Dorial Green-Beckham (new info)

RkyMtnTIger

Can we get a percentage estimate? Is 45 an accurate assumption?

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have to get him here for the Iron Bowl so root for his team to lose in the playoffs so he can make the trip...Also what in the sam hill does BSPN stand for? And I would say OU is still the leaser regardless of how many receivers they have committed.

For Oklahoma to have so many WR commits in the BSPN top 150, is it reasonable to say that they are more of a long shot than us?  :dunno:

I would have to believe that works in our favor.

WDE

When you're as talented as DGB you don't really worry about who else is commited or already there.

For Oklahoma to have so many WR commits in the BSPN top 150, is it reasonable to say that they are more of a long shot than us?  :dunno:

WDE

If he is better than them it doesnt really matter to him. He would get playing time before they do.

WDE

If he is better than them it doesnt really matter to him. He would get playing time before they do.

I realize he is the #1 wr but when the #7, #8 and #9 wr's are ALREADY committed, you gotta believe that weighs on his mind a little....

WDE

WDE

I realize he is the #1 wr but when the #7, #8 and #9 wr's are ALREADY committed, you gotta believe that weighs on his mind a little....

WDE

If he commits to OU the others may go elsewhere. Plus they run 80-90 plays a game so there are plenty of ba;;s to go around.

WDE

WDE

I can promise you that will have no negative impact on his decision. If you want to be the best you can't be scared of competition, and he's not. He's pretty good friends with Durron Neal, so if anything it's a plus for OU.

We have to get him here for the Iron Bowl so root for his team to lose in the playoffs so he can make the trip...Also what in the sam hill does BSPN stand for? And I would say OU is still the leaser regardless of how many receivers they have committed.

I don't think that DGB would like to know that a fan base is pulling for him to lose just so he can take a visit.  I know if I was a player, and I found that out, it would be a negative.  Not saying it will or would be an issue, it just struck me as odd.  If we want this kid, and care about him, I'd have a hard time hoping he would lose.

I don't think that DGB would like to know that a fan base is pulling for him to lose just so he can take a visit.  I know if I was a player, and I found that out, it would be a negative.  Not saying it will or would be an issue, it just struck me as odd.  If we want this kid, and care about him, I'd have a hard time hoping he would lose.

Let's be clear. I want him to put up great numbers in the playoffs. I want him to do well in all the games. I want his team to win the first 3 rounds and lose the semi final round so he can make the iron bowl. If i was a recruit that would not bother me at all and I would understand why a fan would want that to happen so I can see the greatest and most ELECTRIFYING RIVALRY IN ALL OF SPORTS and would have no ill will at all for him feeling that way.

From TOS

DGB finally broke the silence on his recruiting. ESPN Insider says he named a top 4 of OU, Arkansas, Texas and Auburn. However, from the article it seems pretty clear that its an OU and Arkansas race with Texas and Auburn on the outside trying to get in. Biggest surprise obviously is that it looks like home state Mizzou is out of the running.

He said he MAY take officials to Texas and Auburn IF his schedule between football season and basketball season allows it. Basically if they don't lose early in the state playoffs then it probably won't happen to either.

i HOPE  loses so he can visit.  We have 0% chance if he does not  visit

This situation reminds me of Cyrus K. last year. He finally came down and committed to us before all of the fishy stuff went on. Maybe the same will happen with DGB except he sticks with his decision.

Guest Montressor

Man, I'd love to have this guy on the Plains.  If not AU, then I hope he goes to OU.  But Arky's offense has to be pretty attractive for a WR. 

Let's be clear. I want him to put up great numbers in the playoffs. I want him to do well in all the games. I want his team to win the first 3 rounds and lose the semi final round so he can make the iron bowl. If i was a recruit that would not bother me at all and I would understand why a fan would want that to happen so I can see the greatest and most ELECTRIFYING RIVALRY IN ALL OF SPORTS and would have no ill will at all for him feeling that way.

