2013 4* QB Jeremy Johnson signs with AU!

RunInRed

And so it begins....bangvv0.gif

http://www.usatodayhss.com/montgomeryadvertiser/article/carvers-johnson-would-de-commit-if-chiziks-fired--2012311090038

"I'm committed to auburn and coach chiz if he get fired then I'm gone he has no reason to get fired he not out there playing," Johnson wrote on his personal Twitter account (@MRSUPER6A).

"I am just going to make the right choice for me," Johnson said. "It's not about satisfying fans or anybody else; it's about the best choice for me. So, if they fire coach Chizik I am going to open up."

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AU is going to make the right choice at HC for AU. It's not about pleasing any recruit or any other HS student contemplating whether or not to attend AU, it's about doing what's right for AU.

Note to JJ in Montgomery....it ain't about you....it's the JJ in Auburn so calm down. Things will work out.

He needs to sit back and re-evaluate everything i'd suggest. No use in making waves and saying things you might regret later. Somebody needs to have a discussion with that boy and explain to him the finer points of diplomacy, especially if he's gonna be a QB at a big-time school. I hope he has a good support system around him, it would come in handy in a time like this (i.e coaching changes, etc.)

Seriously, if we keep this staff with all of the negative that is there we would be only putting off the inevitable. how i see it, our next years recruitng would suffer as this will just keep going on until he finally is fired

Unless our new head coach simply doesn't hit it off with Johnson, he'll in all likelihood sign with Auburn. Don't take spur of the moment remarks by teenagers as serious stuff and don't take recruiting decisions as final until the fax is received on February 6th.

I hope Jeremy stays with AU, but he doesn't, then I wish him the best.

This is the perfect post. My thoughts exactly. Would love to have JJ throwing it around on the Plains next year. But if he doesn't want to sign with AU, what are we going to do about it?

War Eagle!

I guess the kid can't speak his mind, but we can come on this board, or twitter and spew garbage about who needs to be fired etc, but let jj voice his thoughts and people want to call the kid out as someone AU does not need. wake up, he is 17. the relationship and bond he developed with coach chizik apparently was important to him deciding to come to AU, don't discount that. coach/player relationships are the one of the foundations of recruiting. The new coach will have a chance to speak with JJ, and maybe he sticks with the good guys.

A new coaching hire will likely shake up a lot of things regarding many recruits. We may lose some, but I think you will see names suddenly interested in Auburn that we didn't even have on our radar. Remember when Chizik and staff came in, suddenly we heard of this guy named Emory Blake, and on signing day we got a LOI from then 5 star DeAngelo Benton.

This is a big deal. I don't care who the next coach is, we STILL will not have a Division 1 QB on the roster.

This is HUGE. It doesnt matter what BOOOM hire we get, I doubt we can sign a top notch QB like Jeremy Johnson with such short time for a new staff to recruit. So basically we are screwed on offense for another year unless Wallace or Frazier step it up. And THEN we gotta get another QB and THEN the staff will have to have time to develop him

Juco QBs will be available. Frazier was starting to step up vs Arky when he got hurt. Both Wallace and Frazier will be fine as long as the O is geared to their strengths and not the preference of the OC or HC like this season and the OL quits shooting the O in the foot with penalties and poor blocking. There has also been some QBs de-commit across the country that the new coach might be able to persuade to come play on the Plains.

If Johnson does decide to go elsewhere, that's his right. I think he could possibly be the starting QB at AU next year, even being a true freshman because he would be competing against Wallace---and I think he's better than Wallace---and possibly Mosely and Frazier (unless one or both of them transfer, which I'm betting at least one of them will not be at AU next year). However, if his decision to attend AU was based on Gene Chizik and not on being at AU, then we can only hope the best for him wherever he might go.

Recent history will show that just because you're a stud in high school doesn't equate being a stud in college. If he wants to go elsewhere, best of luck to him, but no way do you put your program 2nd to a kid that may eventually be a WR.

I would imagine nearly all recruits will "open up" their recruiting. Most will stay, some will not. Depending on the coach though, we will also be in on some kids that we were previously were not.

What if Chiz isn't fired, but "resigns?" :)

lol. Good point but if he doesn't want to be at Auburn...then bye! I do hope we make a coaching change quick after the season b/c I would like to be able to keep most of our D commitments.

He needs to sit back and re-evaluate everything i'd suggest. No use in making waves and saying things you might regret later. Somebody needs to have a discussion with that boy and explain to him the finer points of diplomacy, especially if he's gonna be a QB at a big-time school. I hope he has a good support system around him, it would come in handy in a time like this (i.e coaching changes, etc.)

Agree. Even if he does feel that way...I was just a little surprised to hear him come out with those statements b/c if we get a really good hire he may have to go back on those words.

Archived