Cameron Luper

CR

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If his parents pay 100% of his college cost, he is not a counter against the limits.

I am not sure how this works when a parent is an employee of the school. Not sure if they would claim that the University was indirectly paying his way.

He would have to take a scholarship. No other way around it.

I would say look at how Sunseri was handled for bama, and if he took up a scholarship spot, there's obviously no way around it.

Of course, you need some sort of security clearance to get that info.

If his parents pay 100% of his college cost, he is not a counter against the limits.

I am not sure how this works when a parent is an employee of the school. Not sure if they would claim that the University was indirectly paying his way.

If the University is paying for it, it is viewed as a Scholarship.  :cool:

Isn't it if you work for the University your kids go there free? If that is the case have him walk on so we dont have to burn a scholly!

Could only be considered a walk on if he actually paid his own way even if he get's to go free because his dad is a coach.

Just from what he says on twitter, i think he would pick track over football and if he gets a track scholarship offer from someone in TX he's probably gone.

He will have a lot of options. I can't blame him for wanting to go out west, since he spent time there growing up. Regardless, I'm sure with the upbringing and coaching that he has benefitted from, he will succeed.

• 1 month later...

Auburn could always give Mr. Luper a raise that covers the expenses associated with college.  That would be a violation, unless it was just wrapped up in his yearly raise and no one knew what the money was for.

Auburn could always give Mr. Luper a raise that covers the expenses associated with college.  That would be a violation, unless it was just wrapped up in his yearly raise and no one knew what the money was for.

If the coaches want him they will give him a scholly like Bammer did with Sunseri.

Really funny note... He has received a lot of letters from Alabama.  They might be the most unread letters ever!!

Yet another reason to call them 'treekillers'.  ;)

Great idea! Let me give Chiz a buzz and run it by him. Seriously, great idea. Sounds like something Saban would do.

Great idea! Let me give Chiz a buzz and run it by him. Seriously, great idea. Sounds like something Saban would do.

:laugh:  Don't forget the yellow font!

At which time I'll be offended.

At which time I'll be offended.

When he was borned he received a half scholarship from AU because dad is a fulltime AU employee.

All of this talk about how to get CL without burning a scholly is prob not going to happen and shouldn't. If we want the guy, we need to offer. It shouldn't be based on anything other than what he will bring to AU and the coaches will decide. Must admit, I'm pulling hard though.

All of this talk about how to get CL without burning a scholly is prob not going to happen and shouldn't. If we want the guy, we need to offer. It shouldn't be based on anything other than what he will bring to AU and the coaches will decide. Must admit, I'm pulling hard though.

1000% AGREED!

i am guessing they have evaluated him like any other player at certain positions - DB/WR - and have have him rated as compared to other prospects.  They then will go about the recruitment based on the "can we get him - how does he fit" point of view from there.  This is the reason he will be a scholarship athlete just like anyone else or a walkon just like anyone else. 

I for one would not have gone to the school my dad coached at.  He seemed jazzed to get an offer from TCU.  Between track and his old roots there, that may end up being his school.  Kinda like the guy we missed on last year.  Track became the thing that got TCU over Auburn.  Which I dont really understand, cuz auburn's track team is solid.

I don't think so, but he did name Auburn along with TCU and a few others in his top 5 teams.

Does he have an AU offer?

Not yet and I would put the chances of him getting one at this point pretty low.

Archived