CK update

BadrabbitAU

Ive been at school...somebody PLEASE fill me in on whats going on!

A recruit that was choosing between Auburn and Alabama initially chose Auburn but now he is rethinking his decision.

And its not Brent Calloway.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kouandjio announced he would attend Auburn on National TV before he told his parents...needless to say everyone was shocked, and in an interview, his dad flat out said they would rather him got to Bama because his bro is there and they know the coaches. He has backed off the commit, not sent in his LOI, and nobody knows what on earth is going on now.

Cyrus committed to us on TV but his parents want him to go to Bama so he never sent in his LOI

So...when will we know something? I had a teacher tell me at school that his parents werent going to sign his LOI because they want him at Bama, not sure if this is true though.

Guest War Eagle 29

Well, it has been another good day to be an Auburn Tiger. Several talented young men who wanted to become members of the Auburn Family signed their LOI's to do so today. I am proud to welcome every one of them to the our special family. I look forward to witnessing them demonstrate their talents on many fall football Saturdays over the next few years.

Those with rival accounts read this.  Just came out I think.

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1184493

what's it say?

Per mod rules, summarize it.

The writer pretty much asked CK why he didn't fax LOI to AU and CK said he may not be 100% sure.  CK said he will have to talk it over with partents tonight.  CK said he would love to play beside his brother.  The writer talked to him on the phone and told him to make best decision for him, not anyone else.  

Brent Calloway part deux.  Or, if you missed that also, think Lattimore part trois.

My God, let the kid go where he wants!

lol it might be time for a new sig

and these "claims" are no doubt only coming from one side, everyone read with discretion

haha well my last sig had Brent Calloway in it....so I had to find another one.lol

Put Chizik, Trooper, Grimes, Thigpen, Rocker and Luper in a room with his parents and let them get to know each other, the program and the university.   Have the parents take a look at the gorgeous campus and get up to speed on the Auburn architecture program.  

If you sit back and watch the interview of Cyrus and his family, you can tell what is going on. His family just wants what is best for their son. They have not visited Auburn, and they are obviously nervous about the decision. They know Alabama, they know the coaching staff, but know nothing about Auburn except what you read on the internet. He just visited four days ago. Hopefully he can get his family down this weekend for a visit and they can see how wonderful Auburn is. They want what is best for their son.

I think this is totally different situation that the BC and Hart kids where their was some obvious shady dealings going on. If the REC and Bama does not get to Cyrus family before he can visit Auburn, I think he will still commit to Auburn. I can only imagine the pressure and intimidation that his brother Arie is going through right now. Let keep the whole family in our prayers.

By the way, do not lose sight of the fact that we just had a great recruiting class that met many of our needs. We are going to be a force to be reckoned with for years. It is great to be an Auburn Tiger!

Ya'll just don't understand.  You've got to think of CK's future.  Now repeat after Saban: "If he has the ability to go to the NFL, he must go to bammer.  AU can't put an OL in the NFL; it hasn't even had a good OL in the last hundred years.  Only bammer can get an OL to the NFL."

Oh, he wants to study architecture, repeat after Saban:  "If he wants to be an architect he must go to bammer; we have a great architecture school (I am going to fund it next year).  AU's architecture program is horrible.  All they learn to do is build barns (ha, ha, ha, ha).   Only bammer is good at architecture."  

Now sign on the dotted line and fax the letter to 205-turddom.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4Y-Rmffg6j-FwslKNIvzMuKlv_-rONg_o2_OGSl34nEr5NZM5

I get back from 2 miserable tests and I have to hear THIS shiz?!  I CAN'T FREAKING TAKE IT! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :beatmullet: :beatmullet: :beatmullet: :beatmullet: :beatmullet: :beatmullet: :beatmullet: :beatmullet: :beatmullet: :beatmullet: :beatmullet: :beatmullet:

Cyrus committed to us on TV but his parents want him to go to Bama so he never sent in his LOI

So...when will we know something? I had a teacher tell me at school that his parents werent going to sign his LOI because they want him at Bama, not sure if this is true though.

He said he is just going to wait it out and think about it. But his Dad straight up said in an interview that he wants him with his brother at Bama.

