Cameron Luper

CR

So, what position would he play? I watched about 5 minutes of that video and it seemed like as soon as the ball was snapped he was taking off towards the sideline or throwing off his back foot so QB doesn't seem like the position.

Not many 5'11 quarterbacks out there my friend. I think you'd see him in the slot.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does the Auburn High 'A' look like a Bama 'A'?

It's an accrilic A. Does not look like Bammer's A

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQj96qMJNAPVOWjsIJxJTuDKefYgnF_nj-Noi3Cg06xGdXM_qpBnFTNSGwQimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmSxDBovTtSE08VFvqopSj0XKQ36rHR2eqNYxVojDFhOi0YICIbA

Forgive me in advance for introducing this Gumpness to our holy board. But after closer look, they aren't that similar.

:we: :we: :we:

They aren't similar at all.

Back to Luper, if he weren't Lupers son would you still talk about this kid? I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but he seems like the average kid that takes advantage of awful high school tackling and he has an advantage because nobody is covering him most of the time.

I'm sorry, I just don't see him being a player at Auburn.

Back to Luper, if he weren't Lupers son would you still talk about this kid? I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but he seems like the average kid that takes advantage of awful high school tackling and he has an advantage because nobody is covering him most of the time.

I agree, the "A" doesn't look similar to bammer's at all.

I also agree that we shouldn't be going up against the likes of UTEP, Toledo, etc. for a player.

Luper runs a 4.34 forty. How many people do u know that run that fast.

I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but ...  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The rest of your statement could be true with every other player on the field.  So why is it that he is the only one that seems to be taking advantage of everybody's poor tackling or lack of covering?  Is that because he is CCL son.  Just sayin.

You know how many guys they say run 4.3 forties every year? If you watched the same film as me, that's not 4.3 speed at all.

TXaubuie,

Take off your O&B blinders man, this kid is only getting attention here because who his father is.

You know how many guys they say run 4.3 forties every year? If you watched the same film as me, that's not 4.3 speed at all.

TXaubuie,

Take off your O&B blinders man, this kid is only getting attention here because who his father is.

Heh, yeah I was just scrolling to the end of the thread to say the exact thing. Kid looks solid, but true 4.3 guys breakaway when it seems they'll be tackled.

honestly I think he is good enough to get a scholly but I think he would be a really good DB. If he played offense here thats where some issues arise becuase some players will just be naturaly jealous of the coaches kid. But I really do think he would be a good to great DB.

I watched the film, and while I will say that there weren't any overly phenomenal throws, he sill appeared to be well in command of the position through impeccable field awareness.  I don't think he benefited nearly as much from poor tackling as others have suggested.  I think rather, that he was continuously able to put himself in the places he needed to be to make a tackle difficult by understanding the way that the play was developing better than any other person on the field.  An example of this would be how, despite numerous cut backs and evasive maneuvers, he rarely (if ever) allows himself to be caught by backside pursuit.  This suggests that he has a pretty good idea at all times not only about his own position on the field, but everyone else's as well.  This hyper-awareness and high football IQ, combined with an obvious athleticism, and seemingly no fear of contact, leads me to believe that Cam could develop in a game changing type of safety.  I don't know how much time he's spent on that side of the ball, so he might be a "high-upside" project-type of DB prospect and might need to red-shirt.  But then again who knows, he could pick it up just like that.  Because if there is one thing that his film suggests above all others, its that this kid's mind is clearly moving faster than his feet - which is pretty astounding for a kid reported to run a 4.36.

... kid's mind is clearly moving faster than his feet - which is pretty astounding for a kid reported to run a 3.36.

I am guessing a 3.36 is pretty fast, huh???  :laugh:

Whoops. Yeah, the kid's fast but not quite that fast.  Fixed it in the OP.

Auburn High School's Cameron Luper won the long jump at the 6A state indoor track meet today with a jump of 23-6.75. That was more than a foot longer than 2nd place.

Congrats to Cam and his family.  :thumbsup:

He has also run a hand timed 4.34 40.

AHSAA sanctions the 60 Meter Dash.  Luper finished 8th with a 7.51.  The first four finalists all beat the existing state record. 

SIAP but CCL wants Cam to play on defense.

Any idea whether he is looking at a CB or S type role? I would imagine (running a sub 4.4 forty) that he would be a shut down corner at 6'. Then again if he has good breaking speed on the ball he could be an INT machine at safety. Wanna see him on orange and blue no matter what position he plays though he looks very impressive. Based on that tape I would even like to see him as a kick returner, even RB if he can get close to/ over 200 lb.

Archived