2013 4* QB Jeremy Johnson signs with AU!

RunInRed

All your undying support notwithstanding the bottom line is, he has played awful. Everytime the cameras panned to his face his expression signaled panic, desperation and confusion. All that quiet leader stuff didn't help him a bit. Until he can consistently make a 10 yard throw on target, he's KB 2.0 to me. I would love to see the kid become an all american but based on what Ive seen so far, he's got a long road to travel and his HS accolades dont mean squat now.

All your undying criticisms not withstanding, the bottom line is, he didn't turn 20 until October. You can play Sunday morning QB and talk bad about a kid who had the weight of the world thrown squarely on top of him all you want to. I'm willing to cut the kid some slack.

And, yes, I will support him 100% all the way through. Because that's what a FAN does. I'm glad you're so willing to throw him under the bus.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All your undying support notwithstanding the bottom line is, he has played awful. Everytime the cameras panned to his face his expression signaled panic, desperation and confusion. All that quiet leader stuff didn't help him a bit. Until he can consistently make a 10 yard throw on target, he's KB 2.0 to me. I would love to see the kid become an all american but based on what Ive seen so far, he's got a long road to travel and his HS accolades dont mean squat now.

All your undying criticisms not withstanding, the bottom line is, he didn't turn 20 until October. You can play Sunday morning QB and talk bad about a kid who had the weight of the world thrown squarely on top of him all you want to. I'm willing to cut the kid some slack.

And, yes, I will support him 100% all the way through. Because that's what a FAN does. I'm glad you're so willing to throw him under the bus.

The biggest part of making it as a QB is being able to handle the pressure. Jon Wallace, as a true freshman, did that a whole lot better than KF did. You can talk about JW not having any pressure but when he was playing he had the same pressures as KF did....that is, to run the offense and he did that a lot better than KF did...sorry!. You seem to think Im criticizing KF just for the sake of criticizing him which is ridiculous. Im simply stating the obvious, if he cant handle the pressure of being a QB in the SEC, he might be better at another position like KB was. You're being ridiculous..Im not throwing anybody under the bus but Im also not overstating what he went through or what his pressures were to make excuses for him. You make a habit of that.

The biggest part of making it as a QB is being able to handle the pressure. Jon Wallace, as a true freshman, did that a whole lot better than KF did. You can talk about JW not having any pressure but when he was playing he had the same pressures as KF did....that is, to run the offense and he did that a lot better than KF did...sorry!. You seem to think Im criticizing KF just for the sake of criticizing him which is ridiculous. Im simply stating the obvious, if he cant handle the pressure of being a QB in the SEC, he might be better at another position like KB was. You're being ridiculous..Im not throwing anybody under the bus but Im also not overstating what he went through or what his pressures were to make excuses for him. You make a habit of that.

Ran the offense better ? You might want to rethink that. Not to state the obvious but again, the JW run offense failed to score a single point against UGa or bama on the 1st, 2nd or even 3rd team defenses.

Ran the offense better ? You might want to rethink that. Not to state the obvious but the JW run offense failed to score a single point against UGa or bama on the 1st, 2nd or even 3rd team defenses.

LOL and by that time KF had completely lost the confidence of his coaches as a result of prior unspectacular performances. I dont need to rethink anything. Are you trying to tell me that had KF been playing against those teams he would've lit the scoreboard up? Like he had in all his other outings?...please! Jon Wllace beat your boy out for the position and that was the coaches decision based on their seeing them in practice everyday....they felt he was better or they would not have played him.

Ran the offense better ? You might want to rethink that. Not to state the obvious but the JW run offense failed to score a single point against UGa or bama on the 1st, 2nd or even 3rd team defenses.

LOL and by that time KF had completely lost the cofidence of his coaches as a result of prior unspectacular performances. I dont need to rethink anything. Are you trying to tell me that had KF been playing against those teams he would've lit the scoreboard up? Like he had in all his other outings?...please! Jon Wllace beat your boy out for the position and that was the coaches decisuion based on their seeing them in practice everyday....they felt he was better or they would not have played him.

