Kevin Scarbinsky Article

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this talk is bad for the team.  >:(

Turning a blind eye to obvious issues that have existed for three+ years could also be bad for the team as well though. We didn't mind at first because it was a new staff overall. We didn't mind last year because we had two dominant players that helped us mask everything. We mind it this year because with your usual player this defensive coordinator is not doing things the way that will give us the best chance to win.

Turning a blind eye to obvious issues that have existed for three+ years could also be bad for the team as well though. We didn't mind at first because it was a new staff overall. We didn't mind last year because we had two dominant players that helped us mask everything. We mind it this year because with your usual player this defensive coordinator is not doing things the way that will give us the best chance to win.

Agree.  :thumbsup:

Please don't forget about the attrition with Tubberville's last 2 recruiting classes and the fact that there are only two complete recruiting classes under the new staff.  We lost Krist Frost to injury in the offseason as well.  The coaches should have the players we are fielding playing better, but we cannot expect freshmen and sophmores to perform at the level of Juniors and Seniors.  The sky isn't falling...

Is Scarbo an AE member? Come on Kevin, show yourself.

I would be if I was him. Get up to date information for free.  ;) Sometimes with a nice AU Spin :laugh: :laugh:

I have no problem with scab's article. He told the truth. The truth just happens to hurt. What do you want him to write? "Come on guys, quit criticizing Roof." "Way to try, defense. I know you're not performing but you sure look good in your uniforms and, golly gee whiz, you really wanted to tackle him." You can hear that kind of stuff at a little girl's rec league softball game.

If I were the DC instead of Roof, I wouldn't have put a 5'6" kick returner in at safety when Zac Etheridge was hurt in 2009. Nor would I have taken the red shirt off a freshman linebacker for the Bama game that year. I wouldn't have started that kick returner at cornerback in 2010. And I wouldn't have played a safety who hadn't played in more than two years, a safety who hadn't played in more than a year, or a safety who wasn't cleared to play until the week before the first game in 2010. Instead I would have brought out the clones of Junior Rosegreen, Karlos Dansby and Carlos Rogers and played them. Excuses, excuses.

Our most experienced and talented safety is waiting to be tried for armed robbery instead of playing. That's just an excuse.

After three whole games our collection of sophomore and true freshmen interior linemen aren't playing up to a level near that of last year's linemen, all of whom are in the NFL now? Fire Mike Pelton now.

After three whole games as a starter, Jake Holland is still making the same mistakes Josh Bynes was making well into his junior year? Shame on Holland.

Our only weakside linebacker with any experience at all was injured,  so we started the game in a nickel defense and our best cornerback was injured in the first quarter? That's just an excuse.

:pcprobs:

If I were the DC instead of Roof, I wouldn't have put a 5'6" kick returner in at safety when Zac Etheridge was hurt in 2009. Nor would I have taken the red shirt off a freshman linebacker for the Bama game that year. I wouldn't have started that kick returner at cornerback in 2010. And I wouldn't have played a safety who hadn't played in more than two years, a safety who hadn't played in more than a year, or a safety who wasn't cleared to play until the week before the first game in 2010. Instead I would have brought out the clones of Junior Rosegreen, Karlos Dansby and Carlos Rogers and played them. Excuses, excuses.

Our most experienced and talented safety is waiting to be tried for armed robbery instead of playing. That's just an excuse.

After three whole games our collection of sophomore and true freshmen interior linemen aren't playing up to a level near that of last year's linemen, all of whom are in the NFL now? Fire Mike Pelton now.

After three whole games as a starter, Jake Holland is still making the same mistakes Josh Bynes was making well into his junior year? Shame on Holland.

Our only weakside linebacker with any experience at all was injured,  so we started the game in a nickel defense and our best cornerback was injured in the first quarter? That's just an excuse.

:laugh::bow:

Best post EVER on the subject of Auburn's defensive woes.  :bow::thumbsup::we:

Have you ever seen a group of young men lose confidence in their leaders? Well, I have and it is much worse than this when that happens.

:bow:

Have you ever seen a group of young men lose confidence in their leaders? Well, I have and it is much worse than this when that happens.

Also seen how that starts.

