Dorial Green-Beckham (new info)

RkyMtnTIger

Arkansas has become what Tennessee use to be in producing top notched WRs. Auburn would take DGB over any receiver in the nation if he wanted to come. I see Stefon Diggs as athlete in the mold of Reed and Bray. He's a great athlete but not a polished receiver like DGB. I wouldn't count out home state Mizzou for DGB. I would think they are his second choice behind Oklahoma and then Arky.

Clowney was always a longshot, and as it turned out, so was Ray Drew.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oklahoma and Arkansas run offenses that can showcase multiple wide receivers.  While Adams and to an extent Zachary has excelled under Malzahn, he has a run first mentality that will make some receivers hesistate before picking Auburn.  I don't like these percentage games that much, but the 45% comment seemed silly.  We and Texas are likely in the low% range, with Arkansas and Oklahoma as the likely choices by far. 

Another question is how hard are we even recruiting him?  We were on the high list for Clowney last year, but we really were much more focused on Ray Drew.  This year, I'd say we are much more focused on Diggs than DGB.

DGB is a true wideout, Diggs is an athlete, we would take him in a heartbeat and are recruiting the best wide receiver in the country hard when we are in his top 4....

Oklahoma and Arkansas run offenses that can showcase multiple wide receivers.  While Adams and to an extent Zachary has excelled under Malzahn, he has a run first mentality that will make some receivers hesistate before picking Auburn.  I don't like these percentage games that much, but the 45% comment seemed silly.  We and Texas are likely in the low% range, with Arkansas and Oklahoma as the likely choices by far. 

Another question is how hard are we even recruiting him?  We were on the high list for Clowney last year, but we really were much more focused on Ray Drew.  This year, I'd say we are much more focused on Diggs than DGB.

You are normally spot on with your analysis Counsel but I have to disagree with you a bit here. Coach Malzahn does not have a run first mentality. His offense adapts to the talent on the team. Look at what he did at Tulsa. His teams were in the top 10 in the nation in rushing and receiving. Auburn has had better running backs than receivers during his time here. For example Darvin Adams was a great quality receiver who greatly over achieved based on his God-given ability. He was not a traditional, prime time receiver. Now if Coach Malzahn had receivers like Ben and Devin from a few years ago then the team would put up great receiving stats.

I sure hope he can make it to the Iron Bowl this year. I think that him making that or not could decide on whether or not Auburn has any hope for getting him as a recruit.

Article notes that Auburn is in his top four......looking for an official visit

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/11/top_prospect_dorial_green-beck.html

WAR EAGLE!!!

That spin toward UAT in that article was kind of annoying.  I guess Saban always gets who he wants....

Bammers swearing he is a lock to them. I don't believe it but does anyone have any insight?

iStock_000006514445XSmall-300x299.jpg

Nope.

I dont even think they made his top 4............

Bammers swearing he is a lock to them. I don't believe it but does anyone have any insight?

iStock_000006514445XSmall-300x299.jpg

Nope.

I know. They are saying he had a change of heart after he visited t-town.

Nope.

I know. They are saying he had a change of heart after he visited t-town.

Maybe the bammers were wondering if DGB would be interested in kicking fieldgoals instead of playing WR.

Maybe he liked the rims on that new ride?

Or the hookers inside of it?

The hookers, wearing new suits, signed by Trent Richardson, in that new ride, with those new rims.................and the new house they picked it all up at

The hookers, wearing new suits, signed by Trent Richardson, in that new ride, with those new rims.................and the new house they picked it all up at

Before they went and ate at the Japanese steak house!

The only suit the hookers were wearing was their birthday suit...

Calm down with all the accusations.  Real or in jest.    Living through last year should have taught everyone in Orange and Blue how wrong it is to just throw out things with no proof.    :dunno:

I don't think D G-B has really given any indication how he feels.  I think he just throws out names to get people to leave him alone.  From what I hear, he is very private.

I think if he takes a visit, we have a decent chance at him.

Calm down with all the accusations.   Real or in jest.    Living through last year should have taught everyone in Orange and Blue how wrong it is to just throw out things with no proof.    :dunno:

I don't think D G-B has really given any indication how he feels.   I think he just throws out names to get people to leave him alone.   From what I hear, he is very private.

In my case, I was joking, but the accusations (at least the hookers and suits, anyway) are based on recent transgressions that UAT has been guilty of...apologies if anyone thought I was being serious, though.

Calm down with all the accusations.   Real or in jest.    Living through last year should have taught everyone in Orange and Blue how wrong it is to just throw out things with no proof.    :dunno:

I don't think D G-B has really given any indication how he feels.   I think he just throws out names to get people to leave him alone.   From what I hear, he is very private.

In my case, I was joking, but the accusations (at least the hookers and suits, anyway) are based on recent transgressions that UAT has been guilty of...apologies if anyone thought I was being serious, though.

Red, you and me are tight.  If and when we meet up, the first beer is on me.    I just was pointing out that a lot of people were upset when it fell on AU last year.  Give UA the same respect this year. 

:dunno:

Red, you and me are tight.   If and when we meet up, the first beer is on me.    I just was pointing out that a lot of people were upset when it fell on AU last year.   Give UA the same respect this year. 

I think the days of AU people turning the other cheek when they get slapped is over.  Anyway the cars and hookers were violations Alabama was found guilty of already. There is of course documented evidence of suits and Trent Richardson driving an expensive SUV that a future probation might address.  Of course since Alabama has been on probation 17 of 20 years and they are still competing for titles I guess that doesn't mean much to them. 

Red, you and me are tight.   If and when we meet up, the first beer is on me.    I just was pointing out that a lot of people were upset when it fell on AU last year.   Give UA the same respect this year. 

You respect who you want to. I believe respect is earned and I don't respect people who cheat in golf either.

Red, you and me are tight.   If and when we meet up, the first beer is on me.    I just was pointing out that a lot of people were upset when it fell on AU last year.   Give UA the same respect this year. 

And you were right to do so, because such things can carry more weight than they should. I responded the way I did to make sure that everyone knew I was just kidding around, not actually reporting things I'd heard about the situation. There are probably those who would take my words as reality, and the fact that I'm a moderator on the site might well give credibility to something that was meant in jest.

And yeah, I fully expect to take you up on that beer come spring semester. :thumbsup:

Archived