2013 4* QB Jeremy Johnson signs with AU!

RunInRed

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don;t mind either. Better to take a nice trip on another school's dime than to do it yourself. I am all for it but I am glad he is committed to us firmly again. Thank goodness. We may have lost 2 5* and 1 4* on defense but I think we will be very good. WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Not insinuating that our coaches asked him not to go, but I wonder if our coaches have basically said "it's put up or shut up" time to our recruits. After the issues over the last few days, I wouldn't be surprised to see our coaches ask our top recruits to be All In, or else be All Out.

If this is the case, I'm glad to see our staff standing strong, and making sure the kids we sign truly want to be a part of the Auburn Family.

War Eagle, JJ!!! Can't wait to see you in Orange and Blue!

Not insinuating that our coaches asked him not to go, but I wonder if our coaches have basically said "it's put up or shut up" time to our recruits. After the issues over the last few days, I wouldn't be surprised to see our coaches ask our top recruits to be All In, or else be All Out.

If this is the case, I'm glad to see our staff standing strong, and making sure the kids we sign truly want to be a part of the Auburn Family.

^^ Agree 1000%

Many of us have watched film on most of the highest rated qb's in this class. I would not trade JJ in for any one of the other qb's. factor in that he loves AU, and you have to be very excited about him.

I think this was all JJ. He is fully committed to Auburn, and because of what happened this week, he doesn't want anybody to have any doubt about where he is going.

Not how the coaches did it. They made an empassioned push to let him know he is the face of the class and told him how important for the class as a whole if he were here recruiting the next 3 weekends. He agreed. They did not give Darth Saban-esque orders.

Not how the coaches did it. They made an empassioned push to let him know he is the face of the class and told him how important for the class as a whole if he were here recruiting the next 3 weekends. He agreed. They did not give Darth Saban-esque orders.

most likely. Its doable with him being so close by. The more i hear about jj the more i like.

JJ had the arm,the size and speed to be a great QB in CGM's system,but to me what sets him apart is he is a competitor.He really showed out in the all star game with the winning TD pass.As I recall,we got him on board back before he got a lot of buzz.Then he showed out at the seven on seven tourny.When the lights come on,this guy loves to compete.Now

I have just seen him play that one time,maybe some of you guys down his way have seen him up close and would like to give us some more detail.I feel like this kid could special.

JJ had the arm,the size and speed to be a great QB in CGM's system,but to me what sets him apart is he is a competitor.He really showed out in the all star game with the winning TD pass.As I recall,we got him on board back before he got a lot of buzz.Then he showed out at the seven on seven tourny.When the lights come on,this guy loves to compete.Now

I have just seen him play that one time,maybe some of you guys down his way have seen him up close and would like to give us some more detail.I feel like this kid could special.

So do I and I am hoping that either Frazier, Marshall or Wallace can handle it this year so that JJ can redshirt. He can spend the year tightening up his mechanics, learning the system and getting ready. Then when Frazier, Marshall are Seniors and Wallace is a Junior, JJ would be a RS Freshman. It would be perfect separation.

So do I and I am hoping that either Frazier, Marshall or Wallace can handle it this year so that JJ can redshirt. He can spend the year tightening up his mechanics, learning the system and getting ready. Then when Frazier, Marshall are Seniors and Wallace is a Junior, JJ would be a RS Freshman. It would be perfect separation.

Agree.Not many true freshman come in and light up the SEC at QB.A redshirt will only make him better.IF,,, he is our best QB on the roster next season,we are in for a long year.

Really good article on the Alabama Mr. Football vote here. Congrats to both kids for showing so much class. Congrats to JJ for winning -- and for that awesome promise. We'll hold you to it, JJ! War Eagle!

Really good article on the Alabama Mr. Football vote here. Congrats to both kids for showing so much class. Congrats to JJ for winning -- and for that awesome promise. We'll hold you to it, JJ! War Eagle!

thanks for sharing

JJ talked about recruiting other guys to come to Auburn....is he having any success?

We will know on February 6th.

After watching JJ on film and in the Army All-American game I truly feel that he's an elite qb, should be a five star. He has all the tangibles to be a great qb for us.

He is where he should be. He has all the intangibles but is too inconsistent to be a 5 star IMO.

After watching JJ on film and in the Army All-American game I truly feel that he's an elite qb, should be a five star. He has all the tangibles to be a great qb for us.

He is where he should be. He has all the intangibles but is too inconsistent to be a 5 star IMO.

If this kid is given a year to absorb the offense and hone in his skills, he could very well be better than Cam. IMO. Let him gain 10-15 lbs and work on his footwork and get used to the speed of the game and I feel good about him being a Heisman contender as a RS soph.

If this kid is given a year to absorb the offense and hone in his skills, he could very well be better than Cam. IMO. Let him gain 10-15 lbs and work on his footwork and get used to the speed of the game and I feel good about him being a Heisman contender as a RS soph.

I agree. A year as a redshirt will do wonders to polish up his mechanics and develop. That would make him a redshirt Freshman and get a little playing time when Kiehl and Nick are Seniors.

He will not be better than Cam. Period. Cam Newton has more physical talent than anyone that has ever played the position. The only guy close to him is John Elway. Cam is LeBron James. Every game he plays, he's the most talented guy on the field. Even RG3 or Kaepernick aren't in his league from a tools standpoint. I'm excited about Johnson, but he won't be better than Cam. That's a pipe dream. If he ends up at the Jason Campbell level, that's a raging success.

He will not be better than Cam. Period. Cam Newton has more physical talent than anyone that has ever played the position. The only guy close to him is John Elway. Cam is LeBron James. Every game he plays, he's the most talented guy on the field. Even RG3 or Kaepernick aren't in his league from a tools standpoint. I'm excited about Johnson, but he won't be better than Cam. That's a pipe dream. If he ends up at the Jason Campbell level, that's a raging success.

Wow, now I love Cam, but I believe you're wrong in the assessment of JJ being a Jason Campbell. And COMPLETELY wrong in a comparison of Cam to Elway. Elway??? Really??? Where the heck did that come from?

Archived