2013 4* QB Jeremy Johnson signs with AU!

RunInRed

So we're trashing our other QBs in the thread about quite possibly the most important recruit we have? Wow...really?!

Oh yeah, if I was JJ, I'd be stoked to come to AU to play in front of these fans...

Come on guys, chill out! If you can't, just take it somewhere else. Believe it or not, some of us like to talk about and read about the guy that this thread is actually devoted to...and again, probably our MOST IMPORTANT recruit!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ Negative nancy? There are 109 pages to this thread.... so pretty much everything that there has been to say about JJ has already been said. At least until further news comes out. It is a legitimate discussion because JJ will be in the mix for the 2013 season and we are talking about the 'QB Position" here.

^^Coming from the guy that has trashed the last 10 pages of a thread about JJ with his argument about whether JW or KF should've played last year and why the one he doesn't believe in sucked...

Yeah, please call me negative some more...

^^Coming from the guy that has trashed the last 10 pages of a thread about JJ with his argument about whether JW or KF should've played last year and why the one he doesn't believe in sucked...

Yeah, please call me negative some more...

Please quote my post where I "trashed" anyone. Evidently you interpret the word "trash" different than the rest of us. You sir are the one who decided to try to turn a civilized convo into an argument. You know that JJ will have to battle against KF and JW for the starting job right?. Also, I did not say any of the things you accused me of saying. You also said "The last 10 pages of a thread". My first comment was on page 108 and this is page 109. lol :D

KF-freshman year...he was new to college and asked to do a very limited and specific role....sophomore year-asked to play in a prostyle offense which was nothing he had done before...junior year-Gus is back and he will be in a familiar offense and with a familiar coach that believes in him...i expect KF to win the job and do well.

The biggest part of making it as a QB is being able to handle the pressure. Jon Wallace, as a true freshman, did that a whole lot better than KF did. You can talk about JW not having any pressure but when he was playing he had the same pressures as KF did....that is, to run the offense and he did that a lot better than KF did...sorry!. You seem to think Im criticizing KF just for the sake of criticizing him which is ridiculous. Im simply stating the obvious, if he cant handle the pressure of being a QB in the SEC, he might be better at another position like KB was. You're being ridiculous..Im not throwing anybody under the bus but Im also not overstating what he went through or what his pressures were to make excuses for him. You make a habit of that.

Did he now? As has been mentioned, he didn't lead the team to any points whatsoever against UAT or UGA. Frazier at least put up 10 against LSU.

Again, Wallace had nothing to lose, everything to gain. If you can't see the difference that kind of mentality can give you from where Kiehl entered, then I don't know what to tell you. Yes, you have to overcome your pressures...which will be much more on him next year, because he'll be expected to lead us to wins against teams not in the lowest levels of Division I.

Both were pretty bad guys. Y'all are literally arguing over which was worse.. KF was the lowest rated QB in the SEC. JW didn't direct any points against LSU or Bammer. Yada, yada, yada. We could go on for days about bad the QB play was...how bad the offense was...how bad the season was. What if we just admit we got less than Heisman worthy QB play and move on? Jeremy Johnson would like his thread back as well. :)

Our QBs looked as bad as they looked for two reasons: 1) The team quit on them. 2) They are not that good

The best QB in our conference could not overcome #1. Lets give these guys a shot with a team that wants to play. New coaching staff will hopefully weed out the quitters (and there are a lot of them).

I would like to see both these guys under a well run O line and a team that gives a damn.

It will make all the difference.

The biggest part of making it as a QB is being able to handle the pressure. Jon Wallace, as a true freshman, did that a whole lot better than KF did. You can talk about JW not having any pressure but when he was playing he had the same pressures as KF did....that is, to run the offense and he did that a lot better than KF did...sorry!. You seem to think Im criticizing KF just for the sake of criticizing him which is ridiculous. Im simply stating the obvious, if he cant handle the pressure of being a QB in the SEC, he might be better at another position like KB was. You're being ridiculous..Im not throwing anybody under the bus but Im also not overstating what he went through or what his pressures were to make excuses for him. You make a habit of that.

Did he now? As has been mentioned, he didn't lead the team to any points whatsoever against UAT or UGA. Frazier at least put up 10 against LSU.

Again, Wallace had nothing to lose, everything to gain. If you can't see the difference that kind of mentality can give you from where Kiehl entered, then I don't know what to tell you. Yes, you have to overcome your pressures...which will be much more on him next year, because he'll be expected to lead us to wins against teams not in the lowest levels of Division I.

