CK update

BadrabbitAU

SIAP: A free Scout article:

Kristen Kenney covered the event at DeMatha Catholic for Scout.com. Moments after the announcement, she posted that Cyrus had not signed his letter of intent and “has serious doubts about choosing Auburn. His family has doubts.”

Later she reported to Andrew Bone of Scout.com that Kouandjio told her, “I feel like I may have made the wrong choice.” She predicted that he would not sign today, that he “may take a few days to rethink his decision and then sign.”

It still is possible that Kouandjio could choose Auburn in this bizarre situation.

Those weren't quotes from CK (why it's quoted to look like it, I don't know) and was third hand summarization before it was written out.

just fyi

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9 times out of 10, the first words out of your mouth are usually the truth. Cyrus may want to come to Auburn, and he may still, but his parents need to be on board also. Maybe they don't know anything about Auburn. They are about to send their baby boy out of state for four years. They need to be sure he will be taken care of. With that said, this all sux. War Eagle.   ;D

By the way, even without Cyrus, we are still top ten in recruiting this year! No worries. WE!

I can't figure out how you announce what you are gonna do in front of the entire country before you are sure...

I heard someone else on this thread say his parents are gonna come to AU with him fora visit, so hopefully they will all be "All in" afterward.

I've said it several times....several recruits committing to schools other than bama have reported that bama beat writers and bama media members are putting extreme pressure on these prospects trying to sway them before they signed their LOI's today.

This is a problem.  Like national elections, no campaigning within so many feet is prohibited.  There is no rule for college recruiting.  But the only people allowed to recruit anyways are the coaches, so this is a problem.

This is FAR different than Brent Calloway.

For one thing, CK said his heart is in AU, and seemed more comfortable talking about the Auburn team than the stuff with his brother. Maybe those comments really affected him and his parents and they need some time to chill. Family might be HUGE for them (SO WHY NOT SELL HIM ON OUR GREAT FAMILY?}

With Calloway...didn't his flip seem very sudden? And also, with such a combustible situation over in Russellville I think it was best for BC to go back to Bama, for his own sake. He might have been exiled from his family or from the city for picking Auburn.

Back to CK.

Because of that (that CK wants to be here), I think our staff will go after him AND his parents.

Plus, they moved from Cameroon to the states in order to get a better education and better opportunities for the family. They might do stuff differently than we do. DOES NOT mean we walk all over the parents, a la BC.

He would be a huge pick-up. But he does not make or break the class. We already have some great guys here at AU, and will continue to in the future, starting with these 24. (PLUS, we have some spots open for 2012! STUDS!)

All this to say,

Chillout-man.jpg?imageSize=Large&generatorName=Stoner-Dog

I can't figure out how you announce what you are gonna do in front of the entire country before you are sure...

I heard someone else on this thread say his parents are gonna come to AU with him fora visit, so hopefully they will all be "All in" afterward.

Don't understand this.  Why not let your son live his life and respect his decision?  He's had months if not years to prepare for this moment and it's not easy for him.  

For those who didn't see the video, here it is.  By far the most akward interview ever.  It sounds like he has no choice but to go where his parents want him to go.  Sad.

http://auburn.scout.com/2/1045274.html

it didnt come as a shock to his parents when he picked auburn. why would your parents not be involved or know about one of th biggest decisions in your life.

what came as a shock to them was alabama's coaches reactions afterwards.

i think they threatened arie in a football way and will take it out on him if his brother doesnt sign there

i know auburn entered the picture later in the recruitment of bug c. but my veiw is he has had plenty of time to consider uat and if a weekend at auburn changed his mind he was not totally sold on the turds. i am not going to pretend i know what happened but if he has good parents that support him for what is best for him, then in a day or two he will sign with the good guys. my point is i give his parents the benefit of the doubt no matter how fishy this looks.

MY son has a friend that his son signed with us today . He has known for a long time where he wanted to go and never waivered, but that is him. Im so thankful that he made his annoucement without any drama and signed on the dotted line and sent in  his LOI. Dont ask my any names cause I wont put it out on here, but he's a good kid from a good family and be will exciting to watch on the field..No drama with this kid or his family.

i think they threatened arie in a football way and will take it out on him if his brother doesnt sign there

dont think that it didnt happen!

i know auburn entered the picture later in the recruitment of bug c. but my veiw is he has had plenty of time to consider uat and if a weekend at auburn changed his mind he was not totally sold on the turds. i am not going to pretend i know what happened but if he has good parents that support him for what is best for him, then in a day or two he will sign with the good guys. my point is i give his parents the benefit of the doubt no matter how fishy this looks.

In the interview from another site, his dad said, "It would have been better if he joined his brother."  Couldn't believe that.

For all the people out there critizing CK, give him a break and let's see how this plays out. It's as if none of you all have ever made a tough decision in your life and had second thoughts about it. This PAST weekend was this first time he has been to Auburn (at least to my knowledge) and his parents have never been to Auburn. He was probably planning on going to Bama and Auburn really gave him something to think about. Kind of like having two great job offers and not knowing for sure which one you want. Perhaps he should have waited to announce, but hey, he didn't. While I do agree that something may be up with Bama's tactics, let's let this play out and cross that bridge when (and if) we get there. He seems like a very good person along with being a great football player.

Its clear what has happened here. The kid wants to go to Auburn. Bama coaches thought he was coming their way for a long time. Saban and Co. called his parents. CK's parents know the Bama coaches well. CK's parents DONT know the AU coaches well (if at all). Unless his parents come meet the coaches or vice versa, he's going to Bama.

Media and press members are no different than recruiters. Something needs to be done.

False. MANY recruiters are VERY talented.

I haven't seen a talented media "personality" or "journalist" in years........and I'm in the business

:)

Archived