Cameron Luper

CR

Has  :devil: asked for an in-house visit?

that would be a site to see...   :devil: sitting in Coach Luper's living room trying to convince him why harveyU is better than Auburn.   Coach Luper then stands up and punches  :devil: in his face and says War Damn Eagle!

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Way bammer offers Cam.  Aint gonna happen.    It would be like Auburn asking Paul Bryant JR to advise the athletic department. 

WANT this kid!  Everything I have heard/seen about him is that he is a baller!  Not a dynamic QB, but the type of kid that is electric with the ball in his hands and should be one the field somewhere. 

Not to say Cam is not worthy of a scholly, but do you think he would walk on at AU considering his dad is a coach and receives tuition for Cam free (so would not need scholly?)  I wouldn't want to "insult" the kid by asking him to walk on, but it would make sense towards numbers, right??

Under this situation, as a "recruited athlete" he would still be receiving "institutional aid" and thus he would be considered a counter toward the 85 (and I think 25 as well).

As I understand the rules, the only way he would not be a counter is if he or his family paid 100% of  the tuition out of their pocket. If I were a recruiting coordinator, that is what I would do.

He'll receive a scholarship. They wouldn't take advantage of the situation by not offering him one and telling him to walk-on.

Pretty sure coach Lup would have to pay tuition. If I understand the rules right, any kind of scholarship counts against the totals, even if a kid qualifies for an academic or "my daddy is a coach" scholarship. Another one of the rules they put in to keep Bear and others like him from cheating. I think the only way around it is if a kid pays his way with $$. Didn't Van Tiffin's kid do this at bama?

This will be an interesting situation.  If bammer offers him, it will be interesting to see how  :devil:  handles his recruitment.  I would think he would not be able to do all of the under-handed, dirty, shady, illegal things he normally does, so basically he would have to act like a normal recruiter.  Coach Luper will also get some insight into just how bammer does things during the recruitment of these kids.

You know that  :devil: will want him, just to keep us from getting him.

War Eagle!!

But, but, but, does any of his family or friends need a job?

WANT this kid!  Everything I have heard/seen about him is that he is a baller!  Not a dynamic QB, but the type of kid that is electric with the ball in his hands and should be one the field somewhere. 

Not to say Cam is not worthy of a scholly, but do you think he would walk on at AU considering his dad is a coach and receives tuition for Cam free (so would not need scholly?)  I wouldn't want to "insult" the kid by asking him to walk on, but it would make sense towards numbers, right??

Under this situation, as a "recruited athlete" he would still be receiving "institutional aid" and thus he would be considered a counter toward the 85 (and I think 25 as well).

As I understand the rules, the only way he would not be a counter is if he or his family paid 100% of  the tuition out of their pocket. If I were a recruiting coordinator, that is what I would do.

Great minds...

This will be an interesting situation.  If bammer offers him, it will be interesting to see how  :devil:  handles his recruitment.  I would think he would not be able to do all of the under-handed, dirty, shady, illegal things he normally does, so basically he would have to act like a normal recruiter.  Coach Luper will also get some insight into just how bammer does things during the recruitment of these kids.

War Eagle!!

That was my first thought.......Saban calls CCL and offers him a job and offers his son at the same time.

War Eagle!!

That was my first thought.......Saban calls CCL and offers him a job and offers his son at the same time.

Not so fast -- if we play our cards right, we can get an Arkansas booster to "donate" to Auburn High. 

Well, he has said AU is his favorite, although he does not have an offer yet.  Someone email our recruiting coordinator to get this kid on the coach's radar!!!  :laugh:

I had to laugh at his 247 page....it has all his "unofficials" to AU listed, like every game last season!  Wonder how he hooked himself up with that!

The unofficials I am pretty sure knock him out of walk on status anyways, because I think the NCAA rule is that a walk on can not be "recruited" in any way. 

Maybe if we get his step-dad a job at the University it will sway him our way!  I know other schools have had some luck with that. 

Well, he has said AU is his favorite, although he does not have an offer yet.  Someone email our recruiting coordinator to get this kid on the coach's radar!!!  :laugh:

I had to laugh at his 247 page....it has all his "unofficials" to AU listed, like every game last season!  Wonder how he hooked himself up with that!

The unofficials I am pretty sure knock him out of walk on status anyways, because I think the NCAA rule is that a walk on can not be "recruited" in any way. 

Not an expert at this but don't kids that we recruit but not offer scholly's to, sometimes get invited as walk-ons? Isn't a bait-and-switch whereby a scholly offered kid gets a walk-on invite instead of a scholly a week before signing day... one of  :devil:'s recruiting practices?

it would not surprise me in the least if he went to anther school ... kinda like "blazing his own trail".

if he comes to auburn then he should be on scholarship.  luper is destined to be a head coach at a small D1 school in the next 5 years and cam should stand on his own merits.  (although as a selfish auburn fan, i would like the scholly used to gain an additional great athlete)

From my understanding, any student who receives free tution and plays a sport couts against that sports scholarship totals.  So a kid with a baseball full ride, but also plays football; counts for both sports.  So even if he "walked on" he would count against the 85.  I believe this to be the case anyway.

Cam has actually been to my house before and we were talking football. He said at the time he was recieving a lot of attention from Oregon, and they were a serious candidate. I did'nt know that much about him at the time I just knew he was Coach Luper's son. He seems like a really good kid and seems to have football knowledge like his dad. He would be a good addition. I had asked him what position he played rb? He said no he was a qb but Coach Luper really wanted him to play defense.

Why does the Auburn High 'A' look like a Bama 'A'?

It's an accrilic A. Does not look like Bammer's A

If you look closely, you'll notice that (like those who display it) the Updyke A proudly sports a mullet for all to see.  The Auburn High A has no mullet. 

Has  :devil: asked for an in-house visit?

that would be a site to see...   :devil: sitting in Coach Luper's living room trying to convince him why harveyU is better than Auburn.   Coach Luper then stands up and punches  :devil: in his face and says War Damn Eagle!

Yes, I'd trade my bowl tickets to see that.   :laugh:

So, what position would he play? I watched about 5 minutes of that video and it seemed like as soon as the ball was snapped he was taking off towards the sideline or throwing off his back foot so QB doesn't seem like the position.

Archived