Dorial Green-Beckham (new info)

RkyMtnTIger

Be forreal, mizzou won't know what hit them in the SEC...gonna be a long year for them

Disagree. The SEC East is really the SEC Least at the moment. SC will be good. Florida is talented enough to be good but how long will it take them to transition well to a pro style offense?...UGA is sitting nice at the moment but if they lose 4 of their last 5 Richt may be gone, Tennessee is still struggling, Vandy is getting better but still beatable, and Kentucky is Kentucky. Plus Florida is the only team in the East that can play with DGB if Mizzou gets him.

If UGA loses today Richt could be gone, and if they lose to GA Tech as well (very possible) he's almost certainly gone no matter what. But as weak as the SEC East might be right now, I still think Dooley is going to get things turned around at UT, and there's  so much talent at Florida that I fully expect them to be back to being the kingpin of the division next year (remember how many coaches have won it all during their second year...Tressel, Stoops, Meyer, Chizik...and Saban went undefeated through the regular season in his second year).

But even if those teams don't turn it around, Missou is going to get a lesson on life in the SEC next year. It's not the singular teams they have to worry so much about, it's the grind. Every year there are around 3 or 4 teams, at least, who have the talent to win it all, and 2 or 3 more who aren't far behind. This year LSU and Bama are probably the two best teams in the country, but Arkansas isn't too far behind them, Georgia has the talent but maybe not the right coach, Auburn has the talent but too much youth, Florida has the talent but is still learning the system...and that's not even to mention USCe, who has arguably the best running back in the country (is Lattimore still hurt?). Also keep in mind that a third of the head coaches in the SEC have their own national championship ring, so it's not so easy to outcoach teams, either.

I agree with your analysis Red. I am just not going to write Mizzou of early in their SEC East journey. There may be opportunity to compete early given the possible landscape in the East. Plus The Miz is in the Big 12 at the moment, the only conference outside the SEC I have any respect for. Although it's not as difficult, it is still a grind to have to play talented teams like OU, OSU. Texas, TAMU, K State...and to an extent Texas Tech an Baylor.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be forreal, mizzou won't know what hit them in the SEC...gonna be a long year for them

Disagree. The SEC East is really the SEC Least at the moment. SC will be good. Florida is talented enough to be good but how long will it take them to transition well to a pro style offense?...UGA is sitting nice at the moment but if they lose 4 of their last 5 Richt may be gone, Tennessee is still struggling, Vandy is getting better but still beatable, and Kentucky is Kentucky. Plus Florida is the only team in the East that can play with DGB if Mizzou gets him.

If UGA loses today Richt could be gone, and if they lose to GA Tech as well (very possible) he's almost certainly gone no matter what. But as weak as the SEC East might be right now, I still think Dooley is going to get things turned around at UT, and there's  so much talent at Florida that I fully expect them to be back to being the kingpin of the division next year (remember how many coaches have won it all during their second year...Tressel, Stoops, Meyer, Chizik...and Saban went undefeated through the regular season in his second year).

But even if those teams don't turn it around, Missou is going to get a lesson on life in the SEC next year. It's not the singular teams they have to worry so much about, it's the grind. Every year there are around 3 or 4 teams, at least, who have the talent to win it all, and 2 or 3 more who aren't far behind. This year LSU and Bama are probably the two best teams in the country, but Arkansas isn't too far behind them, Georgia has the talent but maybe not the right coach, Auburn has the talent but too much youth, Florida has the talent but is still learning the system...and that's not even to mention USCe, who has arguably the best running back in the country (is Lattimore still hurt?). Also keep in mind that a third of the head coaches in the SEC have their own national championship ring, so it's not so easy to outcoach teams, either.

I agree with your analysis Red. I am just not going to write Mizzou of early in their SEC East journey. There may be opportunity to compete early given the possible landscape in the East. Plus The Miz is in the Big 12 at the moment, the only conference outside the SEC I have any respect for. Although it's not as difficult, it is still a grind to have to play talented teams like OU, OSU. Texas, TAMU, K State...and to an extent Texas Tech an Baylor.

I think they might be good, but I don't see them winning anything unless the other teams collapse around them.

And, to be honest, my respect for the Big 10+2 is up a fair amount now. Nebraska's admission really changes things for me, because that gives them 5 teams that I legitimately could see winning a national championship in the near future (SEC has to beat up on itself for it to happen, but still). The Big 12-2 has, at best, 4 teams who fit that mold.

Bros we need this guy bad..he will be the next megatron..he could take over a conference

Agree. I said when Julio signed with bama he would mean the difference in an IB before he left and he did. In fact, no Julio, bama does not win the 2009 IB and does not play for the NC.

DGB has the potential to be that kind of an impact player as well.

His High School team were knocked out of the Playoffs yesterday so he will have an opportunity to take an OV for the Iron Bowl...Also saw Countdown to signing Day by Scout.com today. They listed a top 5 for DGB. Auburn was not in it but uat was so  :dunno::banghead:

I hate to say it but I think he could end up a turd. I'm hearing too much from a guy who is usually right. Bama fan unfortunately.

