Tiger Hoops Madness

around4ever

Tweets from JHokanson.  Start at the bottom and read up. 

@JHokanson    Gabriel goes MJ from the free throw line in the final round, ties Denson's final round 50. Dunk-off tie. (Gabriel far away best dunker).

@JHokanson    Gabriel catches it off the side of the backboard and windmills it. This really isn't a contest.

@JHokanson    Kenny Gabriel just completed a sick dunk, caught the ball off the back side of the backboard coming in bounds and windmilled it.

@JHokanson    Marquis Daniels (BBall), Kendall Simmons (FBall), @JasonDufner (PGA), Sonny Smith (coach), John Mengelt (BBall) judges of dunk contest

@JHokanson    Coach Trooper Taylor in the arena. Huge recruiting weekend in Auburn.

@JHokanson    Kenny Gabriel wins the TIger Hoops Madness three-point shootout.

@JHokanson    PGA golfer @JasonDufner is celebrity shooter, he made one. He's good at golf though.

@JHokanson    Madness three point shootout going on, freshman Cedric McAfee has a nice shot, effortless.

Tweets from WarBlogle.

@WarBlogle  Another pretty sick nasty dunk by Kenny Gabriel. http://twitvid.com/NV4NU #auburn #hoopsmadness

@WarBlogle  Kenny Gabriel with one of the sickest dunks I've ever seen. http://twitvid.com/J1YM0 #auburn #hoopsmadness

@WarBlogle  Trooper Taylor in the house. #auburn #hoopsmadness

@WarBlogle  Jason Dufner in the 3-point shootout: http://twitvid.com/AK1GY #auburn #hoopsmadness

@WarBlogle  Auburn has two white guys and they can both dunk. Calling it right now. NCAA champs. #hoopsmadness

@WarBlogle  The crowd loves Chubb, and loves saying Chubb. #auburn #wareagle #hoopsmadness

@WarBlogle  Bo Jackson, Jason Dufner, Marquis Daniels, and Kendall Simmons in the house. #auburn #hoopsmadness

@WarBlogle  Tony Barbee enters Auburn Arena on the back of a stretch golf cart. http://twitvid.com/JCEBD

It was a blast. We had a good time and the team enjoyed it

Article on Scout said some players were held out due to injuries. Who and what are the extent of their injuries? I understand if you can't go into detail but any info you are allowed to give would be appreciated. TIA

it was a preety pitiful turnout im dissapointed in the Auburn family for not going out and supporting the team  :banghead:

They could have advertised it better.  A lot of people I know didn't know about it.

I'm really coming around on Auburn basketball but I haven't always kept up well (so forgive my ignorance) but have we always done a Tiger Hoops Madness kind of event? Or is it a Tony Barbee thing? Either way I think its a great idea.

I'm really coming around on Auburn basketball but I haven't always kept up well (so forgive my ignorance) but have we always done a Tiger Hoops Madness kind of event? Or is it a Tony Barbee thing? Either way I think its a great idea.

There have been a few different variations over the years, although I don't recall having them every year. I think this is the first year with this name. I know I went to a couple "Midnight Madness" ones during the Cliff years, maybe '99 and '00, somewhere around there. The one when Doc and Porter and the gang were Seniors was pretty successful for obvious reasons. Most are pretty lame and not well attended. Perhaps Barbee will change that.

We went to the Hoops Madness event and really enjoyed it. For any of you who are not quite into Auburn basketball, try to catch this bunch sometime this season. They are deeper, stronger, more athletic, and maybe most importantly, more confident than any of the AU teams we've had over the past decade or so.  Maybe I'm drinking the Barbee Kool-Aid, but I think this bunch is going to be really fun to watch and will make some noise this season.

My daughter had to go to a costume party on Fri night....really hat eI missed this.  I am excited about this team and I will be there for most of the home games. 

Archived