Channing Ward

PA Tiger

If one more kid commits and flops, I would not be happy. I would rather him wait to commit after he's taken all his visits.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why you guys are conceding him to Ole Mrs. just yet. Reliable poster on TOS says the coaches feel good about him.

Coaches felt good about TJ Yeldon until he flipped to bama.

UAT coaches felt good about C. Sanders as well... & Ole Miss about Whitehead... etc...

We have had more than our share to switch every year to us... so why this consistent Chicken Little garbage?

= part of the recruiting game...

AU will get a great incoming class this year... and I fully expect the next month to get really interesting as possibly some new names pop up on our radar...

Agreed. I have never seen so many people with insecurity issues. Folks need to grow a pair!

I'm with Ellitor. I am sick and tired of the references to Yeldon. They are old, tiresome and need to be laid to rest. Besides, Auburn has done it's fair share of flipping and will continue to do so. This is the nature of recruiting. And, oh by the way, Nick does not always get the players he wants. Quit building him up to be a legend in your own mind.

LauraMcKeemanLaura McKeeman

Great interview with Channing Ward just now. I think people that watch this will have a good idea where he's going. Check Scout.com soon!

11 minutes ago  Favorite  Retweet  Reply

LauraMcKeemanLaura McKeeman

Great interview with Channing Ward just now. I think people that watch this will have a good idea where he's going. Check Scout.com soon!

11 minutes ago  Favorite  Retweet  Reply

Heard she said Ole MRs.

Anyone summarize?

He's going to Ole Miss.  This is one that hurts.  Ward is a real difference maker and a guy AU felt really good about even 2-3 weeks ago.

His mom has been pressuring him to stay close to home for months now.

So why don't we just move their home closer to Auburn.  Isn't that legal now?

he says 60% chance he stays in state

That's okay.  If he wants to feel like he's in Mississippi, he'll only be about an hour drive away from Montgomery.  :-X

I don't think the ward residence is mobile. I don't know the laws regarding moving homes but I imagine it's hard to sneak a house down 280 without someone noticing.

If he chooses Ole Miss then he might play in a bowl game by the time he is a junior.

Him playing in Atlanta will have to wait until he goes pro....

I don't think the ward residence is mobile. I don't know the laws regarding moving homes but I imagine it's hard to sneak a house down 280 without someone noticing.

Well, I wasn't being literal...more of an upgrade in a new location, so to speak.  I've heard that bama has had success helping with the Rent.

I think this guy goes to Ole Miss, but i think his heart is at auburn, but he cant due to his brother. JMHO

I think his mom is pushing him more. At least it's not like another recruit's situation. That recruit's mom is not going to be at the UA game for her son when he commits because she does not like the choice he made.

I'm gonna hold out hope on this one. If his heart is truly at AU, I think the family (mother) will come around.

I hope you're right, but more times than not when it's 50/50, the instate school wins.

I'm gonna hold out hope on this one. If his heart is truly at AU, I think the family (mother) will come around.

I hope you're right, but more times than not when it's 50/50, the instate school wins.

yeah, that's true. Marcus Lattimore...

yeah, that's true. Marcus Lattimore...

Well in that case we actually had a solid lead at one point.

per mapquest ... aberdeen, ms is 1hr-40mins from oxford and 4hrs-23min to auburn.  i know every family is different, but that is not a big enough difference to prevent me from having my kid go where he wants to go.

the coaches need to have the current auburn players/parents from mississippi to tell channing's mom they would be happy to help get channing and his mom back and forth between auburn and aberdeen so she will see the "family" that auburn's football team is.  would make her more comfortable with her son's attendance to auburn.

per mapquest ... aberdeen, ms is 1hr-40mins from oxford and 4hrs-23min to auburn.  i know every family is different, but that is not a big enough difference to prevent me from having my kid go where he wants to go.

the coaches need to have the current auburn players/parents from mississippi to tell channing's mom they would be happy to help get channing and his mom back and forth between auburn and aberdeen so she will see the "family" that auburn's football team is.  would make her more comfortable with her son's attendance to auburn.

It's not that simple in this case.

Archived