Over signing Question

AUFAN1972

As of today South Carolina had there 32nd player to committ to the them.  I pulled up the South Carolina page on rivals to look and see how many had already signed LOI to be back counted to the 2010.  Well, they are all listed as 2011's.

Auburn had 32 commits last year, but several counted back to the 2009 year to keep Auburn at the SEC limit of 28.

What the heck are they doing?

They are supposed to be in the hunt for Clowney, he would put them at 33.

As of today South Carolina had there 32nd player to committ to the them.  I pulled up the South Carolina page on rivals to look and see how many had already signed LOI to be back counted to the 2010.  Well, they are all listed as 2011's.

Auburn had 32 commits last year, but several counted back to the 2009 year to keep Auburn at the SEC limit of 28.

I didn't know Houston Nutt is coaching the Gamecocks. 

Only South Carolina coaches know how many of there 2010 signees count back to 2009 giving room for 2011 signees to count to 2010. if Clowney is number 33 then they can count 5 back to 2010. Also Rivals and Scout are not usually up to date on the info you referenced.

Only South Carolina coaches know how many of there 2010 signees count back to 2009 giving room for 2011 signees to count to 2010. if Clowney is number 33 then they can count 5 back to 2010. Also Rivals and Scout are not usually up to date on the info you referenced.

I may be completely wrong but I thought to count back to last year they had to be early enrollees. 

I looked it up and SC signed 23 last year so they can count 2 back. Unless they counted some back last year.

Yes but you do not know how many of those 23 counted back to 2009.

I may be completely wrong but I thought to count back to last year they had to be early enrollees. 

Correct but Rivals and Scout are usually not right with whoever enrolled at a school early.

Archived