CK update

BadrabbitAU

Was Arle K. a hotly recruited player coming out of high school? I think a lot of folks felt that Nicky's signing of Arle was to ensure that he would get Cyrus. I'm not saying or meaning to infer that Arle is not a good player, but wasn't his signing supposed to be the guarantee that Cyrus would follow? All year everyone has been saying that Cyrus was a Bama lock, and today he opened that lock and named AU as the college he wanted to attend. The reaction among the crowd was not overwhelming by any stretch (like it was at Region's announcement several months ago) but, and I guess some on here will jump me for this, I believe there's something going on here and someone associated with the University of Alabama is at the center of this so-called "confusion."

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said before, if he aint signing with us today, he aint comin period.

^^THIS^^ x1000 :banghead:

DUDE, Do you HAVE to be so negative?!?!?!?!

just being realistic. But it's whatever; we've still got a class other programs would kill to have.

BTW cameron clear who signed w/tenn. said the bammer media tried to turn him at the last second..........

They have done lot's of dirty things this week and I won't go into everything here, but I have heard from two good sources they have been turned in to the NCAA for things they have done this week.

Mayor, are the "they" you're referencing members of the Bama press of people/staff directly associated with the Bama program?  I won't press on the specific issues you've heard but not knowing if its press or staff that's been turned in will drive me nuts.  Thanks

You already know the answer...D. All the above.

Tweet from his brother right after the announcement:

Ariekouandjio

My brother before I even played football so congrats bro. Make you pay for it later though lil bro ;). Much love!

about 2 hours ago via txt

Retweeted by AuburnEagle and 94 others

Sounds like he should listen to his brother instead of those who don't even know him trying to sway him one way or another.

I heard Saban said he was going to cut his brother if Cyrus doesnt sign with Bama. This true???

If he cuts his brother then the NCAA needs to force Bama to fire him and nail any school that tries to hire him.

please tell me everyone here is smarter than to believe that.

I guess Jeff Lee isnt smarter than that then

Nick Saban is being accused of underhanded recruiting tactics in obtaining a commitment of Cyrus Kouandjio. He is trying to get his parents to not sign the letter of commitment he is also going to release his brother if he signs.

If Saban threatened to release Arie because of Cyrus choosing AU, their parents would see Saban's true colors and pull him out of school so fast it would make Nick's head spin. Underhanded recruiting tactics? Maybe. Releasing Arie because of Cyrus? Ridiculous.

regardless of where he signs, this whole situation and the one with Calloway is pretty freaking disgusting.

It is big-time recruiting at its ugliest....

If Saban threatened to release Arie because of Cyrus choosing AU, their parents would see Saban's true colors and pull him out of school so fast it would make Nick's head spin. Underhanded recruiting tactics? Maybe. Releasing Arie because of Cyrus? Ridiculous.

I highly doubt any of that.

At least Saban (aka  :devil: ) and BC's adopted dad agree that Cyrus should honor his verbal commitment.  They are both on record of saying that a comittment is a man's word to play for that team and it should be honored.  I'm glad they're both on our side with this one.....  :dunno:

BTW cameron clear who signed w/tenn. said the bammer media tried to turn him at the last second..........

They have done lot's of dirty things this week and I won't go into everything here, but I have heard from two good sources they have been turned in to the NCAA for things they have done this week.

Mayor, are the "they" you're referencing members of the Bama press of people/staff directly associated with the Bama program?  I won't press on the specific issues you've heard but not knowing if its press or staff that's been turned in will drive me nuts.  Thanks

You already know the answer...D. All the above.

I figured as much but unlike some of the people on hear today I don't want to start talking about things as fact when I am simply making an inference based off something someone else said.

Thanks for the info and clarification.

At least Saban (aka  :devil: ) and BC's adopted dad agree that Cyrus should honor his verbal commitment.  They are both on record of saying that a comittment is a man's word to play for that team and it should be honored.  I'm glad they're both on our side with this one.....  :dunno:

Haha that rule only applies when you're committed to bama :P

Exactly!  That kind of stuff would get out and hurt Saban in future recruiting.

For those saying the commitment was sketchy, notice how his speech patterns picks up when talking about the other AU OL recruits.  Once he hit a topic he was comfortable talking about, his nervousness dropped considerably.

Something like that could cost him his job. It won't happen.

Seems very stoic. Probably doesn't wear his emotions on his sleeve.

Actually I have reached an age where something that once would have worked me up just serves to entertain.  I guess it comes from a career littered with "awards" and "recognitions" and at some point I've fooled myself into thinking that I have some insight into building successful teams.  

So many factors go into an individual's success.  Raw talent is one of them and depending on the need, it may not even the most important.  Sometimes it is largely dependent on the environment they are placed.  I have seen some really gifted individuals who never came close to their potential.  When I hire, I quit looking for those 5* resumes a long time ago.  There is an attitude to success, an understanding of what it take to accomplish and the drive and infrastructure to achieve.  I'm not so sure I want the kid who's living the dream more than the kid who's trying to achieve his dream.  A subtle but remarkable difference.  At least with the latter I've got a little more fight, some attitude, something to prove, a goal to get better.  

For a long time I was a closer.  I would go into projects that were at near disaster and have to recover them.  Private and fed, military and civilian.  (I no longer do that, too much stress.)  Every now and again it took a remarkable effort to do something special.  There were times I've had to coordinate a push to finish something and the guys who there when it counted and were all in are the ones who made it happen.  And the surprises were the ones who rose above their station.  The overachievers.  I always celebrated those guys.  

So no, I don't sweat it anymore.  The sun came up today and I'll give you 200 to 1 it'll come up tomorrow.  I'm just happy to be alive.

If it was the Bama media harrassing him at the announcment then the schools need to step in to stop this crap from happening. I know how bama fans are and the media who are fans are just as bad.

I just got a tweet saying, Ronnie Sanders from AU Undercover saying parents were not happy with his decision and bama coaches are talking to him this afternoon.

I heard something to this effect on Fbomb also.

regardless they are representatives of Alabama

Bama press isn't associated with the school and wouldn't be looked at the same way as far as NCAA violations go unless it could be proven that they were acting on the behest of the staff/school.  

You should talk to Cameron Clear.

Was Arle K. a hotly recruited player coming out of high school? I think a lot of folks felt that Nicky's signing of Arle was to ensure that he would get Cyrus. I'm not saying or meaning to infer that Arle is not a good player, but wasn't his signing supposed to be the guarantee that Cyrus would follow? All year everyone has been saying that Cyrus was a Bama lock, and today he opened that lock and named AU as the college he wanted to attend. The reaction among the crowd was not overwhelming by any stretch (like it was at Region's announcement several months ago) but, and I guess some on here will jump me for this, I believe there's something going on here and someone associated with the University of Alabama is at the center of this so-called "confusion."

Arie was a 4 star, pretty big recruit but like Cyrus, very quiet.

Something like that could cost him his job. It won't happen.

Not if he's going to the Titans next week.

For those saying the commitment was sketchy, notice how his speech patterns picks up when talking about the other AU OL recruits.  Once he hit a topic he was comfortable talking about, his nervousness dropped considerably.

Not sketchy just not natural and felt very methodical or machine like.  Just doesn't sit well without any emotion or real enthusiasm.

Is that it didn't seem natural at all.  No smiles I recall and no applause or anything.  Felt very uncomfortable to watch.  I'm not one to jump on conspiracy theories, but I feel like he is deeply troubled trying to sort things out and that is all. 

WHAT? NO APPLAUSE? I about exploded with applause... in fact, my wife came in and asked if I was ok.....

Archived