Well, it has been another good day to be an Auburn Tiger. Several talented young men who wanted to become members of the Auburn Family signed their LOI's to do so today. I am proud to welcome every one of them to the our special family. I look forward to witnessing them demonstrate their talents on many fall football Saturdays over the next few years.

After watching the vid, it's pretty clear, he wasn't ready to make the decision. I think this is in part because the parents (particularly his dad) thought this was all a done deal. Hence, they didn't go with him to visit us. Cyrus comes back excited about AU. Confusion ensues. The dad wants him to go to bama where his brother is; however, it seems he does so just because it would be easier for Cyrus. Cyrus wants to be his own man though. His bro seems to udnerstand that but the father doesn't. Best thing to do is to announce a week from now, and have mom and dad visit AU in the meantime. I don't see this situation like BC. I think Cyrus' indecision opened the door.

Those with rival accounts read this.  Just came out I think.

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1184493

what's it say?

Per mod rules, summarize it.

The writer pretty much asked CK why he didn't fax LOI to AU and CK said he may not be 100% sure.  CK said he will have to talk it over with partents tonight.  CK said he would love to play beside his brother.  The writer talked to him on the phone and told him to make best decision for him, not anyone else.  

After I typed all this, it wasn't the interviewer saying all this, it was actually his HS coach telling him to go with his heart and to be straight with CGC and staff of what is going on.  Sorry.

agree he should visit again with his parents. i got that from the video that he is very stressed and worried but he did choose auburn so that is good. he just needs his parents the see the campus and meet the staff and they should give their blessing. i still think we got him.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Please help these young men and their families.  Grant them wisdom and peace.  Strengthen them together and allow us to show grace even as you've shown grace to us.  Help those that work with them to be pure in motive and heart, honest and true.  And as they start their collegiate and athletic endeavors, let them find good friends, help them achieve academically, keep them safe from injury.  

As in all things, I put you first.  

In Jesus Name

If you sit back and watch the interview of Cyrus and his family, you can tell what is going on. His family just wants what is best for their son. They have not visited Auburn, and they are obviously nervous about the decision. They know Alabama, they know the coaching staff, but know nothing about Auburn except what you read on the internet. He just visited four days ago. Hopefully he can get his family down this weekend for a visit and they can see how wonderful Auburn is. They want what is best for their son.

I think this is totally different situation that the BC and Hart kids where their was some obvious shady dealings going on. If the REC and Bama does not get to Cyrus family before he can visit Auburn, I think he will still commit to Auburn. I can only imagine the pressure and intimidation that his brother Arie is going through right now. Let keep the whole family in our prayers.

By the way, do not lose sight of the fact that we just had a great recruiting class that met many of our needs. We are going to be a force to be reckoned with for years. It is great to be an Auburn Tiger!

How could caring parents possibly think that saban is the kind of person you would want mentoring your kids? His record on the field may be good but off the field he is one of the worst people coaching. He uses a kid, fills them with lies and toss them out like trash when he finds another to mess with. You don't see players talking about how bad their coach is anywhere else not even iowa. If they want to know more about Auburn fine but they need to learn about nickie too.

Maybe there is a reason why couples have to sign a marriage agreement BEFORE the ceremony.  Sounds like Cyrus met the love of his life, but his parents haven't met her yet.  This gal is from another part of the country and it would be much easier if Cy just married his brother's wife's sister because they already know her parents.

Great post!!!!And people, please don't post on his facebook page.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Please help these young men and their families.  Grant them wisdom and peace.  Strengthen them together and allow us to show grace even as you've shown grace to us.  Help those that work with them to be pure in motive and heart, honest and true.  And as they start their collegiate and athletic endeavors, let them find good friends, help them achieve academically, keep them safe from injury.  

As in all things, I put you first.  

In Jesus Name

Amen Brother!!

Maybe there is a reason why couples have to sign a marriage agreement BEFORE the ceremony.  Spounds like Cyrus met the love of his life, but his parents haven't met her yet.  This gal is from another part of the country and it would be much easier if Cy just married his brother's sister because they already know her parents.

^Like^ That's all.

Archived