2013 4* QB Jeremy Johnson signs with AU!

RunInRed

e4808a87b607b424297663bf0f933f87.png

Outstanding news! I only had a chance to watch him play two games this season. He was fantastic! Played in the shotgun. Played under center. Threw the ball very accurately. Ran the ball well. This is one of the young men I really wanted to keep.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carver-Montgomery (Ala.) Rivals100 four-star quarterback Jeremy Johnson

"I'm excited. I've been stressed, but I feel good because I've known Coach Malzahn for a long time, he gave me my first offer. This seals the deal. I'm excited, I feel like this seals the deal. I'm still going to take visits to Ole Miss for sure, LSU and Auburn.

"I actually feel just as good, if not better being committed now with Coach Malzahn, I do. I know what he runs, knowing I fit into the system already, it makes a big difference.

"Earnest will stay, I know Reuben (Foster) will stay and Dee Liner will stay. We all have agreed that we'd stay and keep the class together."

Jeremy Johnson

: 'I'm going to get Reuben Foster back on board

I think we have a future "Auburn man" right there.

Looks like it. It's gonna hurt losing some of these guys to other schools, but at least we know that the ones we get at Auburn really want to be here. I still see our 2013 recruiting class being much better then 2009. They should form a solid chassis for our brand new GUS BUS!

The more I know about him, the more this kid reminds me of Jason Campbell. He's tall, has a great arm, soft spoken, and shows tremendous leadership ability. Is even a basketball star as well, like Campbell was. The only big difference I see is that he seems more physically developed as a high school senior than Campbell was.

I really hope we're able to bring him along properly. I'd love to see Kiehl step up and be the man next year, providing Jeremy the chance to redshirt, but I could see JJ doing very well if the need arises for him to take over.

The more I know about him, the more this kid reminds me of Jason Campbell. He's tall, has a great arm, soft spoken, and shows tremendous leadership ability. Is even a basketball star as well, like Campbell was. The only big difference I see is that he seems more physically developed as a high school senior than Campbell was.

I really hope we're able to bring him along properly. I'd love to see Kiehl step up and be the man next year, providing Jeremy the chance to redshirt, but I could see JJ doing very well if the need arises for him to take over.

So your conceding the starting job to KF over Wallace?

Aaron Brenner may be.

I'm conceding nothing. I simply think Frazier has far more potential. I was pleased with what I saw out of Wallace, and I think he could be successful, but the arc on even his shorter throws stuck out like a sore thumb to me and suggests he doesn't have enough arm to find consistent success against SEC defensive backs. Kiehl's problem is all between his ears. He looked like he was thinking too much and never gained a comfort with the dropback. Now, I'm a fan of going from under center and throwing on rhythm (3 step drop, 5 step drop, etc), but it just didn't seem to fit for him. With Malzahn back in town, my hope is that he will find both comfort and confidence in the system, because if that happens, he has all the tools to become an incredible QB.

I'm conceding nothing. I simply think Frazier has far more potential. I was pleased with what I saw out of Wallace, and I think he could be successful, but the arc on even his shorter throws stuck out like a sore thumb to me and suggests he doesn't have enough arm to find consistent success against SEC defensive backs. Kiehl's problem is all between his ears. He looked like he was thinking too much and never gained a comfort with the dropback. Now, I'm a fan of going from under center and throwing on rhythm (3 step drop, 5 step drop, etc), but it just didn't seem to fit for him. With Malzahn back in town, my hope is that he will find both comfort and confidence in the system, because if that happens, he has all the tools to become an incredible QB.

Yeah, I wouldn't disagree with that and wouldn't be surprised to see a KF resurgence. Getting Gus back in town was obviously the best thing that could have happened for Kiehl. It couldnt have worked out any better for him imo. It should be an interesting Spring to say the least.

Yeah, I wouldn't disagree with that and wouldn't be surprised to see a KF resurgence. Getting Gus back in town was obviously the best thing that could have happened for Kiehl. It couldnt have worked out any better for him imo. It should be an interesting Sping to say the least.

I think Kiehl has more physical potential, however, Wallace has much more mental potential which is greater in my opinion.

He reminds me so much of Kodi Burns because he too cannot make even the simplest throws w/o sailing the ball over the intended receiver's head. He struggled on that little roll out pass to the TE all year. I dont see Kiehl getting it done. If arm strength was all there was he might be the guy but he seems deficient in every other category outside of arm strength. Wallace is clearly the better QB, so, if Frazier is going to beat him out he's really got his work cut out for him.

Archived