Blue, hold the line, I am with you. Funny how when Frazier starts he is acknowledged to have the pressure of the world but when Wallace starts and SEC game as a true freshman it's a pressure-free nothing to loose situation. Frazier has been at Auburn for years and Wallace for months. Keep in mind that Gus let Frazier do very little in 2011. He make mistakes. I have no idea how it will go but I will defer to Heath Evans who has forgotten more about football then all of us know. We don't have a QB. Wallace is the closest thing we have and I believe can be developed to be a decent journeyman QB. The fact that no points were scored against Alabama and Georgia is meaningless. For the most part the team had packed up and gone.

Jeremy Johnson is good.

Pork chops are good. Bacon is good. WDE!

"That would have to be one charming pig"...............

If Malzahn can put Chris FREAKING Todd in position to break AU records, I am very optimistic what he can do with Frazier, a player who knows his system backwards and forwards. He is a GOOD kid, and I really want to see him succeed here. I think the scheme had more to do with Frazier's failures this year than his ability. Kiehl was a square peg that Chizik tried to cram in a round hole.

I think we will have THREE very good QBs on the roster, when Malzahn is done with them.

If Malzahn can put Chris FREAKING Todd in position to break AU records, I am very optimistic what he can do with Frazier, a player who knows his system backwards and forwards. He is a GOOD kid, and I really want to see him succeed here. I think the scheme had more to do with Frazier's failures this year than his ability. Kiehl was a square peg that Chizik tried to cram in a round hole.

I think we will have THREE very good QBs on the roster, when Malzahn is done with them.

I really want him to do good as well. The line play has got to get better for that to happen though. If he doesn't I feel comfortable with the situation.

Chris FREAKING Todd had guts and was accurate on the short and medium passes.

Todd also had limited mobility and a bum throwing shoulder. Malzahn called plays to limit exposing his QBs weaknesses. Which is exactly what his reputation has always been: adapting to the situation.

Maybe Frazier will start. Maybe not. But we can rest easy knowing that Gus is going to get the most out of whomever ends up starting.

Chris FREAKING Todd was also pretty good at feeling pressure and avoiding sacks.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

I will prepare the Crow however you like when the time comes. Lets see....Todd had appeared in games at Texas Tech before he even went JUCO. He was familiar with the offense as well. He had 3+ years of college ball under his belt including some time as AU QB in 2008 before he did what he did in 2009 at AU. To try to equate what Kiehl endured this year to what Todd walked into is ridiculous guys. :ucrazy: The O-Line in 2009 was made up of the same guys that won a NC in 2010. I would wager my life on Frazier being much better with the experience and OL Todd had in his time at AU. You can't judge Kiehl based on last year. To try and make the two situations appear the same is laughable. One guy was starting his first NCAA football game with Freshman and Sophmores at OL and the other was in his 4th year of playing in NCAA and JUCO with an O-line of upperclassmen. Oh yeah, they are exactly alike. OBVIOUSLY Chris Todd is better than Frazier!

:drippingsarcasm7pa: :drippingsarcasm7pa:

Sorry guys and girls but Chris Todd was a GREAT QB compared to what we currently have in Auburn. Let the excuse makers begin....but, it is what it is.

You too Blue? Surely you are joking. Right? You are ready to bench Kiehl for the remainder of his career based on 2012? Wow.

Chris FREAKING Todd was also pretty good at feeling pressure and avoiding sacks.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

I will prepare the Crow however you like when the time comes. Lets see....Todd had appeared in games at Texas Tech before he even went JUCO. He was familiar with the offense as well. He had 3+ years of college ball under his belt including some time as AU QB in 2008 before he did what he did in 2009 at AU. To try to equate what Kiehl endured this year to what Todd walked into is ridiculous guys. :ucrazy: The O-Line in 2009 was made up of the same guys that won a NC in 2010. I would wager my life on Frazier being much better with the experience and OL Todd had in his time at AU. You can't judge Kiehl based on last year. To try and make the two situations appear the same is laughable. One guy was starting his first NCAA football game with Freshman and Sophmores at OL and the other was in his 4th year of playing in NCAA and JUCO with an O-line of upperclassmen. Oh yeah, they are exactly alike. OBVIOUSLY Chris Todd is better than Frazier!

:drippingsarcasm7pa: :drippingsarcasm7pa:

Just joking with the stupid signs but come on fellas!

I was actually just going along with the "Chris FREAKING Todd" thing, not bashing Frazier. I don't really know what QB will come out of Spring or Summer practice as the starter, but hopefully 2012 isn't an indication of how QBs will do in 2013. None of them really looked capable of running any offense with consistency.

Archived