Can we expect any surprises??

alleyesonthecross

Has anyone thrown Spencer Region's name into the mix? Just sayin'..

I hope not...

From a source close to the Cullman program, Spencer is All In. I'll believe it when I see it though. The coaches were pretty much slapped in the face.

I am hearing rumblings of it also.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the problem with our perception of this years last week of recruiting is that the highly rated guys we are waiting on have been penciled in for a while.  If/when they commit it will only confirm what we thought we knew, but if they go elsewhere then there will be a meltdown.  Last year the late signers we were not so sure of.  Whitaker was the closest to being a lock, so a lot more stressful (and ultimately dissappointing for all but CL) trying to fill our final spots.  

We had to fill 3 left over schollies at the end.  The best way to compare this class to last years class is how many modestly rated recruits come out of nowhere to sign on the last day.

I think the problem with our perception of this years last week of recruiting is that the highly rated guys we are waiting on have been penciled in for a while.  If/when they commit it will only confirm what we thought we knew, but if they go elsewhere then there will be a meltdown.  Last year the late signers we were not so sure of.  Whitaker was the closest to being a lock, so a lot more stressful (and ultimately dissappointing for all but CL) trying to fill our final spots.  

We had to fill 3 left over schollies at the end.  The best way to compare this class to last years class is how many modestly rated recruits come out of nowhere to sign on the last day.

Great way to sum it all up. I agree 100%

Agree that perception has a lot to do with how we view this class. If Wright was not considered a solid lean and he and westerman or calloway were to commit on NSD, we would be jumping up and down.

On a side note, I have the perception of Jonesy as the all knowing guy who sips scotch in the evenings with boosters and coaches based on his profile pic   :laugh:

On a side note, I have the perception of Jonesy as the all knowing guy who sips scotch in the evenings with boosters and coaches based on his profile pic   :laugh:

Perception is reality....  :)

How about the surprise being that the coaches leave one slot open so there will be a space for an early enrollee in next year's class?

I respectfully disagree. Last year was more disappointing for me personally. Lattimore was as high as 85% on ST's bigboard before he chose the fighting chickens. Drew and Crow never got over 60% so they were never really penciled in like Latt was.

Perception is reality....  :)

How about the surprise being that the coaches leave one slot open so there will be a space for an early enrollee in next year's class?

That will not happen unless we lose someone because we will sign at least 25 which is a full class and will not have room for an early enrollee from next year to count to this year.

Archived