2013 4* QB Jeremy Johnson signs with AU!

RunInRed

Players with the ability of JJ don't change schools because of competition that might be at one place or the other. They always think they'll work their way into the top spot soon enough.

Now, JJ may change his mind but us signing another QB prospect won't be the reason.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Players with the ability of JJ don't change schools because of competition that might be at one place or the other. They always think they'll work their way into the top spot soon enough.

Now, JJ may change his mind but us signing another QB prospect won't be the reason.

I would normally agree with you but in JJ's case it seems like he was promised he would be the only QB taken in the AU class this year. I have seen post where it made it seem as though he would not come to AU if another QB was taken.

@mgmsports Carver's Jeremy Johnson says he sprained his "AC," which is a joint near the collarbone.

@mgmsports Carver head coach Billy Gresham says QB and Auburn commit Jeremy Johnson "will be fine." Won't miss time.

JJ told WSFA that if Chizik leaves so will he meaning when Chizik is fired he won't be committed to auburn anymore.

Man, I really hate to hear that. Gonna be sad to see some of these guys not sign with AU.

JJ told WSFA that if Chizik leaves so will he meaning when Chizik is fired he won't be committed to auburn anymore.

Man, I really hate to hear that. Gonna be sad to see some of these guys not sign with AU.

Don't lose hope yet. We may be able to get some back depending on who the new coach will be.

I hate to hear that. We may lose some more also. If that is the price of going in a new direction, then it's worth it in my book.

I hate to hear that. We may lose some more also. If that is the price of going in a new direction, then it's worth it in my book.

Dont fret it it will all work out. Trust me

That's true for all 18, I would imagine. The next coach should be hired in time to meet the prospects and sell his program. These guys like AU or they wouldn't have committed here in the first place, so getting them back on board won't be all that tough.

lets just sign this class and then fire them. make them sign their letter of intent first. Where's he going to go anyways. everyone has a qb he has a definite chance to start as a freshman. he won't have that chance at most other schools

I don't see JJ decommitting unless new staff doesn't show the love. I think this is just an emotional statement. He really doesn't have a lot of options. All the schools in the SE have their QB and I just don't see him going outside the region. I remember Lutz almost decommitting when CGC recruiters didn't give him any attention. Thank goodness Chiz and Gus made a visit to get things right. So I guess you never know. New coach could want to bring his QB with him.

When does the dead period>signing day start? A coach must be found with ample time to sit face to face or at least touch base with all the recruits to attempt to save this class.

There are mini-dead periods and open contact periods throughout the fall and winter. Too complex to even try to track unless you're a shore-fire geek.

Signing day is always the first Wednesday in February. If we get our new coach in place soon after his current team finishes with their bowl game, he'll have ample opportunity to re-sell Auburn and sell his new program.

lets just sign this class and then fire them. make them sign their letter of intent first. Where's he going to go anyways. everyone has a qb he has a definite chance to start as a freshman. he won't have that chance at most other schools

That's not fair to commits to manipulate them like that and anyone who seriously thinks of that scenario should examine his priorities IMO.

When does the dead period>signing day start? A coach must be found with ample time to sit face to face or at least touch base with all the recruits to attempt to save this class.

There are mini-dead periods and open contact periods throughout the fall and winter. Too complex to even try to track unless you're a shore-fire geek.

Signing day is always the first Wednesday in February. If we get our new coach in place soon after his current team finishes with their bowl game, he'll have ample opportunity to re-sell Auburn and sell his new program.

Here are the dates and definitions for quiet and dead periods...

Class of 2013 Recruting Dates

August 1, 2012 through November 24, 2012 — Quiet Period.

November 25, 2012, through February 2, 2013— Contact Period (except for the following periods listed under 'Exceptions' below).

During this period (11/25/12 thru 2/2/13), six in-person off-campus contacts per prospective student-athlete shall be permitted with not more than one permitted in any one calendar week (Sunday through Saturday) or partial calendar week.

Exceptions

December 16, 2012—Quiet Period.

December 17, 2012 through January 3, 2013 — Dead Period (click here to see JUCO and Mid-Year prospect exceptions lis).

January 6, 2013 — Quiet Period.

January 9 through January 12, 2013 — Dead Period (click here to see JUCO and Mid-Year prospect exceptions listed on NCAA PDF).

February 3, 2013—Quiet Period.

February 4 through February 7, 2013— Dead Period.

February 6 National Letter of Intent Signing Day for the Class of 2013 (runs through April 1, 2013).

Contact Period — It's permissible for authorized athletic department staff members to make in-person and off-campus recruiting contacts and evaluations. College coaches are allowed to visit recruits off–campus (at their high school or home). Coaches can make only one visit per week to individual recruits and are permitted to make one phone call per week to a recruit during this period.

Quiet Period — Recruits can visit with college coaches but only at those college campuses. Also, during the month of September, October or November coaches are permitted to make one in-person off-campus visit to a recruit (at their high schools or at an athletic event) (colleges are allowed a total of 42 days of evaluation time during this period).

Dead Period — Coaches are not permitted to make in-person recruiting contacts or evaluations on or off-campus or to permit official or unofficial visits by recruits or to make phone calls to recruits.

It's not that complex

Division One College Football:

Calendar runs 08-01-12 through 07-31-13. Reference the definitions if needed.

08-01-12 thru 11-24-12 Quiet Period *with the following exceptions (i)

(i) Sept., Oct., & Nov. (i)Evaluation Period **with the following exception (ii)

(ii) Only one evaluation per athlete for the college coach. The college coach only has 42 evaluation days during this period.

11-25-12 thru 02-02-13 Contact Period *with the following exceptions of 1-5 below

*Six in-person off-campus contacts per prospective student-athlete shall be permitted during this time period with not more than one permitted in any one calendar week.

(1) 12-16-12 Quiet Period

(2) 12-17-12 thru 01-03-13 Dead Period *with the following exception (i)

(i) Contact Period. Coaches may have contact with a recruit who has been admitted for midyear enrollment, provided the recruit has signed a National Letter of Intent.

(3) 01-04-13 thru 01-06-13 Quiet Period. All JUCO recruits who intend to enroll midyear.

(4) 01-06-13 Quiet Period

(5) 01-07-13 thru 01-10-13 Dead Period *with the following exception (i)

(i) Contact Period. Coaches may have contact with a recruit who has been admitted for midyear enrollment, provided the recruit has signed a National Letter of Intent.

Archived