I keep waiting

war eagle1345162802

For that moment when the Tigers start making believers out of some people. Probably right now, they need to believe in themselves first, but man I miss that feeling of respect they had last year. I am waiting for somebody to step up and be the heart of this team, and capture the hearts of the fans! We just don't have that person yet. Regardless of who steps up, I am ready for it to happen so we can get back to Auburn Football. All it is going to take, in my opinion, is for a player to take the initiative and put everything on his shoulders. These young guys need leadership, someone to follow and look up to, someone to lay it on the line for and leave it all on the field! Until that happens, we, as fans, should be there for them like they are ranked #1 in the country!

Agreed.  However, I think Mike Dyer is that player (on offense anyway) and he just hasn't gotten enough touches to put up the huge numbers yet.  I think that starts to change this weekend...

I'm skeptical that we can stop Lattimore this year.  If we can keep him relatively contained and force Garcia to make plays, we have a chance.  That said, the way our pass offense is going... I don't know. 

How about this -- I hope we get the W!

:dunno:

I'm skeptical that we can stop Lattimore this year.  If we can keep him relatively contained and force Garcia to make plays, we have a chance.  That said, the way our pass offense is going... I don't know. 

How about this -- I hope we get the W!

:dunno:

Lattimore's gonna eat us alive.  Our defense will not stop him, all we can hope for is to contain him and limit his yardage, IMO.  And, if we have tackling issues we won't be able to even do that.  Garcia will make mistakes if we can get him out of his comfort zone.  Our D needs to get constant pressure on him and wear down their OLine in the first half. 

I don't know what to say about our offense.  They seemed to regress against FLaAtl on Saturday, when that should have been our shining moment.  Our OL broke down several times and Trotter looked lost at times.  I hope things really pickup and Dyer is given the ball early and often.  We have got to sustain long offensive drives to eat the clock up and give our defense a chance to rest and breakdown coverages while they are on the sideline. 

I believe the coaches will have our guys prepared and ready to play in a hostile environmet.  We'll just have to see how the players react.

I just can't be all positive or all negative about this game. Our young team is just too unpredictable. It could go either way. The problems are obvious but the coaches are outstanding, and the players are talented, so it could be the game where everything clicks. I sure hope so.

If we lose....I just see this season as a means to an end.  ;)

Archived