The weather and recruiting

Lambda Tiger

I have to say that God is looking out for us this weekend. The weather in Auburn right now is GREAT! I went outside a few minutes ago and I couldn't believe how much warmer it was compared to this time last week. Do you think this will play in our favor in regards to recruiting this weekend? WDE!

I have to say that God is looking out for us this weekend. The weather in Auburn right now is GREAT! I went outside a few minutes ago and I couldn't believe how much warmer it was compared to this time last week. Do you think this will play in our favor in regards to recruiting this weekend? WDE!

I was thinking the same thing. How will a kid from a big city who just flew in for up North, Say Maryland, feel when he walks out into the sunshine in Auburn on this beautiful day.

It may not be the deciding factor but I think it definitely helps.

Yeah when I was 10 (in 04) I went ot the Bama game in Tuscaloosa and it was the first game I had been to where it had rained, despite going to over a dozen games in J-H. I was convinced in my head for a year or 2 that it was always rainy in Tuscaloosa.

Let us hope a recruit from say......... oh I don't know...... Maryland ............. brought some short sleeve shirts because it is nice and warm.

Quick question, are you a brother of lambda chi?

But yeah this weather is outstanding. Almost no humidity too.

No man I'm not. I used Lambda b/c I'm in an honor society at AU that uses it. I will say that I'm a brother on AE.  :thumbsup:

I think I can speak to the effect on weather.  My daughter had some great academic opportunities and we visited visited many colleges before her senior year in high school.  She then got a fantastic offer from Auburn, so last February we decided to take one last college visit, and head to the Lovliest Little Village on the Plains. We have lived in Minnesota all our lives, so we were looking forward to some warm weather and a little "mini vacation" as well.  It just so happened that the southeast was hit by an ice storm over President's Day week-end last year.  Our flight was delayed into Atlanta, and we finally headed off toward Auburn at midnight.  The roads were glare ice and it was the worst driving we had experienced in our lives. We finally got to Auburn at 4:00 in the morning. 

The hotel manager felt bad for us and didn't charge us for the room that night (morning).  From that time on, we experienced wonderful people everwhere we went, although they kept apologizing for the crummy weather. To make a long story short, my daughter did decide to attend Auburn because of the FAMILY attitude, and the Southern Hospitality.  The weather had no effect on her choice of school.  It's the PEOPLE that make Auburn, not sunshine, and Cy and the boys will hopefully pick up on that feeling as well.  Having said that, since the weather is so nice there today, it has to be just icing on the cake. War Eagle!

:tdau:

I don't care what the weather is like in Auburn, because to me, it is always a beautiful day whenever I get the chance to visit Auburn!  As the song says, I don't know if it's cloudy or bright, becuase all I have eyes for is... :cool: Auburn!

I think I can speak to the effect on weather.  My daughter had some great academic opportunities and we visited visited many colleges before her senior year in high school.  She then got a fantastic offer from Auburn, so last February we decided to take one last college visit, and head to the Lovliest Little Village on the Plains. We have lived in Minnesota all our lives, so we were looking forward to some warm weather and a little "mini vacation" as well.  It just so happened that the southeast was hit by an ice storm over President's Day week-end last year.  Our flight was delayed into Atlanta, and we finally headed off toward Auburn at midnight.  The roads were glare ice and it was the worst driving we had experienced in our lives. We finally got to Auburn at 4:00 in the morning. 

The hotel manager felt bad for us and didn't charge us for the room that night (morning).  From that time on, we experienced wonderful people everwhere we went, although they kept apologizing for the crummy weather. To make a long story short, my daughter did decide to attend Auburn because of the FAMILY attitude, and the Southern Hospitality.  The weather had no effect on her choice of school.  It's the PEOPLE that make Auburn, not sunshine, and Cy and the boys will hopefully pick up on that feeling as well.  Having said that, since the weather is so nice there today, it has to be just icing on the cake. War Eagle!

:tdau:

Wow ya'll are actually from Minnesota?!? Dang, that is awesome. Has your daughter developed a southern dialect yet?

lol. I was born and raised in Alabama but my family runs a business in which we come into contact with people from across the country. By the way, what's your daughter's name? I'm involved with a lot of student organizations on campus. I might know her. I apologize if I'm asking too much since I've never met you.  :wareagle:

Quick question, are you a brother of lambda chi?

But yeah this weather is outstanding. Almost no humidity too.

I'm a Lambda Chi, but an old guy.  Graduated in 1983 back in the good old days when Bo Jackosn was there.

I grew up in the Midwest.  I'll never forget one January day when I was Freshman at Auburn and walking out of a science class to 70 degree weather.  It was like a dream.  Of course, August was like a nightmare!

Archived