23 on January 16, 2011, 02:39:04 PM

this team is beyond atrocious. there needs to be a serious look at whos scholly should or should not be renewed.

AUFAN1:

I agree, Tony Barbee needs to go Nick Saban on this team and start handing out some medical schollys. I wouldn't be upset if they just forfeited the rest of the season, and shut the program down this year.. I really can't find anything positive to say about this team anymore.   "

You should re-read your posts...if this isn't bashing them, then I guess I don't know what bashing is....as a player, I would fail to find anything positive in this.  Your later posts focus on the FSU effort, but it started with this.

While you are free to do it, I find nothing constructive here and one more time, my whole reason for posting was that the team is what it is...they are not forfeiting the rest of the  season, no cavalry will come this season and the players will not turn into superstars overnite. They are Auburn's basketball team and will hopefully continue to play  hard, improve and beat somebody besides FSU this year.  Hopefully, with the commits and transfers they have coming next year, we will be more competitive in this league and hopefully win it at some point. 

First off this isn't an after game reaction thread, this was the actual game thread for the MSU game......

You can quote me and blayton all you want, but the fact is we were actually watching the game. Those comments come during the middle of another embarrassing start to a game where once again we have a grand total of 9 or 10 points, and already down 18 to 20 points. Read the rest of the quotes for the game, I believe we were wondering if we would even make it to 20 before halftime. We got 22. The whole rest of this thread has been a continuation of the increasing frustration of seeing a team perform farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr below what they are capable of. If AU basketball is going to be so irrelevant, and guys are going to play so far below what they are capable of then maybe they should shut the program down, because the first half of the past 3 games have been the worst 3 halves in AU basketball history. BTW I don't want them to shut the program down. I'm just making a point.

Look at the game threads here. Everyone claims to support the team, but most game threads barely make it 3 pages. Hell this is the longest thread involving basketball that I can think of. If a few of us weren't expressing our displeasure at the complete lack of quality basketball the past few weeks, no one would give 2 craps about posting in the basketball thread. It would just be oh well, AU got drilled again, but we will be better next year, and of course it's all Lebo's fault.

Sorry if I have ruffled anyone's feathers, but I'm pretty passionate when it comes to teams playing up to their full potential.

One last thing and I will shut up. I challenge everyone posting on this thread now to show up here if you are able and give your comments and insights when AU plays bammer this weekend.  It would be real nice to see more people posting during the game. If you wanna support the team, start by showing that more than 3 of us are paying attention to the game. :wareagle:

Guys/gals we're all on the same side hear. We want what's best for all AU sport teams. Everyone can see we are not a very good team this year. We may get killed by the turds or we may pull off an upset. Let's keep it a respectful dialogue.

I think I am being cordial, just would prefer more positive comments.  Not sure if AUFAN  is talking about Belle, you and I or others, but looking back, we all have posts on previous games, so maybe you are calling out others. I won't be posting here this weekend because i will be at the game. So light up the board here and hope we can play like we haven't all season and keep the streak against the Gumps going. they should have the big head after getting by the Wildcats last nite.

I have Scouts tomorrow nite so may not be on for the UF game. If it is still on when I do, I will. War Eagle and Gig the Gators!

Archived