Well no, what I'm "trying to tell you" is what I actually stated in those two sentences ( a novel concept I realize), that the JW run offense failed to score a single point on either Georgia or Bama. Does that fact bother you ? I never mentioned KF. No, I like both of those kids for different reasons, apparently you don't. Does that make them both "my boys" ?

LOL and by that time KF had completely lost the cofidence of his coaches as a result of prior unspectacular performances. I dont need to rethink anything. Are you trying to tell me that had KF been playing against those teams he would've lit the scoreboard up? Like he had in all his other outings?...please! Jon Wllace beat your boy out for the position and that was the coaches decisuion based on their seeing them in practice everyday....they felt he was better or they would not have played him.

Well no, actually I'm "trying to tell you" that the JW run offense failed to score a single point on either Georgia or Bama. Does that fact bother you ? I don't think I ever mentioned KF. I like both of those kids, apparently you don't.

Well no, actually I'm "trying to tell you" that the JW run offense failed to score a single point on either Georgia or Bama. Does that fact bother you ? I don't think I ever mentioned KF. I like both of those kids, apparently you don't.

I like'em fine and I know what the score was of those 2 games was and would be comfortable speculating that it wouldn't have been any different had any other QB on Auburn's team been under center. Im not going to argue with the obvious though and that is KF got beat out by a true freshman. If he was the player you boys seem to believe he is, I cant see how he would've lost his job...thats all.

I think they stuck with JW because Kiehl was banged up...JW did nothing more than Kiehl besides getting wins against New Mexico and AAMU....I could have QB'd those two games to victory....still I can not hold any player responsible for the poor preparation they received this season...

I think they stuck with JW because Kiehl was banged up...JW did nothing more than Kiehl besides getting wins against New Mexico and AAMU....I could have QB'd those two games to victory....still I can not hold any player responsible for the poor preparation they received this season...

Well, time will tell. He's definitely going to get his shot to win the job back. Auburn needs a good QB to be competitive in the SEC. Last year we obviously were not.

Well no, actually I'm "trying to tell you" what I stated in those two sentences, that the JW run offense failed to score a single point on either Georgia or Bama. Does that fact bother you ? I never mentioned KF. No, I like both of those kids for different reasons, apparently you don't.

That is why i am holding on giving JW the heisman quite yet. Why he looked ok i still compare it to Kodi his one yr against Bama as the entire offense was a colassal fail

Well no, actually I'm "trying to tell you" what I stated in those two sentences, that the JW run offense failed to score a single point on either Georgia or Bama. Does that fact bother you ? I never mentioned KF. No, I like both of those kids for different reasons, apparently you don't.

That is why i am holding on giving JW the heisman quite yet. Why he looked ok i still compare it to Kodi his one yr against Bama as the entire offense was a colassal fail

Yeah, holding off on the Heisman is probably a pretty good idea especially given on the quality of play Auburn got at that position last year. Im not trying to sell the idea that JW was good..not at all. He's a true freshman for crying out loud but he was better than KF - thats ALL Im saying!

Anywho, what about that Jeremy Johnson fella? I hear he has a thread around here somewhere. And an argument between which QB is better between KF and JW is laughable fellas. :)

Well no, what I'm "trying to tell you" is what I actually stated in those two sentences ( a novel concept I realize), that the JW run offense failed to score a single point on either Georgia or Bama. Does that fact bother you ? I never mentioned KF. No, I like both of those kids for different reasons, apparently you don't. Does that make them both "my boys" ?

I honestly think that if KF had been at QB against NMSU and Alabama A&M those games would've been much closer going into the 4th quarter. KF was not decisive and JW was. JW might lack the arm strength but from what I saw he was a lot more accurate than Frazier. Also JW completed 68% of his passes against UGA, something I dont think KF would've come close to in that game. That being said, we had so many problems outside of the QB position this season thats its hard to make an honest assessment due to the lack of being coached up, but to say that JW looked equal to KF is absolutely absurd.

