Keep Willy and Benard in your prayers please!

Tiger Growlin

As we approach signing day, keep one thing in mind when thinking about these guys if you will. There is a war going on in their home country of the Ivory Coast. I can only imagine how tough things must be for these guys right now. They're on the brink of a life changing decision in signing scholarship papers to follow their dream of playing college basketball and getting a great education. But at the same moment in time, the well being of their family and friends back in must be weighing heavy on their minds. When you think about these guys and what they bring to the basketball team, remember that basketball is probably not the first thing on their minds right now and rightfully so. Keep these guys in your prayers please as we welcome them into the AU Family!

It has been going on for a while now. There is a lot of hope today that it will end now with the arrest of Gbagbo today.

Regardless, it must be a tough situation.

I have thought along the same line that they were signed. Then I read that they had a signing ceremony set up for this week. I have now learned that they had already signed but never had a formal ceremony but will do so this week. Sorry for the confusion.

Archived