What a hoot

Bottomfeeder

I watched the first 15 minutes of the so-called debate. What a waste! In many ways a waste of my time and yours. First of all, there was no third party candidate. Secondly, the debate is controlled by the candidates.

Here watch this:

http://www.pbs.org/now/debate.html#

David Brancaccio

"These debates have become exactly what he found so deeply troubling — the packaging of politicians and politics to create a phony transcendence that simulates democracy while subverting it."

And third, the elections are fixed anyway. So why vote? Because it's a so-called right and responsibility. What is it, really? A pagan ritual.

Voting is Very Pagan!

Many of us come from proud traditions that used a Council and other forms of the voting process to make decisions. Native Americans, Vikings, the Greeks, and other Pagan cultures valued this right highly, and fought to keep it.

Voting is an ancient Pagan tradition. Apathy, on the other hand, is a modern invention – it suits those in power very well indeed, but it disempowers you!

Because “The Supremes” Matter:

The next President will appoint the next two or three members of the U.S Supreme Court. They dictate what freedoms stay and what freedoms are eliminated by their interpretation of the Constitution. These people have a direct (and final!) say in issues that affect us all.

Because “As Above, So Below” is Also True in Politics:

The Federal & State government decides who gets to benefit from the tax dollars we all pay. Politicians control these purse strings, and they hand down money from above for things like college loans, animal shelters, libraries, breast cancer research, and more. Make sure that the causes and services you care about get funded. Vote!

And so on....

http://www.outlawwebdesigns.com/bi30/seven_minutes.htm

Seven%20Minutes.jpg

Are you an anarchist ? I'll agree w/ 1 point, that the debates aren't anything of the sort. They are joint press conferences. But after that, you lose me.

I assume you're not going to vote, which may be about the best thing I got from reading your post.

Man!  The "ignore" feature is GRRRRREAT! :lol:

106877[/snapback]

I was thinking the exact same thing... ;)

Save the Planet, Plant a Bush in Texas. Voting Kerry this year. See Ya, George.

106944[/snapback]

How is voting for Kerry going to 'save the planet' ? If that isn't the biggest pile of hoooey..... :blink:

Moron voter/follower:

How is voting for Kerry going to 'save the planet' ? If that isn't the biggest pile of hoooey..... :blink:

107428[/snapback]

Bush lost the first debate and will lose the other two simply because it's his destiny to lose and not be appoint to a second term. :roflol: Be for real, the boy cannot be a man among men because he a draft dodger, an idiot and a loser. If in doubt just read some of the essays from his college years at Yale, or I mean the ones he didn't buy. :lol: Business failures are no the responsibility of the taxpayer, but you can't tell Dubya.

I see you opted to NOT answer the question. *shrugs* Oh well.

107594[/snapback]

It's not. I agree with the you on that point. I guess saving the planet and it's inhabitants is merely a dream. I'm torn between voting for Ron Paul which is a vote for Bush and voting for Kerry which is a vote for Bush lite. Bush lite with higher taxes is not the answer for our country. And voting for the Imperial wizard "Dubya" is totally out of the question. The elitists have us by the proverbial gonads. Life sucks, but Bush sucks more.

Be for real, the boy cannot be a man among men because he a draft dodger, an idiot and a loser.

I'm sorry, for a second there I thought you were talking about Clinton!

Be for real, the boy cannot be a man among men because he a draft dodger, an idiot and a loser.

I'm sorry, for a second there I thought you were talking about Clinton!

107786[/snapback]

Clinton and Bush are no different, well maybe they have some differences, such as Clinton can read. You know what they say about "birds of a feather." In this case it's more like "coward patriots." I admit Dubya's choice in women is far superior to that of Clinton. For the most part we have not had a real president since J.F.K. ;)

Even Kids know Dubya's not to be reelected.

Form Kayla,

KaylasCampaign.JPG

The debates are really a joke. They ask one question and the candidate answers what he wants to talk about. They can spew out any bs and are not held accountable. It's more like a political beauty pageant or something where each guy is asked what would he do to make the world a better place then spews out a huge load of flowers and the sheet to fertilize them..

The debates are really a joke. They ask one question and the candidate answers what he wants to talk about. They can spew out any bs and are not held accountable. It's more like a political beauty pageant or something where each guy is asked what would he do to make the world a better place then spews out a huge load of flowers and the sheet to fertilize them..

108013[/snapback]

100% agreed. The Junior Miss pageant, here is Mobile, probably has more intelligent responses from bubble blondes than do some of the candidates appointed to run for office. I hate politicians. The lightning bolt aways misses them.

http://www.politicalstrategy.org/archives/000483.php

Here's the key though. Let's look at the sample:

Republicans: 38%

Democrats: 31%

Independents: 27%

If you recalculate that to represent the actual electorate, it's an Edwards win.

Apparently Peter Jennings even qualified the garbage poll, all but saying "don't believe it" when he reported it.

Sadly, while Kayla may be cute as a button, she displays about the same attention span and education level as your typical Kerry/Edwards voter.

Folks, don't let the children run the country. Vote Bush/ Cheney 2004. Keep the adults in the White House.....it's just too important.

Sadly, while Kayla may be cute as a button, she displays about the  same attention span  and education level as your typical Kerry/Edwards voter.

Folks, don't let the children run the country. Vote Bush/ Cheney 2004. Keep the adults in the White House.....it's just too important.

108802[/snapback]

It's that what we are doing now? Being that Dubya has the emotional growth of say 19 y/0, is this not a statement directly contrary having that child in the Oval Orifice?

• 5 months later...
Sadly, while Kayla may be cute as a button, she displays about the  same attention span  and education level as your typical Kerry/Edwards voter.

108802[/snapback]

Hey Raptor, since you seem to have forgotten what being derogatory toward those who vote for the candidate you oppose looks like, here's a reminder.

Archived