Updated 12/15- Recruiting update and Numbers breakdown

Guest jthaub

Over the first 10 years of Gene Chizik's coaching tenure at Auburn we are likely to see the following:

Recruiting:

3 top 2 finishes

5 top 4-7 finishes

2 top 10 finishes

Records:

An average of 10 wins a season

1 top 25 finishe

2 NC game appearances

5 top 15 finishes

Coaches:

5 coordinators

Look at anyone - LSU, Bama, etc anyone would love to have this kind of record every 10 years. Chizik has proven he can coach talent, proven he can get talent and proven he can manage the program to the high ethical standards of the University and its fans.

Even if the current class is 5-7, there will still be superb depth to blend in with the previous top 2-3 classes. With a better season next year the recruiting class will return to a top 2-3 spot. Next year - the seasoned talent on the roster will be from 3 top recruiting classes.

Most of the negativity, I think, is coming from those who can't see from the blinding brightness of the future that is Auburn Football. 

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand your frustration WDE but have I ever once said or implied I am an insider? No. In fact many times I have publicly said I am not an insider. All I try to do is do a lot of research from what is made public for you guys to give the most accurate info to back up what the Insiders have said or fill the holes in when we have not heard from insiders in a while.

E/ i enjoy the info you and a couple of others post as few of us others have the time or inclination to do the research. Your posts to me are not from a point of insider as you say you aren`t but one with the time and ability to post good info for us to agree with or not. Keep up the good work; it is appreciated by many of us.

I understand your frustration WDE but have I ever once said or implied I am an insider? No. In fact many times I have publicly said I am not an insider. All I try to do is do a lot of research from what is made public for you guys to give the most accurate info to back up what the Insiders have said or fill the holes in when we have not heard from insiders in a while.

E/ i enjoy the info you and a couple of others post as few of us others have the time or inclination to do the research. Your posts to me are not from a point of insider as you say you aren`t but one with the time and ability to post good info for us to agree with or not. Keep up the good work; it is appreciated by many of us.

^This^

Thanks E!  :thumbsup:

Over the first 10 years of Gene Chizik's coaching tenure at Auburn we are likely to see the following:

Recruiting:

3 top 2 finishes

5 top 4-7 finishes

2 top 10 finishes

Records:

An average of 10 wins a season

1 top 25 finishe

2 NC game appearances

5 top 15 finishes

Coaches:

5 coordinators

Look at anyone - LSU, Bama, etc anyone would love to have this kind of record every 10 years. Chizik has proven he can coach talent, proven he can get talent and proven he can manage the program to the high ethical standards of the University and its fans.

Even if the current class is 5-7, there will still be superb depth to blend in with the previous top 2-3 classes. With a better season next year the recruiting class will return to a top 2-3 spot. Next year - the seasoned talent on the roster will be from 3 top recruiting classes.

Most of the negativity, I think, is coming from those who can't see from the blinding brightness of the future that is Auburn Football. 

Me likey.  :thumbsup:

BM considers AU the team to beat for Goldman.

Gurley and Mathers top 2 RB prospects at the moment. A lot of work to do on both. Coaches will visit both recruits this week. Feels chances of getting both to visis in Jan. are over 50%. Kenno Loyal can be an option if we miss on the other 2 RBs. Feels he will flip if AU offers. Other RB targets D.J. Foster Scottsdale, Ariz., Wes Brown Good Counsel Olney, Md., Barry Sanders Oklahoma City, Okla., Randy Johnson Miami, Fla., and Marion Grice Blinn Community College

Still no word from the NCAA on ZP for early enrollment at AU. ruling expected early next week.

No OVs this weekend.

AU the team to beat for Goldman according to Bryan Matthews?

I would like to know some more about that, considering I believe he is leaning elsewhere.

:wedance:

Guest Montressor

Re:  Goldman, that's great if true.  But I won't get excited until the fax comes in.  That way, I'm not disappointed when these kids change their minds.

I would like to know some more about that, considering I believe he is leaning elsewhere.

Hokanson on TOS has an update on him as well as a note on DGB and Pike forming a relationship, but I can't read them. Anyone have any insight?

Re:  Goldman, that's great if true.  But I won't get excited until the fax comes in.  That way, I'm not disappointed when these kids change their minds.

^This^

But if we sign Goldman...  Me ===>  :party:

Hokanson on TOS has an update on him as well as a note on DGB and Pike forming a relationship, but I can't read them. Anyone have any insight?

I want to know more about this!

ok.....

may not take another rb unless omac goes pro - which isn't expected

thig made an in home with gurly today

au interest gaining on mathers

will continue to recruit ward - will be a tough fight to get him to flip

bush has been leanin au the whole way but canes have made a huge jump bc they are sellin proximity to home and all that...parents aren't pressuring deon to stay

liggins really high on au - had an in home with him but liggins will not decide until he visits au and ole miss watch out for au on this one

thats it from the war room...

i'll try to find the goldman update

oc/dc update -

chiz will be in san antone to interview both positions - no major hurry to hire either - but knows the sooner the better, especially with next weekends HUGE recruiting weekend

believes au leads for leonard williams - and have an edge on avery young

still lookin for goldman update

jlee also says - au has not offered safety moore

i know this is the recruitin board but....kerwin bell is interviewing for oc....most on that site seem to think he'd be a bad hire...i personally don't know his style but they say over there he has no discipline at the school he's at currently...

also as it has been posted on the football board leavitt has been contacted for interview for dc position....i personally like him....got a raw deal at s fla with incident with the usf player....

Would we take both Gurley and Mathers?

highly doubtful. Gurley is committing next Friday before he would get to visit anyway. I think we are done at RB with Mathers.

Anymore info on the Pike/DGB relationship?

Pike safely reached second base and is looking to steal 3rd before attempting to score. 

AUsome upcate waddle!

Good to hear on Liggins and that we are still on Ward, hope we get Bush but Moore is pretty good.....as for the OC I think discipline issues would prevent he and Chiz co-existing on a staff, really like Leavitt that would be a home run IMO

Looks like a good bit of movement, actually not unusual for this time of year, from the last update...

Any updates pending any time soon?

Appreciate the best recruiting thread on AU football...

Archived