Old Navy Commercial Slamming Auburn

Just saw an Old Navy commercial with people dressed in UAT T-shirts and other garb preparing to enjoy football singing a parody on an 80's song when a guy in Orange and Blue on a four wheeler with a tiger as the body pulls up and then one of the UAT people says "He's OK, he's the pizza delivery guy". 

It would actually be funny if the rolls were reversed, but since they are not.....BOYCOTT Old Navy!

This is odd in that I thought that bammers were more or less pork and chicken gizzard eaters!

WDE!

Doc

I saw it too.  It was obvious the turds were actors.  They all had teeth; they looked as though they had a recent shower; the kids looked normal; and there was no family resemblence between the dad and mom; there was no shrine in the house; for that matter they were in a house instead of a trailer.  :dunno: 

No big deal.  As the OP said, if it was reversed, I would LMAO.  :laugh:   

The little kid said "He brought pizza, he's alright".  First thought was that they were saying he was a pizza guy, but now guess he's the rare AU fan that can stand that many Bammers at one time.

Just saw an Old Navy commercial with people dressed in UAT T-shirts and other garb preparing to enjoy football singing a parody on an 80's song when a guy in Orange and Blue on a four wheeler with a tiger as the body pulls up and then one of the UAT people says "He's OK, he's the pizza delivery guy". 

It would actually be funny if the rolls were reversed, but since they are not.....BOYCOTT Old Navy!

Reversed rolls are still rolls...Did the tiger bring bread to the tailgate? Im confused  ;)

Come on people, let the turds dream, their world came to an end last year. You have to admit, considering 95% of their clothing is bammer related , great marketing if you ask me.

I sent Old Navy an email about the commercial.  Here is their reply:

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our SuperFan Nation commercial. We appreciate the time you've taken to contact us to share your thoughts. We're sorry for any confusion this commercial has caused. Please know, it was not our intent to create tension between these teams.

Please note, when the Auburn fan shows up, the people in the garage say "Who's that guy"; if they were expecting a pizza, they would not have to ask that question. The Auburn fan is not delivering a pizza, he simply brought a pizza to the party. The commercial portrays the positive message of two rival teams coming together to enjoy football!

If we may be of further assistance, please contact us at custserv@oldnavy.com or by calling 1-800-OLD-NAVY (1-800-653-6289).

Sincerely,

DJ

Customer Service Consultant

Like I've said before, if I could stomach it and could make it a whole day without vomiting violently, I would open a bama fever shop. Those updykes will buy anything with a mullet A on it. You would make a fortune. I couldn't take looking at that crap all day though.

The only people who always find what they are looking for in life are the fault finders.

Exactly.  My mother called me to mention she saw Auburn in an Old Navy commercial.  She didn't even notice the others in the commercial, she saw only what she was interested in seeing.

Can't fault Old Navy. They couldn't care less about Auburn and bammer unless it means they sell more clothing by using them. Smart marketing.

Can't fault Old Navy. They couldn't care less about Auburn and bammer unless it means they sell more clothing by using them. Smart marketing.

But they po'd one half of the target audience. Smart ?

WDE !!!

Not everyone perceives it the same way you do. If you can't laugh at yourself, everyone else will. Rightfully so. Everything that happens in the world is not some huge media conspiracy slight against Auburn. Chips are much better with dip than on shoulders. There are several ways to look at that commercial spot, why is it that some can only perceive it negatively?

WDE!!!

Folks, this is only Old Navy's attempt to compete directly with Walmart for that bammer sports fan dollar.  Think nothing of it.

In fact, I think someone mentioned the price of the pizza was $28.27.  :laugh:

WDE !!!

They know that Auburn fans are smarter than bammer fans because bammers will buy a piece of plywood as long as it has an A on it. It's the reason Sports Illustrated puts bammer players on the cover so much. Bammers buy four to five copies of them.

WDE !!!

Not half of the target audience.  I'm in Texas and the commercial is on here.  I thought it was cool.  Although at first I thought it was a pizza delivery guy.  At the end I saw them all together and realized what she said. 

My point is that this a national commercial not a local one.  It could have been any other rivalry, but they choose ours. 

Like I've said before, if I could stomach it and could make it a whole day without vomiting violently, I would open a bama fever shop. Those updykes will buy anything with a mullet A on it. You would make a fortune. I couldn't take looking at that crap all day though.

My wife is a teacher and every year they make these baskets up full of items with themes for each one, then they auction them off.  I have always told her to go out and buy the cheapest Alabama crap that you can find and she will make a killing.  There were two last year and they went rediculously high.  There was one AU one and it didn't go for much at all.  I bid on it but not much.  Bammers will buy anything.

Archived