Maybe mentioned...but did Carter/Whitaker (DTs) play more snaps than usual?

jmb

Saw alot of #92 and #54 out there on the defense  line against USC....didn't see much ( if any ) of the freshman DTs.  Or did i miss them?  I saw where we played 4 DEs on passing situations...but just didn't see the 'wholesale' changes at the defensive tackle position that we had seen in past games.  Was it because of our D not being on the field as much or did we just played too many players in those first couple of games on the DL?  By the way...thought our DTs had a pretty good push up the middle against the run most of the time!

Not even sure the made the game, post game review said we only took about 55 guys to SC due to injuries.

weve been giving opponents 90+plays per game. this game was about 50 i think. that is around 40 less snaps for backups to get in.

I saw on a couple of occasions that Whitaker and Carter dropped back into coverage and Bates & Holland came on the pass rush. Had that defensive scheme been used in earlier games?

I believe the coaches realized the importance of leaving your best players on the field. Subbing the entire d-line doesnt make a lick of sense, unless you have a huge lead.

Archived