CK update

BadrabbitAU

In all honesty, if we can't take a man on his word, then it may be better if he goes elsewhere. I don't see why he's having to draw this out even longer. He's well aware of this whole recruiting process, and has been for several months now. I can't stand this years recruiting...

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sick of all of this. I understand wanting to win, but letting this guy get ripped in 2 directions of ridiculous. If Chiz wants to make an impression, he should tell the kid he is not going to let him go through this any more. A simple we want you here, but we aren't gonna let you get beat down from both sides, so it's best we move on.

I respectfully disagree with you.  We shouldn't 'move on'.  I understand that you don't like loose ends, but your sanity can wait.  

It's cool to disagree, but it's not just a matter of loose ends or my sanity. Have we really won if Cyrus comes here, but the people closest to him don't support his decision? Would he be at his best if he came here basically on an island from his family? Just saying at some point we lose either way.

OK - I will say it. How can anyone think CK is going to go to AU after what just happened TODAY to Brent Calloway? We have all seen this play out. This is no different. SAME STORY.

Kid likes Uat. Kid visits AU. Kid decides to play for AU and commits to AU. Parents are not happy with the decision. Kid changes mind.

He is not going to AU. Yes this is my opinion and I will remain hopefull but come on - we all know how the game ends. No matter how many times Oregon wants Wes to miss the FG, he still hits it.

I thought there was no way he was going to commit to us in the first place. I was floored today. But I am not floored that this has happened.

The difference is Brent grew up a Bama fan and was only coming here because he wanted to play RB.  I'm sorry but most kids that grow up major Auburn fans are not going to go to Bama unless there are MAJOR extenuating circumstances.  So little nicky says Brent can have a shot at RB and he gets to go live the dream he's probably had since he was a kid.  I honestly hold no ill will towards Brent for that.  However neither Cyrus nor his family were brought up with this rivalry and don't have the rabid allegiances that we have.

OK - I will say it. How can anyone think CK is going to go to AU after what just happened TODAY to Brent Calloway? We have all seen this play out. This is no different. SAME STORY.

Kid likes Uat. Kid visits AU. Kid decides to play for AU and commits to AU. Parents are not happy with the decision. Kid changes mind.

He is not going to AU. Yes this is my opinion and I will remain hopefull but come on - we all know how the game ends. No matter how many times Oregon wants Wes to miss the FG, he still hits it.

I thought there was no way he was going to commit to us in the first place. I was floored today. But I am not floored that this has happened.

So you admit you've been wrong before?

I'm starting to think the Iron Bowl needs a 30 year timeout. 

Ha!   funny but not funny

I'm not joking.  The rivalry is really heated right now.

I'm starting to think the Iron Bowl needs a 30 year timeout. 

Ha!   funny but not funny

I'm not joking.  The rivalry is really heated right now.

In my 30 years i have never seen it so heated or nasty.

After watching the interview I believe that his parents are pressuring him...

They're pressuring him to be certain about his decision, and that's not a bad thing. He should be certain before he signs on the dotted line, at least to the degree that he could live with the decision. Sadly, I don't think he's there yet and his parents are only protecting him from making a rash decision. I'd do the same for my child.

The Calloway situation? That's different. We'll leave it at that.

I think the CK's parents would be good with AU if they had more info and if Cyrus was certain about his decision.

Let's hope that the coaches can talk with him and his family and He signs his LOI to AU!

The School of Architecture will bring him in.

No decent parent alive can go against there child's professional dreams and sleep at night.

I believe.

WAR EAGLE CK!  COME ON DOWN AND JOIN THE FAMILY.  WE ARE ALL IN FOR YOU!

I'm sick of all of this. I understand wanting to win, but letting this guy get ripped in 2 directions of ridiculous. If Chiz wants to make an impression, he should tell the kid he is not going to let him go through this any more. A simple we want you here, but we aren't gonna let you get beat down from both sides, so it's best we move on.

I respectfully disagree with you.  We shouldn't 'move on'.  I understand that you don't like loose ends, but your sanity can wait.  

It's cool to disagree, but it's not just a matter of loose ends or my sanity. Have we really won if Cyrus comes here, but the people closest to him don't support his decision? Would he be at his best if he came here basically on an island from his family? Just saying at some point we lose either way.

Or the family changes their mind...keep seeing that the parents needed to visit before the signs.

This is just my speculation, but I wondered if CK's parents let him come to AU thinking he'll follow his brother to Bama and not worry about it. Mom apparently is sold; dad isn't. (Good thing this is his biological mom and dad too.) He comes back, makes up his mind to come to AU, mom loves it, dad doesn't, BUT IS OPEN TO CHANGING HIS MIND.

Let's just see how this plays out. We waited months for today, a few days isn't too bad for just one guy.

Besides, this is one heck of a class anyway.

:tdau:

:wareagle:

I'd be more worried about a player coming to AU who was pressured by his family to come and really wanted to go elsewhere.  

