Auburn vs. Ole Miss RUBBER GAME

And who was it that left after the first? What did I say. WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!! Now we're tied for 1st in the West

I'll admit it that was me, although it was after the 2nd inning. I'll give credit to Smith for limiting the damage, but even more to this offense that continues to bail out some terrible pitching and terrible fielding. If we could just find some decent pitching and some defense, we could have a really special team b/c this offense is going to produce. This team is just so frustrating to watch sometimes.

But hey, a win's a win.  :wedance:

I feel your pain. I almost turned it off because they were making me so mad. Not an easy team to watch with our weak pitching, fielding, and inability to hit with runners in scoring position. However we seem to be starting to figure out how to win. Got a great chance to win the West again and get a 4 or 3 see in SEC Tourney

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, they CAN be very frustrating to watch. But that's what's fun about this team. No matter how much we get down, they never give up. It sounds a lot like a certain football team that just won the national title

I know this is a baseball board and this question I'm going to ask is kind of a football question but I'll do it anyways.  Do you guys think we could offer Winston (HYT H.S.) a baseball scholarship since he is a better baseball player than football and that be his primary sport and him still play football.  I know the recent committment of Pike probably hurts his desire to go to AU (which was slim any how) but if baseball is his ticket to pro sports, it would be worth a shot.  Opinions and bloviating welcome.

He made a comment through his coach, in the Bham News this morning, that his interest was lessened in us but was not afraid of competing for a spot. By the time his year is over , I think he will take the baseball money and run, just mho. :dunno:

thanks for your answers.  I know he is ranked the number two overall qb prospect but in all honesty, I don't know why.  I have seen him play many games and he is good but to be ranked as high as he is in football is incredible to me.  Baseball would be understandable but in football, in my opinion, a 4* at best but that's why they play the game.  I still believe that if he signs a football scholarship it'll be with Halfassyou.

Man I love Wes Gilmer.  I hope he gets back in the lineup permanently.  He shores up our defense and all he does is get clutch singles.  Put Gamache back at DH and Gilmer at 3B.

This is what everyone at the game today was wondering. Why is he not playing Gilmer? The word in the stands is that several players have asked for a meeting to see why they are not playing and the coach will not meet with them. Fans cannot understand why coach keeps changing the line up every day either. No other team keeps changing theirs like we do. Can someone enlighten me on this please. Love my AU baseball team.  :)  :)

No, he could play both sports, but he would take a football scholly not a baseball. Baseball gets a lot fewer scholly's than football

It doesn't matter which scholly he would take, the scholly still counts against both sports according to the NCAA.

Man I love Wes Gilmer.  I hope he gets back in the lineup permanently.  He shores up our defense and all he does is get clutch singles.  Put Gamache back at DH and Gilmer at 3B.

This is what everyone at the game today was wondering. Why is he not playing Gilmer? The word in the stands is that several players have asked for a meeting to see why they are not playing and the coach will not meet with them. Fans cannot understand why coach keeps changing the line up every day either. No other team keeps changing theirs like we do. Can someone enlighten me on this please. Love my AU baseball team.  :)  :)

That's not "exactly" what's going on, but over that losing streak there were some locker room issues. Idk exactly if Wes being out of the lineup is related or not though. My guess is they're just trying to get Alvord some playing time since he'll need to start next year

Here's some good news. Bammer lost again today, and Arkansas lost game 1 of the double header today. The second game was delayed and they will play a double header tomorrow

My guess is that Coach P is still trying to find the line up that works the best. The new bats make runs a lot harder to get, and he's had to change his strategy based on who's a hot hitter. The pitching has been inconsistent, so that's added to his need to shuffle kids around. He's just trying to win games the best way he can. I think.

I was wondering why Gilmer has not been in the lineup.  I think he could've solidified his spot today.  He should definitely be in over Beisner.  Alvord is simply starting over Hargett that's another issue, and between the two I think Hargett gives us the best chance to win right now.  I'm fine with Coach P switching the lineup around, without switching the lineup around we never would've found the hot bat of Bobby Andrews.

I love Andrews and Fradejas at the top of the lineup they are really starting to set the table.

Archived