ALL THINGS Cyrus...

Here is the sad thing. This was posted on the AU rivals site - taken from bol. The moderator on bol admitted this morning something that we all already know - that Cyrus wants to go to AU (even as of this morning). His parents do not want him to go to AU. So either his parents get his way or Cyrus gets his way. I was pretty shocked to read that them actually admit it.

We have all seen how this plays out. Hopefully this time it is different...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do Mahlzy and Grimes have an in-home left to use on CK?  Or is it still a quiet period?

The dead period ends at midnight tonight.  During a dead period, coaches cannot:

•Make in-person recruiting contacts

•Conduct in-person evaluations -- on or off-campus

•Schedule official campus visits

•Allow unofficial campus visits

•Offer complimentary tickets to games

The only permissible communications during a dead period are phone calls (limited by NCAA regulations to one call per week) and correspondence.

The Quiet Period begins at 12:01AM on Feb 4.  During the Quiet Period recruits can visit with coaches but only on those coaches' campuses. But it's also an Evaluation Period, meaning that recruiters can visit recruits off-campus during 42 "evaluation days" during September, October and November. These evaluation days must be designated in writing by each school's athletic director. Recruiters may not visit any single recruit more than once during this time.

Reports yesterday were that Ck and his family had talked to coaches from both schools.  I'm not sure how they did this during the Dead Period when only one call is permitted.  They could, however text or email.

Do Mahlzy and Grimes have an in-home left to use on CK?  Or is it still a quiet period?

The dead period ends at midnight tonight.  During a dead period, coaches cannot:

The only permissible communications during a dead period are phone calls (limited by NCAA regulations to one call per week) and correspondence.

The Quiet Period begins at 12:01AM on Feb 4.  During the Quiet Period recruits can visit with coaches but only on those coaches' campuses. But it's also an Evaluation Period, meaning that recruiters can visit recruits off-campus during 42 "evaluation days" during September, October and November. These evaluation days must be designated in writing by each school's athletic director. Recruiters may not visit any single recruit more than once during this time.

Reports yesterday were that Ck and his family had talked to coaches from both schools.  I'm not sure how they did this during the Dead Period when only one call is permitted.  They could, however text or email.

Does it matter who originates the call?  I mean, is the limit one call if the family is calling the coach?

Jeffrey Lee reported that he did talk to AU coahces yesterday and assumed he did the same to the uat coaches

[/q

Does it matter who originates the call?  I mean, is the limit one call if the family is calling the coach?

All the rule says is phone calls are limited to one per week by each coach.

All the rule says is phone calls are limited to one per week by each coach.

Get skype - you can leave the call "open" for days.

"make his decision" is just him sending in the fax, IMO.

I'm going to have to second this... As uncomfortable as the whole family seems on camera, I'm going to guess that the last thing they want is more time in front of it.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised, after the fax comes in, to see a press confrence from one of the schools... expecially if he goes to Bama, since they likely won't be able to keep themselves from bragging publically.

I feel for CK but wish he had just delayed his announcement until he was concrete in his own feelings.

When the family votes on "your" decision it can become uncomfortable. He has been quoted as wanting to play next to his brother, so hopefully he gets it over with so we can move on again. We need to worry about Auburn and not what everyone else is doing.

Being as conflicted as he seems, he definitely does not need to sign anywhere until he alone is happy with where he will spend 4 of the most impoertant years of his young life.

IMHO if he's coming to Auburn we will hear about an unofficial family visit. If he's going to Bama, we will hear about a press conference. The auburn guy assigned to stare at the fax machine is wasting his time. Just my opinion.....

According to Finebaum, Ronnie Sanders from AUUndercover says Cyrus wanted Auburn, and his family was disappointed.  Wow.

What are they doing to make the parents back them like they are doing? Something just is not right about the whole situation, not just for Big C either.

"Jean Claude Kouandjio, the father, said. "He's still confused. We keep talking with him, I don't think he's ready yet. He's the one that who wants more time.""

Translation "He still wants to go to Auburn. We are still trying to convince him to go to Alabama, but I don't think we've convinced him yet."

Stop with all the doom and gloom guys. His family is just trying to make sure he does what he thinks is best.  Give them some time.  If we get him, great.  If we don't, no big deal.  We have one heck of a recruiting class.  Now stop with the conspiracy theories and the woe unto me garbage.  Patience is a virtue.

As for CK, I wish him luck on his decision.  I hope he takes as much time as he needs to make this important decision.

Stop with all the doom and gloom guys. His family is just trying to make sure he does what he thinks is best.  Give them some time.  If we get him, great.  If we don't, no big deal.  We have one heck of a recruiting class.  Now stop with the conspiracy theories and the woe unto me garbage.  Patience is a virtue.

As for CK, I wish him luck on his decision.  I hope he takes as much time as he needs to make this important decision.

Exactly how are WE going to give them some time.  :dunno:

According to Finebaum, Ronnie Sanders from AUUndercover says Cyrus wanted Auburn, and his family was disappointed.  Wow.

What are they doing to make the parents back them like they are doing? Something just is not right about the whole situation, not just for Big C either.

There are several posts in this thread with pretty good information.  I hate to tell you to read back but I'm not gonna retype all of it or go try to find it to copy and paste.  Basically, the family didn't know he was that serious about Auburn.  Therefore the surprise, not really disappointment.

Archived