Anywho, what about that Jeremy Johnson fella? I hear he has a thread around here somewhere. And an argument between which QB is better between KF and JW is laughable fellas. :)

I agree. it may be laughable but I wasn't laughing watching Auburns offense be so offensive. I was not the one trying to say either was any good. I think that is laughable. The bottom line is - one lost the job and the other played about as well as anyone could expect an unheralded true freshman to play..

I'm with you lala. The only thing I know for sure is that we need a QB that can run Gus's offense. I don't know who that is going to be and for all we know Smith could come in and be all world. Both JW and KF have things I like but neither is the complete package yet. That offense and the situational play calling was such a cluster all year its hard to even get an honest read on QB potential. I am just going to be from Missouri and let them show me but I know Gus is the man to bring the best out of both of them.

I'm with you lala. The only thing I know for sure is that we need a QB that can run Gus's offense. I don't know who that is going to be and for all we know, Smith could come in and be all world for all we know. Both JW and KF have things I like but neither is the complete package yet. That offense and the situational play calling was such a cluster all year its hard to even get an honest read on QB potential. I am just going to be from Missouri and let them show me but I know Gus is the man to bring the best out of both of them.

Who is Smith?

I don't think anyone is advocating to give JW the Heisman, but in your remarks to Kodi, he had the athleticism but did not have the accuracy to be a truly effective QB. I would be more inclined to compare KF to Kodi (time at QB) than I would JW. I hope KF can gain confidence with Malzahn's return, but I would still give my edge to either JW or JJ for next season.

I honestly think that if KF had been at QB against NMSU and Alabama A&M those games would've been much closer going into the 4th quarter. KF was not decisive and JW was. JW might lack the arm strength but from what I saw he was a lot more accurate than Frazier. Also JW completed 68% of his passes against UGA, something I dont think KF would've come close to in that game. That being said, we had so many problems outside of the QB position this season thats its hard to make an honest assessment due to the lack of being coached up, but to say that JW looked equal to KF is absolutely absurd.

You very well may be right about that. By the time those games rolled around, KF was so confused they might have been closer. Saying they looked equal would be absurd, so if someone said that I agree.

I don't think anyone is advocating to give JW the Heisman, but in your remarks to Kodi, he had the athleticism but did not have the accuracy to be a truly effective QB. I would be inclined to compare KF to Kodi (time at QB) than I would JW. I hope KF can gain confidence with Malzahn's return, but I would still give my edge to either JW or JJ for next season.

I tend to agree. Now, if the cameras just hadn't panned to KF face so many times this past year I might be able to have a little more confidence in him. The continued look of something between being petrified and completely lost doesn't exactly instill a lot of confidence

I'm with you lala. The only thing I know for sure is that we need a QB that can run Gus's offense. I don't know who that is going to be and for all we know, Smith could come in and be all world for all we know. Both JW and KF have things I like but neither is the complete package yet. That offense and the situational play calling was such a cluster all year its hard to even get an honest read on QB potential. I am just going to be from Missouri and let them show me but I know Gus is the man to bring the best out of both of them.

Who is Smith?

Jason Smith, '13 commit with JJ.

Who is Smith?

OH! I see. The name just didn't ring a bell. Well frankly, Im hoping we dont have to play a true freshman QB again this year

Who is Smith?

OH! I see. The name just didn't ring a bell. Well frankly, Im hoping we dont have to play a true freshman QB again this year

Same here.

A confidence booster for KF: Line Jeremy Johnson up at WR, all 6'6 of him. Line KF up by himself in the shotgun, fake the jet sweep, and let it fly. Just like the Kodi-Cam play.

i think maybe this thread ought to be locked until heads can be leveled, and we can all get back on the subject of JJ.

Has he made any progress in getting RF back?

Archived