2013 4* QB Jeremy Johnson signs with AU!

RunInRed

My theory, for what it is worth, is that AU has offered so many qb's is that we want one to commit soon. This puts a bit of pressure on Jeremy and others to commit or risk losing a chance to come to AU.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My theory, for what it is worth, is that AU has offered so many qb's is that we want one to commit soon. This puts a bit of pressure on Jeremy and others to commit or risk losing a chance to come to AU.

This works great on NCAA 12..  Wonder if the coaches have figured it out yet??

Just watched the highlights from his junior season. "It" factor! Watching his highlight film reminds me of the first time I watched Cam's! Get him CSL! #1 recruit I want for this class so far!

:wareagle::wedance:

We have different definitions of it factor. To me it means you lead your team to big time wins. JJ has yet to lead Carver to a big time win or not won yet as an underdog. I am not saying he can't. He just has not done it yet....I also think there is a reason AU has offered schollies to 5 more QBs in last week and a half.

Mods feel free to Delete this post if it is deemed as being too negative.

I think it was 2 years ago when I saw JJ and Carver make an impressive comeback against Auburn in the first round of the playoffs. I could be mistaken so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Just watched the highlights from his junior season. "It" factor! Watching his highlight film reminds me of the first time I watched Cam's! Get him CSL! #1 recruit I want for this class so far!

:wareagle::wedance:

We have different definitions of it factor. To me it means you lead your team to big time wins. JJ has yet to lead Carver to a big time win or not won yet as an underdog. I am not saying he can't. He just has not done it yet....I also think there is a reason AU has offered schollies to 5 more QBs in last week and a half.

Mods feel free to Delete this post if it is deemed as being too negative.

I think it was 2 years ago when I saw JJ and Carver make an impressive comeback against Auburn in the first round of the playoffs. I could be mistaken so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Your memory on that game is correct although Auburn high was not nearly as good as the team they had the previous 2 years. Carver then followed that up by only scoring 1 TD against an average Stanhope team that had problems slowing any Offense down that season. However, since JJ was a sophomore he should not get credit for that Stanhope game. For Carver and JJ to take the next step in their progression they need to at least split their 4 games versus Prattville, Opelika, Central Phenix City, and Auburn in 2012.

Per al.com: "Auburn Junior Day update: Quarterback Jeremy Johnson has Tigers No. 1; 4-year scholarships help"

"AUBURN, Alabama -- Jeremy Johnson says Auburn's tops his college list, but the quarterback from Montgomery's Carver  High probably won't make the final call until after the football season.

That was one of the latest developments from Auburn's Junior Day on Saturday."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/02/auburn_junior_day_update_quart.html

• 4 weeks later...

That's what I've heard. I don't know what his list looks like, but for some reason Hayden Rettig is the guy that stands out to me. I haven't watched film or anything along those lines, but it seems like I heard somewhere that he was one Loeffler really likes.

That's what I've heard. I don't know what his list looks like, but for some reason Hayden Rettig is the guy that stands out to me. I haven't watched film or anything along those lines, but it seems like I heard somewhere that he was one Loeffler really likes.

I heard the same thing about Rettig

I don't know much about Rettig, but if a pro-style, passing QB is what our offense needs, I think JJ is a GREAT candidate to take one of our QB slots. He is gonna be one that makes us pay on the field otherwise IMO...WDE

Rettig was the # 1 QB prospect on SoCal's board before his knee injury. Since then, they have made Max Browne their top target and are taking a wait-and-see approach with Rettig to see how he recovers from his knee injury.

Rettig claims that he is 100% as the camps approaches. When healthy, Rettig may be the top pro-style QB in the country. I too believe Loeffler likes him above all others. I hope we take 2 QBs in this class: Rettig would is more college-ready, and a green Jeremy Johnson who has a huge upside.

Rettig was the # 1 QB prospect on SoCal's board before his knee injury. Since then, they have made Max Browne their top target and are taking a wait-and-see approach with Rettig to see how he recovers from his knee injury.

Rettig claims that he is 100% as the camps approaches. When healthy, Rettig may be the top pro-style QB in the country. I too believe Loeffler likes him above all others. I hope we take 2 QBs in this class: Rettig would is more college-ready, and a green Jeremy Johnson who has a huge upside.

Don't know that we have the room to do this, but I'd sure like to sign those two.

