Auburn vs. Arizona State GAME 1

What a crappy day! Get 4 kids arrested and now blow a game in the 9th inning... I'm not sure why we can't play defense though.... We shoulda won this game really stinks to blow this one

Edit. I was wrong. The umpire made the right call on the field, but he still should've gotten out of the way of the ball. You really can't put that on the bullpen or the pitching in general. Luckie pitched 4 great innings then fell apart in the 5th. Wallen was spectacular and Sean Ray pitched well too. We had way too many errors. TC had a bad game behind the plate and there were more than a few bad calls. Its bad when our coach goes out over 3 times to argue a call. Gotta come out firing tomorrow. I think we beat them bigtime tomorrow

I was there and just took my normal 1 1/4 hour drive home with time to think...

We allowed them 2 runs in one inning (the top of the 6th I believe) off 3 errors, a balk and at least one "extended life" granted by the Ump.

The top of the 9th was bad karma or luck or something.  Again, the ump was not our friend and then, after that batter reaches 1st, the 2nd base ump runs in to a ball that looked to be a possible twin killing... both runners were safe and that is the correct call as he is part of the field.  Then, a ball hit to 2nd hits the edge of the dirt/grass junction on the outfield side.  They end up scoring a run and we are snake bit in the bottom half. 

We didn't play our best game and that is for certain.  Our pitching was, for the most part, quite good in my opinion other that our first attempt at relief.

Tommorrow is another day but I would love to see us take 2 of 3 in the series!

:wareagle:

Archived