Well they do need a prime time receiver to bring balance to the dark side of the force.

I hate to say it but I think he could end up a turd. I'm hearing too much from a guy who is usually right. Bama fan unfortunately.

Well they do need a prime time receiver to bring balance to the dark side of the force.

My question is....do they have a QB to get him the ball?

for a recruit who has been super quiet on the recruiting trail, i doubt anyone will know until there is a direct quote from the young man.

Even Tim Tebow could get DGB the bal...BA-ZING!

Even Tim Tebow could get DGB the bal...BA-ZING!

:laugh:

For a phenom top talent WR it would not be logical to choose bama over Oklahoma. bama only passes because they can't run every play it would be too obvious, and most of the passes bama has are to the running back. Oklahoma is a good balance between run/pass depending on who they play.

Logically it would make sense that DGB would look at Oklahoma State they have the best pass offense in college football right now. DGB could replace the best WR in college football right now, Justin Blackmon (Justin could play on any NFL team today)

However, it would be insanely AUsome if DGB picked Auburn, I know it is a long shot but we should not give up regardless of how things might look, because in recruiting you never know.  :thumbsup:

Julio picked bama and came out pretty good in the draft.  I'm sure they will be reminding him of this also.

Not to mention that they won't be saying how bad their QBs are, but how they look bad because they don't have a receiver to throw to. 

Julio picked bama and came out pretty good in the draft.  I'm sure they will be reminding him of this also.

Demaryius Thomas did well in the draft coming out of paul johnson's option offense.  The NFL will find talent no matter where it is or what offense it comes from.

Demaryius Thomas did well in the draft coming out of paul johnson's option offense.  The NFL will find talent no matter where it is or what offense it comes from.

Also if i am not mistaken wasn't Ga. Tech a running  team when Calvin "MEGATRON" Johnson was drafted hig?

Also if i am not mistaken wasn't Ga. Tech a running  team when Calvin "MEGATRON" Johnson was drafted hig?

They were a shotgun/single back offense under chan gailey in 2006.  Not a pass happy team by any means.  They were the number 6 passing team and number 2 rushing team in the acc with almost 200 more rush attempts than passes.

They were a shotgun/single back offense under chan gailey in 2006.  Not a pass happy team by any means.  They were the number 6 passing team and number 2 rushing team in the acc with almost 200 more rush attempts than passes.

I think they tried to throw it around some. They just weren't very good at it. However it was obvious Calvin was in "beast mode" at the college level. I believe he was the #1 rated WR prospect coming out of college.

I think they tried to throw it around some. They just weren't very good at it. However it was obvious Calvin was in "beast mode" at the college level. I believe he was the #1 rated WR prospect coming out of college.

They did only complete 47% of their passes.  But they weren't Houston or Texas tech.  They were a run first team with a stud wr.

I would love to see this young man choose the AU family as his school.  I don't trust any listings I have seen or heard.  I also don't trust anyone who says they are in the know.  I think this young man from the start has kept his choices to himself and does not grand stand.    One of the many things I like about him.

I hope he chooses us.  He is definitely the type to dominate in college football.

War Eagle!!!

:wedance:

I would love to see this young man choose the AU family as his school.   I don't trust any listings I have seen or heard.  I also don't trust anyone who says they are in the know.   I think this young man from the start has kept his choices to himself and does not grand stand.    One of the many things I like about him.

I hope he chooses us.  He is definitely the type to dominate in college football.

War Eagle!!!

I didn't know if this was directed to me... I wasn't expecting anyone to trust me regarding recruiting information. I was just passing on what a guy told me who is close to someone on the bama staff. He said a big impression was made at the LSU game.

I would love to see this young man choose the AU family as his school.   I don't trust any listings I have seen or heard.  I also don't trust anyone who says they are in the know.   I think this young man from the start has kept his choices to himself and does not grand stand.    One of the many things I like about him.

War Eagle!!!

I didn't know if this was directed to me... I wasn't expecting anyone to trust me regarding recruiting information. I was just passing on what a guy told me who is close to someone on the bama staff. He said a big impression was made at the LSU game.

I doubt it was to you. Was probably about his recruitment in general in that different people have a short list for DGB.

War Eagle!!!

I doubt it was to you. Was probably about his recruitment in general in that different people have a short list for DGB.

My post was not directed at anyone in particular, and I apologize if I made it seem that way.  It was meant just in general.  From all that I have heard about this young man, he keeps his intentions to himself.  I don't doubt that your contact felt that they made a big impression, (and they may have), but I am not so sure if that will translate into him signing there. 

My gut feeling is that he will play somewhere close to home because of a sick family member.  I would love to have him in the AU family, but only time will tell.

War Eagle!!!

Is DGB still in the high school playoffs or will he be in JH for the turd smashin'?

Is DGB still in the high school playoffs or will he be in JH for the turd smashin'?

Out of the Playoffs's and heard he is still planning to come!

Archived