Cameron Luper

CR

Interesting that ST says AU will offer Cameron Luper. He is an outstanding athlete, he punts for AHS as well as playing QB. AHS defeated Dothan 17-14 tonight. Older fans like myself might remember Alan Evans and Benji Roland, both have sons starting on the  Auburn high school team.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah good point about him just walking on, that would make sense to me. I would think it would also help us hold onto his dad for four more years.

Yeah good point about him just walking on, that would make sense to me. I would think it would also help us hold onto his dad for four more years.

He'd still count against our scholarship limit if the University pays his tuition in any way.

As a general rule coach's sons are usually extremely good players at every level...

Haven't seen him play yet, but I have heard he is an impact player on a top-10 6A program...

just saying...

Slight resemblance between Cameron Luper and Cameron Echols.  Could they be related?  ;)

Hope he comes as a Special Invited Walkon.  I'm sure Cameron would be treated same as scholarship players. 

I did quite a bit of hunting with Benji and Kurt Crain (Before he left to coach at USA) while I was in Auburn.  What position is Mitchell playing?

Slight resemblance between Cameron Luper and Cameron Echols.  Could they be related?   ;)

Hope he comes as a Special Invited Walkon.  I'm sure Cameron would be treated same as scholarship players. 

Lol right....Cameron Echols-Luper is a BALLER!!! I saw him play last season against Spain Park....dominated.

Texas Tiger, not sure what Alan is doing these days. I think he worked at the BF Goodrich plant when it closed, but I don't know what he went into after that.

Alan Evans was a nice man, I was living in Enterprise when he was there, thought he would be the greatest until someone name Bo came along. They were both Freshman at Auburn together I think, and another pretty good back there that kind of pushed Alan down a little.

How about Benji's son? I am from the town next to Eastman Ga.  Be Jim played at Dodge Co High.  What position does his son play and what grade is he in? Also anyone know what Benji is doing these days?

Man I must be getting old!!

22, Mitchell is a senior linebacker for the high school tigers. I wouldn't think he was a major D1 prospect, but he is a hard-nosed player who  loves to hit. Benji still resides in Auburn, but I don't know anything other than that.

• 4 months later...

WANT this kid!  Everything I have heard/seen about him is that he is a baller!  Not a dynamic QB, but the type of kid that is electric with the ball in his hands and should be one the field somewhere. 

Not to say Cam is not worthy of a scholly, but do you think he would walk on at AU considering his dad is a coach and receives tuition for Cam free (so would not need scholly?)  I wouldn't want to "insult" the kid by asking him to walk on, but it would make sense towards numbers, right??

I agree, you handle him like every other prospect.  If he's good enough (and by all indications appears to fit the bill), you offer him a scholarship.  If I were in Coach Luper's position I would want my kid to be treated just like every other kid we recruited. 

When you look at it, ultimately, who really cares whose paying?  If Cam gets in the rotation walk on or not that is really all that matters.  

Scholly numbers will be much tighter next year....that's why I was wondering if he would be ok just walking on because that is no way reflective of his athletic ability in this circumstance.  

Regardless....I want him and I feel like we have a pretty good shot of landing him  ;)

This will be an interesting situation.  If bammer offers him, it will be interesting to see how  :devil:  handles his recruitment.  I would think he would not be able to do all of the under-handed, dirty, shady, illegal things he normally does, so basically he would have to act like a normal recruiter.  Coach Luper will also get some insight into just how bammer does things during the recruitment of these kids.

You know that  :devil: will want him, just to keep us from getting him.

War Eagle!!

Archived