If all things between Johnson and Rettig are pretty much equal, I would hope AU would go after Johnson since he seems to be favoring AU and he lives in the state. I also wonder if getting Johnson might help open the doors to recruits in the Montgomery/Prattville area.

If all things between Johnson and Rettig are pretty much equal, I would hope AU would go after Johnson since he seems to be favoring AU and he lives in the state. I also wonder if getting Johnson might help open the doors to recruits in the Montgomery/Prattville area.

All things are definitely NOT equal. Rettig is by far the more polished of the two. Johnson is a project, though one with incredible upside.

The doors in Montgomery have always been open for AU. One of the biggest problems right now is getting kids out of there that will qualify. It's been a big problem for years.

Montgy Public School Admin has decided to focus all adjustable funds on non-athletic classroom education. Results are complete breakdown of most HS athletic programs. Lee HS has such serious issues that they will be lucky to win two games in near future. Jeff Davis & Lanier not much better. Carver has some real talent but sketchy on off-field preparation for college. Signing Johnson will have no affect on where Prattville players sign, but sure won't hurt with Carver recruits-

It was my understanding, that JJ was ready to commit around the beginning of the year and be one of our first verbals in this class. Whether it be that Lefty wasn't completely sold or wasn't ready to fully commit to him and simply wanted to keep other options open, it didn't happen and now I'm seriously concerned that we might lose JJ. I have also heard that there is serious mutual interest between Rettig and AU but I hope JJ doesn't feel slighted and go somewhere else because of it. This does speak to how many QBs we'll take in this class because if we were taking two, we would already have one in the fold, IMO.

On another point, we really NEED to hit a home run with the QB in this class. For one reason or another over the years, we've had a hard time evaluating talent at that position above all others, which is another reason why we brought Lefty in. So, at least he is doing his due diligence. Even this year, we are an ALL-SEC QB away from being serious SEC and National Championship contenders. Not that Moseley and Frazier can't rise to the challenge because I'm not counting them out, but we can't say for sure what our QB play will look like this year, which is the most important position on the field.

Montgy Public School Admin has decided to focus all adjustable funds on non-athletic classroom education. Results are complete breakdown of most HS athletic programs. Lee HS has such serious issues that they will be lucky to win two games in near future. Jeff Davis & Lanier not much better. Carver has some real talent but sketchy on off-field preparation for college. Signing Johnson will have no affect on where Prattville players sign, but sure won't hurt with Carver recruits-

This. I played at Jeff Davis a few years ago when we were competing for state championships with Hoover and Prattville. It's sad to see how far downhill JD and Lee have gone. Lanier and Carver always have a few good athletes but no real structure( academically or athletically). It also doesn't help that there are 4 under-funded public high schools and about 10 private high schools diluting the talent pool.

It was my understanding, that JJ was ready to commit around the beginning of the year and be one of our first verbals in this class. Whether it be that Lefty wasn't completely sold or wasn't ready to fully commit to him and simply wanted to keep other options open, it didn't happen and now I'm seriously concerned that we might lose JJ. I have also heard that there is serious mutual interest between Rettig and AU but I hope JJ doesn't feel slighted and go somewhere else because of it. This does speak to how many QBs we'll take in this class because if we were taking two, we would already have one in the fold, IMO.

On another point, we really NEED to hit a home run with the QB in this class. For one reason or another over the years, we've had a hard time evaluating talent at that position above all others, which is another reason why we brought Lefty in. So, at least he is doing his due diligence. Even this year, we are an ALL-SEC QB away from being serious SEC and National Championship contenders. Not that Moseley and Frazier can't rise to the challenge because I'm not counting them out, but we can't say for sure what our QB play will look like this year, which is the most important position on the field.

It's not quite so critical as you may think to hit a home run, not when we signed the USA Today High School Player of the Year two years ago. It would be great to sign a top notch QB for Loeffler to groom, but it's not as if we don't already have talent at the position...

This. I played at Jeff Davis a few years ago when we were competing for state championships with Hoover and Prattville. It's sad to see how far downhill JD and Lee have gone. Lanier and Carver always have a few good athletes but no real structure( academically or athletically). It also doesn't help that there are 4 under-funded public high schools and about 10 private high schools diluting the talent pool.

It's another reason why you see kids grow up in Montgomery and then move in with relatives in Prattville to attend PHS. 

Archived