CK update

BadrabbitAU

Unfortunately, I feel this all comes down to what his parents decide. If they try to force him to Bama then he goes to Bama. If they allow him to go where he really wants to go then its AU.

I hate to hear all these people suggest that our coaches should pull his offer, because this kid really does want to come to AU. Things just aren't always as easy as we would like to think they are.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after reading the espn interview, I like where Auburn stands.

I wonder at what time their interview was in comparison to Scout's.

After watching the interview I believe that his parents are pressuring him...

They're pressuring him to be certain about his decision, and that's not a bad thing. He should be certain before he signs on the dotted line, at least to the degree that he could live with the decision. Sadly, I don't think he's there yet and his parents are only protecting him from making a rash decision. I'd do the same for my child.

The Calloway situation? That's different. We'll leave it at that.

I think the CK's parents would be good with AU if they had more info and if Cyrus was certain about his decision.

Let's hope that the coaches can talk with him and his family and He signs his LOI to AU!

I, as a parent just cannot wrap my hands around not respecting what my child wants to do for his college career. I mean, it is not like he said "ah heck with college, I am going to become a truck driver." And for the record, my father is a truck driver so I do not mean that as an insult either. I bleed orange and blue, but if and when the times comes and my kids tell me they choose an archival school I will respect their decision.

But I can say, if all the parents need to see is that the AU coaching staff will take care of their boy like they feel the UA staff does their other one, I can relax. I just feel that parents need to be more supportive of their kids decision. Again, your child is still going to a D1 university-not to sweep floors.

"It was lot of thinking to get to this result," Kouandjio said. "I talked to my brother a lot. He told me to go where your heart takes you to go. I love all the coaches at Alabama, but my heart told me to go to Auburn."

It seems pretty simple to me.

No matter what happens with this kid i am very,very, happy with this class and i can't wait till spring pratice this is and excellent class this coaching staff is the best in the SEC. :hellyeah::bananadance:

I really just can't believe his father's comments in the interview on Scout..

Why? If I were his parents, I too would probably be more comfortable with my other son going to Alabama considering his brother plays there and they know the coaches. Chizik, Malzahn and Grimes need to get on the AU jet and go visit his parent tonight.

The parents need to make a visit and meet the coaches. It isn't the kid's fault. That's why I don't think we're going to stop pursuing him.

Why? If I were his parents, I too would probably be more comfortable with my other son going to Alabama considering his brother plays there and they know the coaches. Chizik, Malzahn and Grimes need to get on the AU jet and go visit his parent tonight.

Saying that after he made a commitment though?

And get spanked by the NCAA in recruiting violations?  I think they will not.

This thread is out of hand. Rumors flying around. Blame being placed all over the place.

Why do you all need someone to blame? Why has this thread turned into TMZ? This isn't the tabloids, folks, this is a kid's future we're talking about. Give it a break.

And to all of ya'll talking about money, you know who you sound like...don't be irrational.

This is an Auburn board right?

Saying that after he made a commitment though?

I think it's pretty clear he wasn't ready to commit. They need to come down to Auburn and visit. Hopefully, that will happen.

ok some of you sound like little school girls arguing to be 1st in line and to others that are talking about this guys parents that its just as bad as talking bad about the recruit....like ive said before these are 17 year olds making a 4 year commitment....wether him and his parents are in disagreement doesnt concern us only them

Ive been at school...somebody PLEASE fill me in on whats going on!

Cyrus committed to us on TV but his parents want him to go to Bama so he never sent in his LOI

Ya'll just don't understand.  You've got to think of CK's future.  Now repeat after Saban: "If he has the ability to go to the NFL, he must go to bammer.  AU can't put an OL in the NFL; it hasn't even had a good OL in the last hundred years.  Only bammer can get an OL to the NFL."

Oh, he wants to study architecture, repeat after Saban:  "If he wants to be an architect he must go to bammer; we have a great architecture school (I am going to fund it next year).  AU's architecture program is horrible.  All they learn to do is build barns (ha, ha, ha, ha).   Only bammer is good at architecture."  

Now sign on the dotted line and fax the letter to 205-turddom.

Archived