CK update

BadrabbitAU

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sick of all of this. I understand wanting to win, but letting this guy get ripped in 2 directions of ridiculous. If Chiz wants to make an impression, he should tell the kid he is not going to let him go through this any more. A simple we want you here, but we aren't gonna let you get beat down from both sides, so it's best we move on.

I just got in on the tail-end of this report on ESPN, but apparently he has "decommitted" from AU, but has not committed to anyone else at this time. Apparently AU is still in the mix for his signature. I'm beginning to think Chizik ought to go ahead and pull the scholarship offer from him and just let him go to Bama. His announcement to AU earlier today should not have been a surprise to anyone. Tom Luginbill predicted this several days ago. He came on a recruiting visit this past weekend, and either one of both of his parents could have accompanied him, but for whatever reason they didn't. His brother tweeted him that they were brothers before football and would be afterwards, but would be meeting each other on the playing field. This stinks!!!!

ESPN just said "they" no longer consider him a commit.  Earlier in the report they said CK has not decommitted but by not signing his LOI today they will not consider him a commit, neither will Rivals.

Like I said before, if he aint signing with us today, he aint comin period.

why do you keep saying that? are the coaches dropping him as an option if it's not done by today?

He honestly has no clue.

Whew....I'm glad someone finally said it. I thought I was going to have to.

ST retweeted today that at least on Rivals, commitments are removed if they do not sign on NSD due to the new Seantrel Henderson rule...

I just got in on the tail-end of this report on ESPN, but apparently he has "decommitted" from AU, but has not committed to anyone else at this time. Apparently AU is still in the mix for his signature. I'm beginning to think Chizik ought to go ahead and pull the scholarship offer from him and just let him go to Bama. His announcement to AU earlier today should not have been a surprise to anyone. Tom Luginbill predicted this several days ago. He came on a recruiting visit this past weekend, and either one of both of his parents could have accompanied him, but for whatever reason they didn't. His brother tweeted him that they were brothers before football and would be afterwards, but would be meeting each other on the playing field. This stinks!!!!

you think they should pull his scholarship offer?  You understand that today was NSD and there isn't anyone to offer the scholarship to, correct?  This guy will be a huge get for whomever he signs with.  We either get his LOI or save the spot for next year I would think.  

Probably so it doesn't effect the ESPN Team Rankings, because I am not sure that they will update them after tomorrow.  

On a side note, there are way to many CK threads...  Why can't we all just keep it in one place, because generally, they all say the same thing as the original post about CK...

I'm beginning to think Chizik ought to go ahead and pull the scholarship offer from him and just let him go to Bama.

Do you have any other suggestions for Chizik?  Please share them with us.

you think they should pull his scholarship?  You understand that today was NSD and there isn't anyone to offer the scholarship to, correct?  This guy will be a huge get for whomever he signs with.  We either get his LOI or save the spot for next year I would think.  

I completely understand that the scholly, if pulled, would go unused this year. But, if he ends up with Bama or New Mexico, AU won't be using it anyway, will they? What about Calloway's scholarship? That's another one AU won't be able to use this year as well. Yes, he will be a huge get for whomever, but, unless CGC and the staff really feel they can sign him in the end, then I say pull it and hold it for next year. Enough with these mess.

Did his parents come with him on his OV? They did not seem pleased in that interview.

This is getting a little out of control.  "Big time college recruiting" as some put it, but a kid's future no longer seems to be his own anymore.  Frustration.  :banghead:

I'm beginning to think Chizik ought to go ahead and pull the scholarship offer from him and just let him go to Bama.

I agree with him. At some point AU loses either way. They can either lose out on him because he switches to bammer or we sign him, but he has no parental support. Time to move on..

Realize that Bammers are starting to question if Nicky is really Bear or a want a be. While we all know that he have broke many NCAA rule and not call on the carpet for them, his time will come and they will fall hard for it. I am like many who believe this might be his last ho rah and is not concerned if he get caught like Pete Carroll. He has not been at any school more than five years. We may lose out on this recruit but we have one hell of class coming in and a lot great returners. We will be fine, let not stoop as low as the Bammers.

I'm sick of all of this. I understand wanting to win, but letting this guy get ripped in 2 directions of ridiculous. If Chiz wants to make an impression, he should tell the kid he is not going to let him go through this any more. A simple we want you here, but we aren't gonna let you get beat down from both sides, so it's best we move on.

I respectfully disagree with you.  We shouldn't 'move on'.  I understand that you don't like loose ends, but your sanity can wait.  

Nope, sure don't. What would you suggest?

WTF is all i can say. I know our class this year is great and builds upon last years great class and on-field success. However, am i alone in saying that this whole episode along with BC today is leaving an awful taste in my mouth? Its like going to the club and leaving with one of the hottest chicks but there was one chick that was even hotter that said she leaving with you, wanted to leave with you, but her ugly freind blocked her from leaving with you.

CK even refernced the other guys he played with at the UA allstar game and referenced their bond in his announcement. Then, all of a sudden everything changes two minutes later? Sounds like there is an ugly freind at work here............

Oh well, you hit the field with whoever is wearing Auburn colors and supporting those colors. Everyone else is just the enemy at that point.

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!! :wareagle:

OK - I will say it. How can anyone think CK is going to go to AU after what just happened TODAY to Brent Calloway? We have all seen this play out. This is no different. SAME STORY.

Kid likes Uat. Kid visits AU. Kid decides to play for AU and commits to AU. Parents are not happy with the decision. Kid changes mind.

He is not going to AU. Yes this is my opinion and I will remain hopefull but come on - we all know how the game ends. No matter how many times Oregon wants Wes to miss the FG, he still hits it.

I thought there was no way he was going to commit to us in the first place. I was floored today. But I am not floored that this has happened.

No reason to be dragged a long if he in fact has no intention of signing with us.  Chizik can cut ties which he did with Roberson and wish him well.  

As Chizik and the coaches have implied before they will be second to none and be no one's backup option or be drug a long.

Hey some of you guys need to step back. CK is a great kid and will be a great Auburn man. He is facing a lot of pressure from his family and it's not for anyone on this board to judge him. Hopefully he stays Orange and Blue and get's 4 years of playing time with the rest of the crew.

This is just my feelings but I think  :devil: will try to get players just to keep them from going to AU. Didn't he state he was not going to lose to AU in anything ever again? I thought I saw that on the site earlier in the week. Correct me if I am wrong.

WAR Eagle!

OK - I will say it. How can anyone think CK is going to go to AU after what just happened TODAY to Brent Calloway? We have all seen this play out. This is no different. SAME STORY.

Kid likes Uat. Kid visits AU. Kid decides to play for AU and commits to AU. Parents are not happy with the decision. Kid changes mind.

He is not going to AU. Yes this is my opinion and I will remain hopefull but come on - we all know how the game ends. No matter how many times Oregon wants Wes to miss the FG, he still hits it.

I thought there was no way he was going to commit to us in the first place. I was floored today. But I am not floored that this has happened.

Unfortunately, this will happen.  As Cam said, "When God be blessin', the devil be messin'."   Many out there don't want us to succeed and mainly UAT will want simply nothing more than to steal from us even if they don't need a certain prospect.

Archived