WE NEED 6 WINS

au_weagle

I think at this point, I think Ole Miss and Homecoming are must-wins. Neither should be a problem but you never know. After that, we need to go 1-5 against the really tough schedule we have. 1 win! It can come from anywhere, I really couldnt care less.

With such a young team, I really think that just having the bowl season to practice could get us a couple more wins next season. You never really appreciate it until you don't have it. Purely speculating here, but were we to need a new DC after the Bama game it would also be a great time to work in the system so we have something to go off of next spring. WE HAVE GOT TO MAKE IT TO A BOWL GAME.

I think we will certainly make a bowl game. We do have a tough schedule but you've obviously gotta assume homecoming is an easy victory. Aside from that, Ole Miss is really awful this year so I feel about as good as I can about that game--especially with it being at home. Also, Georgia looks pretty rough too.

But of our tougher games the rest of the way: @USC, @LSU, @ Arkansas, UF, and UAT, I think we can squeeze out at least one win, maybe two. Even in our loss to Clemson we were right there with a chance late to make a game of it and I think that's how much of this season will go...you just gotta hope we can edge out our opponents after sticking with them.

One last thing: I think we should be a considerably improved football team by November (especially if we're able to win a game in October as underdogs).

Getting to 6-6 and becoming bowl eligible would be a realistic goal for us at this point.  UGA may be a potential 6th win, especially if there are more rumblings about Richt begin fired toward the end of the season.  If Crowell gets hurts they are also down to their 4th or 5th string RB.

Three wins doesn't seem like much with Samford and Ole Miss at home, but I'm afraid it's going to be tough to do. This weekend and Georgia will be our best chance to get it.

Wow...some people are ready to jump off of a bridge already, somebody gather up the body bags.

While I know people have wanted to see Auburn play better to this point, including myself, I also realize that you don't just lose 20+ contributing players and expect to not have a drop off.  From what I have seen, the players on defense are pretty much in the right place with a few exceptions of bad angles, just have not finished.  On offense, we have 4-5 players who contributed last year, combined with 6 newbies.  It takes time to form that bond of knowing what to do in certain situations during a game.

I agree with the Ole Miss/Samford should be wins but who knows, we could also slip up.  On the other hand, I do believe that we have the coaching staff in place, along with enough "real" talent that there will be days when everybody is working on the same page and we will get a preview of years to come.

I believe that :

South Carolina - possible, not a bad match-up except for Jeffrey

Arkansas - doubtfull, not a good matchup

Florida - possible, at home should help

LSU - really doubtful, they may be best team in country

Georgia - possible, we should be much better by the end of October

Updyke U. - possible, at home and better matchup than Arky/LSU

I really believe we win 2 out of SC, Fla, and Ga plus Ole Miss and Samford.  I think we go into the IB with a 7-4 record and a chance to make this a banner year by ruining bammers BCS hopes.

Just my opinion....

:wareagle:

October: 3-2

November: sweep

= 9-3

IF we stay healthy, and pull out a 3-2 October, I see us sweeping November as well. War Eagle! Beat SC!

I think at this point, I think Ole Miss and Homecoming are must-wins. Neither should be a problem but you never know. After that, we need to go 1-5 against the really tough schedule we have. 1 win! It can come from anywhere, I really couldnt care less.

With such a young team, I really think that just having the bowl season to practice could get us a couple more wins next season. You never really appreciate it until you don't have it. Purely speculating here, but were we to need a new DC after the Bama game it would also be a great time to work in the system so we have something to go off of next spring. WE HAVE GOT TO MAKE IT TO A BOWL GAME.

Quoting Jesse Palmer, 6 wins and a bowl game appearance would be a success for AU this season.  But, he doesn't see 6 wins.  I'm not anywhere confident in calculating this season's wins, but I will say no game is a gimme anymore.  Not sure if we can reach 6 wins. 

= 9-3

Man I would take 3-2 in October.  If that happened then Sweeping November could too.

USCe - they have struggled on offense.  Looked bad against Navy, UGA and Vandy.  60% chance we lose because of away game and they will score some points.

Ark - Unless we can get to their QB we are dead.  Although they did give up 28 points to Troy. 70% chance we lose.

UF - Has to play Bama and LSU back to back before us.  50% chance to win.  If they get blown out by both teams our chances increase.

LSU - They look like the best team in the country.  The only chance is they overlook us but I doubt it.  1%

Ole Miss - 80% chance we win.  Ole Miss is a mess right now.

UGA - 50% chance.  UGA deciding to go with the biggest D-Linemen and O-Line they could find has made them very slow up front.

Samford - 90% chance we win.

Bama - its always 50/50.

I think we get 1 to 2 wins in October.

November we go 2-1. 

I think we make a bowl game.  More that 6 wins should give CGC another coach of the year award.

If we upset LSU, USCe or Ark it will be huge momentum for this year.  Bama better watch out.  No matter what happens before we play them we are going to be very dangerous.

= 9-3

Man I would take 3-2 in October.  If that happened then Sweeping November could too.

USCe - they have struggled on offense.  Looked bad against Navy, UGA and Vandy.  60% chance we lose because of away game and they will score some points.

Ark - Unless we can get to their QB we are dead.  Although they did give up 28 points to Troy. 70% chance we lose.

UF - Has to play Bama and LSU back to back before us.  50% chance to win.  If they get blown out by both teams our chances increase.

LSU - They look like the best team in the country.  The only chance is they overlook us but I doubt it.  1%

Ole Miss - 80% chance we win.  Ole Miss is a mess right now.

UGA - 50% chance.  UGA deciding to go with the biggest D-Linemen and O-Line they could find has made them very slow up front.

Samford - 90% chance we win.

Bama - its always 50/50.

I think we get 1 to 2 wins in October.

November we go 2-1. 

I think we make a bowl game.  More that 6 wins should give CGC another coach of the year award.

If we upset LSU, USCe or Ark it will be huge momentum for this year.  Bama better watch out.  No matter what happens before we play them we are going to be very dangerous.

Way too optimistic IMO.  I want to believe we can win 6 games.  I just don't see the 6th win anywhere.  In addition, it concerns me when the coaches say the team has played better defense against FAU.  I don't understand that really.  Realistically, I think we possibly beat Samford and Ole Miss putting us at 5 wins.  Every other game we are overmatched.  Not saying we can't win one of those or more, but based on performance, can't say that at this point. 

Three wins doesn't seem like much with Samford and Ole Miss at home, but I'm afraid it's going to be tough to do. This weekend and Georgia will be our best chance to get it.

yep.

I sure am glad I'm not as pessimistic as most.  I'm looking at the schedule and don't see a guaranteed loss on there.  Some games will be tougher than others, but I've seen enough flashes out of Auburn to believe they have a chance to win any game if they can just be consistent for 4 quarters.

I haven't seen enough from anybody on our schedule (except maybe LSU) to know for certain any of them are better than Clemson, and we were looking pretty good in that game at times.

Let's take it one game at a time. There might be one or two pleasant surprises a long the way.  :we:

Guesses will be much more realistic after the SCar. competition.......FAU did not mean anything------goood or bad.......

Our SCar performance will set the stage for the remainder of this season...........We win big  and us pickers will be saying 7 or 8 wins...........If we stink, ........you know

Archived