Official Florida vs Auburn Thread

Tiger Growlin

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lowest amount of points ever scored by Florida under Donovan and some how we still lose.  At least our defense played well but we are probably the worst offensive team Auburn has ever had.  But the Cup is HALF FULL!!!!  There is no where to go but UP!

Lowest amount of points ever scored by Florida under Donovan and some how we still lose.  At least our defense played well but we are probably the worst offensive team Auburn has ever had.  But the Cup is HALF FULL!!!!  There is no where to go but UP!

^^ This ^^

Just got back from the game. We played well, which admittedly was helped by Florida shooting horrible the whole game. Decent crowd. Not an amazing general admission turnout, but the student section was near capacity which helped with the atmosphere a lot.

Its a mixed bag of feelings right now. On one hand we played hard and we were in the game the entire time, but on the other hand we basically choked away an absolutely amazing opportunity.  1-8 on the line isn't going to cut it. No one player is to blame for the loss but Chubb was definitely off his game tonight. He played hard, but he just gave the ball up too much and missed to many short jumpers and layups.

Hopefully we can gain a bit of confidence out of staying so close with Florida and carry some momentum into Saturdays game!  :we:

Great effort for sure and some pretty good D all in all. Too bad we have virtually zero O. Florida had more air balls and turnovers than I have seen a team have in a long time. Wish we could have taken advantage of that but oh well. Better days ahead.

Guys, this basketball team is bad, plain and simple. I know everyone has a half glass full attitude with them, but I have never seen such an awful display of basketball as I have this season. This could be the worse team ever in Auburn basketball history. I know about all of the attrition and key injuries, but not even Lebo's teams were even this bad. I'll go ahead and say it, Auburn will go 0-16 in the SEC, and unless we sign a game changer for next year, it's going to be rough again....

Just got back from the game. We played well, which admittedly was helped by Florida shooting horrible the whole game. Decent crowd. Not an amazing general admission turnout, but the student section was near capacity which helped with the atmosphere a lot.

Its a mixed bag of feelings right now. On one hand we played hard and we were in the game the entire time, but on the other hand we basically choked away an absolutely amazing opportunity.  1-8 on the line isn't going to cut it. No one player is to blame for the loss but Chubb was definitely off his game tonight. He played hard, but he just gave the ball up too much and missed to many short jumpers and layups.

Hopefully we can gain a bit of confidence out of staying so close with Florida and carry some momentum into Saturdays game!  :we:

You must not ever have to worry about traffic living that close!

Guys, this basketball team is bad, plain and simple. I know everyone has a half glass full attitude with them, but I have never seen such an awful display of basketball as I have this season. This could be the worse team ever in Auburn basketball history. I know about all of the attrition and key injuries, but not even Lebo's teams were even this bad. I'll go ahead and say it, Auburn will go 0-16 in the SEC, and unless we sign a game changer for next year, it's going to be rough again....

Yes they are bad, so what? Still gotta support them. WDE!

Lucky for us we have 3 sitting on the bench waiting for next year... oh and don't forget our recruits.

you must not keep up with Basketball recruiting much do you. we have a top 30 class with 2 guys that are 4 stars the future is very bright for AU BBALL and i think we will win saturday beacuse bama is so bad on the road and when there is alot of people in the Arena it gets loud and the players play off the crowd

The typical fan supports his team when they win and hides when they lose.  What makes the Auburn Family different is we support Auburn win or lose.  This team deserves that kind of support.  They are playing hard.  Don't give up on them.

:wareagle:

Haha, I didn't mean to get everyone riled up, I was just stating a fact. Yes, I root for everything Auburn, but I'm also a realist when it comes to our basketball team. And yes, I do know a thing or 3 about basketball, played it in high school and college. Anyways, I was just reading these comments about the game, and I wasn't sure if I was watching a different game or what. I thought I'd give a realistic take on how this team performs, I'm not a rah rah type of guy, I call it like I see it, and this team would be lucky to beat an AAU team. Again, sorry if I rubbed some people the wrong way.....

By the way AuburnBasketball, I have followed Auburn basketball recruiting as well, and it means nothing if those recruits fail to qualify, ala Cothron and Kemp, to name a few.....

you must not keep up with Basketball recruiting much do you. we have a top 30 class with 2 guys that are 4 stars the future is very bright for AU BBALL and i think we will win saturday beacuse bama is so bad on the road and when there is alot of people in the Arena it gets loud and the players play off the crowd

We have a bright future. You're definitely right about that but you can't expect to beat this Alabama team. They are 3-1 in the conference, favorites to win the West if they keep playing like they have lately, and  are coming off of a win against Kentucky. I hope we can pull the upset but we are bigtime dogs in this one

WAR EAGLE! :thumbsup:

i usually dont post much, as seen from my post count, but can anyone please tell me why we cannot hit a foul shot. i am so tired of seeing auburn lose games from the foul line.i support the team win or lose but this has been going on for several years.do we not practice free throws?

Archived