Last year we didn't start with any expectation we would run the table and win the NC.  We managed (barely) to win our first few games and the team finally found an identity and 'clicked' when we played SC (even though round 1 was still a close game).  I was at the Clemson game last year and we were VERY lucky to escape with a win (I remember a wide open Clemson receiver dropping a ball in the end-zone).  I was at the Clemson game this year and we weren't so lucky.

Last year we started with a bunch of seniors.  This year, not so much.  The Vegas over/under on victories for AU this year is 6.  I have faith the coaches can make those betting the under to pay!  I do think Pat Dye made the best point in an interview prior to the season...and I'll paraphrase 'This is a young team.  My experience with young teams is that they will win some games they shouldn't, and lose some games they shouldn't.'  We're not going to win out this year (much as I'd love to see it), but I do expect our coaches and team will show steady improvement.  Its going to be an interesting year...but it is FAR from over!

:we: :we:

KWdaves...the voice of reason...is this normal?  Good post.  The difference between Nick, Zach, Blanc, Bynes, etc and a bunch of frosh/redshirts is not going to be overcome in three games...or even six games.  Give 'em some time.

:we:

KWdaves...the voice of reason...is this normal?  Good post.  The difference between Nick, Zach, Blanc, Bynes, etc and a bunch of frosh/redshirts is not going to be overcome in three games...or even six games.   Give 'em some time.

:we:

No, according to my family and friends it isn't normal, but allow me to add to it anyway.

Craig Stevens was suspended for the first three games last year and really didn't get into playing form for several other games. Was it just a coincidence that our tackling on wide plays (screens, options and the like) improved after that?

No SEC team has repeated as conference champion, much less the NC, in how long? It takes talent, leadership and experience. We have the talent (fingers crossed), but don't yet have the experience and haven't developed the leadership.

Ken Daves, Class of '68

Last year we didn't start with any expectation we would run the table and win the NC.  We managed (barely) to win our first few games and the team finally found an identity and 'clicked' when we played SC (even though round 1 was still a close game).  I was at the Clemson game last year and we were VERY lucky to escape with a win (I remember a wide open Clemson receiver dropping a ball in the end-zone).  I was at the Clemson game this year and we weren't so lucky.

Last year we started with a bunch of seniors.  This year, not so much.  The Vegas over/under on victories for AU this year is 6.  I have faith the coaches can make those betting the under to pay!  I do think Pat Dye made the best point in an interview prior to the season...and I'll paraphrase 'This is a young team.  My experience with young teams is that they will win some games they shouldn't, and lose some games they shouldn't.'  We're not going to win out this year (much as I'd love to see it), but I do expect our coaches and team will show steady improvement.  Its going to be an interesting year...but it is FAR from over!

:we: :we:

THANK YOU! The keyword is expectations. None of us wants to lose, but sometimes you learn more and grow more from a tough loss than an ugly win

It starts with crap like this. It's also bad for recruiting...... :banghead:

People need to shut up now, step back and take a deep breath, because none of them have a clue what it takes to coach in the SEC. I think our coaches have proven that they can do the job since Auburn won it all in 2010....and they did it without any help from message board experts or sports writers. What WAS HELPFUL was FAN SUPPORT, especially during the dark days of Cam's media persecution. Ted Roof does not need to replace Cam as the media scapegoat.

People need to shut up now, step back and take a deep breath, because none of them have a clue what it takes to coach in the SEC. I think our coaches have proven that they can do the job since Auburn won it all in 2010....and they did it without any help from message board experts or sports writers. What WAS HELPFUL was FAN SUPPORT, especially during the dark days of Cam's media persecution. Ted Roof does not need to replace Cam as the media scapegoat.

Right. We should sit, down shut up, and accept whatever crumbs the coaches throw our way.  Sorry, I didn't like the Ted Roof hire when Chizik brought him on board, and he's done nothing in that time to make me question my original stance.  Just because we won a NC doesn't mean every coach on staff is a NC caliber coach.  We won far too many games last year in spite of our defense and this year, Ted Roof doesn't have a dominant force in the middle of the DL to hide his ineptitude.

This is a message board. Emphasis on the word message. We are all going to talk about things. If the subject of the thread bothers you then don't read it. BTW, the PLAYERS get all of my support I can give. Certain coaches I don't feel great about but I trust in Chizik.

We have been critical of the coaching, more importantly a specific coach. If that coach is on this forum then he isn't doing his job. He should be watching film and figuring out how he gave up 624 yards of offense to an ACC team.

Archived