2013 4* QB Jeremy Johnson signs with AU!

RunInRed

Sorry guys and girls but Chris Todd was a GREAT QB compared to what we currently have in Auburn. Let the excuse makers begin....but, it is what it is.

You too Blue? Surely you are joking. Right? You are ready to bench Kiehl for the remainder of his career based on 2012? Wow.

I never said anything about next season. maybe KF can get it together...he's got an awful lot of getting together to do.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeremy Johnson is good.

Pork chops are good. Bacon is good. WDE!

Yummm bacon. I'd rather talk about that than where this thread is headed...

Jeremy Johnson is good.

Pork chops are good. Bacon is good. WDE!

Yummm bacon. I'd rather talk about that than where this thread is headed...

You're probably right about that. Wherever this thread is headed its not headed toward objective dialogue about QB play at Auburn. If you post honestly about it, you're villlified as wanting to throw people under a bus. Several here are stuck on what KF accomplished in HS but conveniently overlook what he's done in 2 years in college...which I can definitely understand given his performances thus far.

Man, this thread is impossible to get any useful information. Are we really supposed to sift through 112 pages of stuff to get some information? Not user-friendly at all. Not bashing or trying to be disrespectful, but surely there has to be a better way to convey information to the users on this board.

Man, this thread is impossible to get any useful information. Are we really supposed to sift through 112 pages of stuff to get some information? Not user-friendly at all. Not bashing or trying to be disrespectful, but surely there has to be a better way to convey information to the users on this board.

Especially when it is a Jeremy Johnson thread discussing Kiehl Frazier.

I'm not sure you would've agreed with your own statement mid-way through the 2008 season.

That's kind of the point. Ben Leard looked freaking AWFUL as a Sophomore. AWFUL. He deservedly got benched for Gabe Gross, who was a baseball player moonlighting as a QB (and wisely gave football up after that season). Leard was terrible. And then he wasn't. 1999 happened and wouldn't you know it, Ben Leard didn't suck any more. He grew up. He learned from his mistakes, and if he hadn't gotten injured in the Ole Miss game, he would've led the team to a bowl game.

Jason Campbell looked bad enough as a Freshman to get ripped in and out of the lineup for Daniel Cobb. He wasn't good enough in spring and fall to regain the job until the UF game in the middle of his Sophomore season. And people were cheering for Brandon Cox to take over in the La-Mo game at the start of Campbell's senior season! I was there. I remember the cheers when Cox finally got into the game in the fourth. Then, wouldn't you know it, he just put all that talent and composure together for one magical season.

Chris Todd was good enough to beat out Kodi Burns and bad enough to get his offensive coordinator fired mid-season and his head coach fired at the end. Then all the sudden he wasn't hurt any more, he got a new coach, and low and behold, Chris Todd didn't suck after all.

My point, youth is a QB's enemy. It's easy to convince yourself that isn't true when Johnny Football wins a Heisman, but generally, young QBs really struggle. On top of that, QBs playing for dysfunctional staffs or bad coordinators (true of both Wallace and Frazier this year) will almost always fail. I think you can toss this season out the door. We didn't find out anything that will matter in the long run for either guy.

Especially when it is a Jeremy Johnson thread discussing Kiehl Frazier.

Im done with it for now but in my defense it was already under way when I chimed in. :jossun:

As for Johnson, I'm very glad to have him in the fold. Every single thing I hear about the guy is positive. It made my Ole Miss friends sick when we hired Gus (because they knew the flirtation was over). I'd love to have Jason Campbell Jr., but I hope I don't see him play a down of football next season.

As for Johnson, I'm very glad to have him in the fold. Every single thing I hear about the guy is positive. It made my Ole Miss friends sick when we hired Gus (because they knew the flirtation was over). I'd love to have Jason Campbell Jr., but I hope I don't see him play a down of football next season.

I agree, playing true freshman and, in some cases, true soph QBs in the SEC is a recipe for disaster and the 2012 Auburn Tigers is the perfect case in point.

If CGM can work with the current QB's - JJ could be a dangerous guy with a year or 2 under his belt. I agree that I hope we dont HAVE to play a true freshman - but if he wins it due to GREAT play (not the best of a bad lot) - he will be fun to watch, just like KF or JW for that matter.

If CGM can work with the current QB's - JJ could be a dangerous guy with a year or 2 under his belt. I agree that I hope we dont HAVE to play a true freshman - but if he wins it due to GREAT play (not the best of a bad lot) - he will be fun to watch, just like KF or JW for that matter.

I agree. I hope we don't have to go that route and I don't think we will have to. But whoever is the starter, I think it will be fun to watch. And I think with the athleticism of all 3 guys could make it exciting to watch. It is always good to have a solid backup.

\

Just follow Ellitor_TheLion and EagleDamnWar on Twitter and you'll know most of what is going one here.

\

Just follow Ellitor_TheLion and EagleDamnWar on Twitter and you'll know most of what is going one here.

Thanks for the twitter account information! Makes everything muuuch easier

Sorry guys and girls but Chris Todd was a GREAT QB compared to what we currently have in Auburn. Let the excuse makers begin....but, it is what it is.

You too Blue? Surely you are joking. Right? You are ready to bench Kiehl for the remainder of his career based on 2012? Wow.

That's almost Shakespearean. Love it.

:muscles:

• 3 weeks later...

Here ya go...

@jcshurburtt: For you #Auburn folks @SWiltfong247 says QB commit Jeremy Johnson has a "perfect" skill set for what Malzahn does http://t.co/0ETSsWoG

@RivalsDallas: From the coaches: Best QB on the East so far? #Auburn commit Jeremy Johnson. #ArmyBowl

Would I be surprised if he lands at Ole Miss? No. As earlier posts indicate, a lot of evaluating going on both ways with new coaches and recruits. Important for each side to complete their due diligence before pulling the trigger.

Would I be surprised if he lands at Ole Miss? No. As earlier posts indicate, a lot of evaluating going on both ways with new coaches and recruits. Important for each side to complete their due diligence before pulling the trigger.

Are you talking about JJ? I certainly do not get any vibe other than he is all Auburn and recruiting for us. He is a perfect fit for our style offensively. Seriously?!?!?!

Are you talking about JJ? I certainly do not get any vibe other than he is all Auburn and recruiting for us. He is a perfect fit for our style offensively. Seriously?!?!?!

I agree. He will be perfect in Gus' O IMO.

Archived