Yes, we hafve. It's where he wanted to go, not where others wanted him to go. I want Cyrus to go where he wants to go and that definitely seems like Auburn from what you saw. I hope wherever he chooses he is happy but I especially hope that place of happiness is Auburn.

Somethings not right here. He talked about bonding with the players at the UAG and spoke alot about AU this wasnt him just blurting out the name of a school.

Sorry if I missed this, but what are the next steps for our coaches and Cyrus?  Are they allowed to talk with him?  Are the bammer coaches allowed to contact him?

The glaring issue that I have not seen mentioned anywhere is "What type of precedent is being set today?".  Next year, will colleges have coaches/boosters/school media invade every top recruit's press conference, waiting to pounce on the kid if he doesn't pick up their school's hat?  

What bammer has done today sets a new low for that program and all involved with it.  We all know the shady things that have gone on over the years, but just this year we have witnessed some new lows.  Examples are the upgrades that were paid for on bammer's dime to the school that just happened to have two of the top recruits in the country, both of whom happened to end up at bammer.  I mean, did bammer really need a freshly painted and remodeled locker room to practice there for a week?  The personal attacks on Brent Calloway were a painful reminder of what that school is all about, and that their fanbase is 2nd to none in the classless department.

I truly hope Cyrus joins the AU Family, but if he doesn't, hopefully he will have a great career, and a front row seat to the NCAA hellfire that is going to rain down on Turd Town.  

War Eagle!

From what is being reported, I don't think his parents are an issue.  It seems that he discussed the decision with them beforehand.  He added us as a favorite late in the game, and this is a huge deal, so if he is nervous, he has every right to be.  Cyrus needs some space, and wherever he ends up, hopefully he will do well (unless that includes time on the field against us).

People need to start talking about "who is to blame". Chill out. Let the kid take a breath and make the right decision. It seems pretty clear to me that he is taking this decision seriously, and that it is a very close call. Good for him, it's his life, not ours. There is no one to blame here. If I saw Cyrus right now, I'd tell him that we'd love to have him, but only if he is committed to being an Auburn Tiger.

And remember, rumors are poison...

War Eagle

Its getting down right ugly and this is not who we are at AUBURN.. WE  have a great class and would love to have Cyrus, but remember.. everything happens for a reason. If its meant to be for him to play for us, then he will be an AUBURN TIGER, if not, remember hes  a kid, again with a family that may not be on board for whatever reason with his decision, and lets wish him the best and show the class that we are so proud to have and move on. WE have signed some great players that have a lot of heart and really want to be here and that to me is very special. Let's celebrate the ones we signed today that have shown they want to be here , congratulate them and look to the future. ITS GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER !!WELCOME TO THE AUBURN FAMILY !!!

He is a great kid. A few weeks ago we had no chance of signing him. His brother goes to the other school and his Dad probably wants them to play together. Brother can't transfer to Auburn without loosing a year of eligibility so dad wants youngest to Bama. Son wants Aubbrn our University and our coaches sold him on us.

He is a good kid not a spoiled brat so he will listen to his dad. His dad is not a bad man so they will talk tonight. Family may decide to visit Auburn before making a final decision or maybe after talking on it tonight and sleeping on it they will decide tommorow.  I hope he comes here because he is a great player and because he is a great kid. If he does I will celebrate if he doesn't I wish him the best of luck.

With him we turn a great class into an unbeleivable class without him we still have a great class that addressed all of our needs.

With what we have already signed we are already in a WIN win position. If we keep him it is icing on the cake.

SIAP: A free Scout article:

Kristen Kenney covered the event at DeMatha Catholic for Scout.com. Moments after the announcement, she posted that Cyrus had not signed his letter of intent and “has serious doubts about choosing Auburn. His family has doubts.”

Later she reported to Andrew Bone of Scout.com that Kouandjio told her, “I feel like I may have made the wrong choice.” She predicted that he would not sign today, that he “may take a few days to rethink his decision and then sign.”

It still is possible that Kouandjio could choose Auburn in this bizarre situation.

Shouldn't matter where the kid wants to go. All that matters is where his family wants him to go. I mean he couldn't ever be happy with his own decisions right? I got ya.

I believe when it is all said and done, He will be in Orange and Blue and part of the family.   I think his heart is at Auburn, but he has some internal doubts.  I think he comes around and sends in his LOI.

War Eagle!

:wedance:

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist but I definitely believe there is something here.  In ESPN's interview with Cyrus, he stated that he discussed with his family and AU is where his heart is.  But according to to Kristen Kenney he told her something entirely different.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1045274.html

http://www.ibleedcrimsonred.com/2011/02/alabama-cleaning-up-on-national-signing.html

The second thread is Andrew Bones comment after talking to Kristen.

My conspiracy theory is that Kristen is being manipulated by our buddy Thayer.  Sorry only evidence is that they both work for Fox Sports.  Thayer is still ticked that we won it all after all his work to bring us down.  What better way than signing day with one of the top prospects.

It doesn't make sense that two news organizations (and I use that term loosely) do interviews with Cyrus with the exact opposite results. 

What is that i smell???  It's not Bigbird this time........

Archived