Dorial Green-Beckham (new info)

RkyMtnTIger

Calm down with all the accusations.   Real or in jest.    Living through last year should have taught everyone in Orange and Blue how wrong it is to just throw out things with no proof.    :dunno:

I agree with you. Without consistency, there can never  be credibility...

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:pcprobs:

Calm down with all the accusations.   Real or in jest.    Living through last year should have taught everyone in Orange and Blue how wrong it is to just throw out things with no proof.    :dunno:

So being consistently inconsistent brings credibility....  :dunno:  :laugh:  ;)

no...every person, institution, or business will tend to be characterized by their worst actions or service...ie I can be a great man for 20 years and make one mistake and that will be who I am to the general, uniformed public.  A university's fan based can be characterized by the actions of their worst fan.

no...every person, institution, or business will tend to be characterized by their worst actions or service...ie I can be a great man for 20 years and make one mistake and that will be who I am to the general, uniformed public.  A university's fan based can be characterized by the actions of their worst fan.

or coach?

Calm down with all the accusations.   Real or in jest.    Living through last year should have taught everyone in Orange and Blue how wrong it is to just throw out things with no proof.    :dunno:

I don't think D G-B has really given any indication how he feels.   I think he just throws out names to get people to leave him alone.   From what I hear, he is very private.

I think if he takes a visit, we have a decent chance at him.

In my case, I was joking, but the accusations (at least the hookers and suits, anyway) are based on recent transgressions that UAT has been guilty of...apologies if anyone thought I was being serious, though.

Red, you and me are tight.   If and when we meet up, the first beer is on me.    I just was pointing out that a lot of people were upset when it fell on AU last year.   Give UA the same respect this year. 

:dunno:

I think the days of AU people turning the other cheek when they get slapped is over.   Anyway the cars and hookers were violations Alabama was found guilty of already. There is of course documented evidence of suits and Trent Richardson driving an expensive SUV that a future probation might address.  Of course since Alabama has been on probation 17 of 20 years and they are still competing for titles I guess that doesn't mean much to them. 

" I think the days of AU people turning the other cheek when they get slapped is over. "

Right on brother ! What that group attempted to do to us all last year took my hate to another level I did not think was possible. They have earned any negative thing coming their way.

War Eagle !

Are you Harvey Updyke?

Are you Harvey Updyke?

Am I Harvey Updyke?  No, I'm just a person who sees things the way they are.  I understand that one bad apple spoils the bunch and that unfortunately one mistake in one moment, can define a person's life.  Jim Tressel doesn't do the ethically right thing to do in one situation and his career is tainted....Joe Paterno doesn't do the morally and ethically right thing to do in one situation and his legendary career is tainted.  Cam Newton makes some mistakes as a kid and to some people he will always be defined by those minor mistakes.  Because I am a flawed human being just like them, I am blessed that my life isn't under an electron microscope.

Now, when it comes to Harvey Updyke...Not only do I believe he has no remorse in regards to his actions, I believe he is proud of them and would most certainly do them again.  He has become a UA celebrity and poisoning our tress is probably the most significant accomplishment of his life.  So, I hope that the fullest extent of legal punishment is given to him.

Here are snipits of an article from DGB and Hillcrest's most recent playoff game against the #2 team in Missouri.

Hillcrest grabbed the second-half momentum with two third-quarter scores to build a 28-14 edge. Green-Beckham, the nation's No. 1 recruit by several ratings services, had a hand in both touchdowns. He used his 6-foot-6 frame to peeled off his defender and come back for a ball that was thrown short by 5 yards, then turned it into a 26-yard gain on the first play after the Hornets took the ball on downs. Jonah Hill ran a streak down the right hash on the next play and hauled in a 33-yard touchdown pass for a 21-6 lead. Green-Beckham flipped the momentum again when he stuck out his glove and snagged the ball on a quick out to the flat. He broke against the grain behind his downfield blocks and sprinted untouched for 48 yards and a 28-14 lead with 3:15 left in the third quarter. "Big players have to make big plays," said Green-Beckham, who finished with six catches for 116 yards and a TD. "But I felt like our defense came out here and fought their hearts out and made big stops, and our team is improving each week."...Hillcrest will host No. 1 Webb City (12-0), a 63-21 winner over Helias, at 1:30 p.m. Saturday in a Class 4 quarterfinal. "In Class 4, Webb City is the king of the mountain," Beckham said. "We've come a long way, and we know the measuring stick is Webb City. It's almost like be careful what you ask for, but we want to see where we're at as a program."

I really like DGB's poise, leadership, and moxie.

Here are snipits of an article from DGB and Hillcrest's most recent playoff game against the #2 team in Missouri.

Hillcrest grabbed the second-half momentum with two third-quarter scores to build a 28-14 edge. Green-Beckham, the nation's No. 1 recruit by several ratings services, had a hand in both touchdowns. He used his 6-foot-6 frame to peeled off his defender and come back for a ball that was thrown short by 5 yards, then turned it into a 26-yard gain on the first play after the Hornets took the ball on downs. Jonah Hill ran a streak down the right hash on the next play and hauled in a 33-yard touchdown pass for a 21-6 lead. Green-Beckham flipped the momentum again when he stuck out his glove and snagged the ball on a quick out to the flat. He broke against the grain behind his downfield blocks and sprinted untouched for 48 yards and a 28-14 lead with 3:15 left in the third quarter. "Big players have to make big plays," said Green-Beckham, who finished with six catches for 116 yards and a TD. "But I felt like our defense came out here and fought their hearts out and made big stops, and our team is improving each week."...Hillcrest will host No. 1 Webb City (12-0), a 63-21 winner over Helias, at 1:30 p.m. Saturday in a Class 4 quarterfinal. "In Class 4, Webb City is the king of the mountain," Beckham said. "We've come a long way, and we know the measuring stick is Webb City. It's almost like be careful what you ask for, but we want to see where we're at as a program."