Okay there Boss, I'm really not worried about how you'd feel (unless you are 6'5" and 230lbs. with sprinter speed and college eligibility).  It might be that DGB feels the same way that you do, and that's just fine if he does.  A lot of these kids take their high school seasons extremely serious, so I was just pointing out that there might be SOME kids that would take offense.  I would love for him to have a chance to make the Iron Bowl too, and if he does then great.  However, I just don't feel right hoping that the guy loses.  It's a simple difference in opinion.  No big deal.  War Eagle!

:we:

Okay there Boss, I'm really not worried about how you'd feel (unless you are 6'5" and 230lbs. with sprinter speed and college eligibility).  It might be that DGB feels the same way that you do, and that's just fine if he does.  A lot of these kids take their high school seasons extremely serious, so I was just pointing out that there might be SOME kids that would take offense.  I would love for him to have a chance to make the Iron Bowl too, and if he does then great.  However, I just don't feel right hoping that the guy loses.  It's a simple difference in opinion.  No big deal.  War Eagle!

Yes it's a difference of opinion and that's cool. I just felt the need to clarify my opinion since you thought my post may have been negative. But since others have expressed the same opinion I have I feel vindicated so it's all good.

WDE

Same could be said for us with RB's and QB's...RB's we always have, but QB's of late. To be completely honest, I don't know why a top 2013 QB would want to come to AU, knowing that Clint is a SO, Keihl is a TrF, and Zeke Pike is on his way...

I don't think it is ever ok for us to wish a high school player, no matter how good he is, to lose a game just so he can make a trip to our campus. That is selfish. If he wants to see what we have to offer bad enough, he will find a time to make the trip.    I mean seriously DGB, you've had a great season and high school career, but could you possibly lose before you make the state championship so you can come see us beat the crap out of the turds  :dunno:  :-\

I don't think it is ever ok for us to wish a high school player, no matter how good he is, to lose a game just so he can make a trip to our campus. That is selfish. If he wants to see what we have to offer bad enough, he will find a time to make the trip.    I mean seriously DGB, you've had a great season and high school career, but could you possibly lose before you make the state championship so you can come see us beat the crap out of the turds  :dunno:   :-\

We are not asking him to lose. We just hope his team does that's all. I guarantee all of us that want him here for the IB will congradulate him if his team gets to the state final and wins it.

ESPN is saying DGB,

now has two leaders in Oklahoma and Arky, with Texas and Auburn right behind.

He will visit the Iron bowl after Texas plays KState the week before.  The trip to Auburn hinges on DBG's younger brother and his Basketball schedule.  Let's hope their family works it out, once he makes an official I sure his family will fall in love with TLVOTP.

ESPN is saying DGB,

now has two leaders in Oklahoma and Arky, with Texas and Auburn right behind.

He will visit the Iron bowl after Texas plays KState the week before.  The trip to Auburn hinges on DBG's younger brother and his Basketball schedule.  Let's hope their family works it out, once he makes an official I sure his family will fall in love with TLVOTP.

. The trip to Auburn hinges on him not being in his state championship game. He will not be on the plains for the IB if his team is still playing because it's the day after the IB.

i HOPE  loses so he can visit.  We have 0% chance if he does not  visit

He has already visited us once with his family.  An OV would help tremendously though

Oklahoma and Arkansas run offenses that can showcase multiple wide receivers.  While Adams and to an extent Zachary has excelled under Malzahn, he has a run first mentality that will make some receivers hesistate before picking Auburn.  I don't like these percentage games that much, but the 45% comment seemed silly.  We and Texas are likely in the low% range, with Arkansas and Oklahoma as the likely choices by far. 

Another question is how hard are we even recruiting him?  We were on the high list for Clowney last year, but we really were much more focused on Ray Drew.  This year, I'd say we are much more focused on Diggs than DGB.

Archived