I really like DGB's poise, leadership, and moxie.

i find it hard to believe he could get past the DBs  :dunno:

79310d1317027437-jonah-hill-jonah-hill-wallpapers.jpg

I've saw Dorial on several occasions. He's from Sprinfield MO.

His adopted parents want him to stay close to home.

Word is it's between OU, U of A, and Mizzou.

If they want him to stay close to home, the fact Mizzou is now in the SEC might help Mizzou get him over Alabama.

If they want him to stay close to home, the fact Mizzou is now in the SEC might help Mizzou get him over Alabama.

U of A in this case meant Arky not bama. Bama is not a finalist for him.

Along the same lines, the fact that Missouri is going to get their butts handed to them for several years, now that they are in the SEC, might make Arkansas more of a contender... or even us.

Along the same lines, the fact that Missouri is going to get their butts handed to them for several years, now that they are in the SEC, might make Arkansas more of a contender... or even us.

With Tennessee down and Kentucky being ...well Kentucky, and Vandy is always winnable theu may not do so bad in the East.

The SEC east is downright terrible. They should be paying rent to the teams in the West. Im not sure Mizzou couldn't win the east this year. Who could've thought that Florida, Tennessee, and UGA could all be down at the SAME time. Don't think its ever happened before. USCe is one man team (lattimore) and were never really a very good team. Its embarrassing to the conference how bad the east is right now.

Be forreal, mizzou won't know what hit them in the SEC...gonna be a long year for them

Disagree. The SEC East is really the SEC Least at the moment. SC will be good. Florida is talented enough to be good but how long will it take them to transition well to a pro style offense?...UGA is sitting nice at the moment but if they lose 4 of their last 5 Richt may be gone, Tennessee is still struggling, Vandy is getting better but still beatable, and Kentucky is Kentucky. Plus Florida is the only team in the East that can play with DGB if Mizzou gets him.

MIZZOU will be very competitive in the East. 

I would say key phrase is WILL BE.  I still think it will take several years of being in the SEC before they will be able to really compete. They look good against Big 12 competition, but they aren't ready for a weekly SEC beat down.  Like Arkansas, however, they will get there.

Be forreal, mizzou won't know what hit them in the SEC...gonna be a long year for them

Disagree. The SEC East is really the SEC Least at the moment. SC will be good. Florida is talented enough to be good but how long will it take them to transition well to a pro style offense?...UGA is sitting nice at the moment but if they lose 4 of their last 5 Richt may be gone, Tennessee is still struggling, Vandy is getting better but still beatable, and Kentucky is Kentucky. Plus Florida is the only team in the East that can play with DGB if Mizzou gets him.

If UGA loses today Richt could be gone, and if they lose to GA Tech as well (very possible) he's almost certainly gone no matter what. But as weak as the SEC East might be right now, I still think Dooley is going to get things turned around at UT, and there's  so much talent at Florida that I fully expect them to be back to being the kingpin of the division next year (remember how many coaches have won it all during their second year...Tressel, Stoops, Meyer, Chizik...and Saban went undefeated through the regular season in his second year).

But even if those teams don't turn it around, Missou is going to get a lesson on life in the SEC next year. It's not the singular teams they have to worry so much about, it's the grind. Every year there are around 3 or 4 teams, at least, who have the talent to win it all, and 2 or 3 more who aren't far behind. This year LSU and Bama are probably the two best teams in the country, but Arkansas isn't too far behind them, Georgia has the talent but maybe not the right coach, Auburn has the talent but too much youth, Florida has the talent but is still learning the system...and that's not even to mention USCe, who has arguably the best running back in the country (is Lattimore still hurt?). Also keep in mind that a third of the head coaches in the SEC have their own national championship ring, so it's not so easy to outcoach teams, either.

If UGA loses today Richt could be gone, and if they lose to GA Tech as well (very possible) he's almost certainly gone no matter what. But as weak as the SEC East might be right now, I still think Dooley is going to get things turned around at UT, and there's  so much talent at Florida that I fully expect them to be back to being the kingpin of the division next year (remember how many coaches have won it all during their second year...Tressel, Stoops, Meyer, Chizik...and Saban went undefeated through the regular season in his second year).

But even if those teams don't turn it around, Missou is going to get a lesson on life in the SEC next year. It's not the singular teams they have to worry so much about, it's the grind. Every year there are around 3 or 4 teams, at least, who have the talent to win it all, and 2 or 3 more who aren't far behind. This year LSU and Bama are probably the two best teams in the country, but Arkansas isn't too far behind them, Georgia has the talent but maybe not the right coach, Auburn has the talent but too much youth, Florida has the talent but is still learning the system...and that's not even to mention USCe, who has arguably the best running back in the country (is Lattimore still hurt?). Also keep in mind that a third of the head coaches in the SEC have their own national championship ring, so it's not so easy to outcoach teams, either.

Lattimore's out for the year, but I agree with everything else you said about Mizzou early. I do think being in the SEC will help their recruiting though and eventually they will compete.

Archived