Updated 12/15- Recruiting update and Numbers breakdown

Guest jthaub

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw an ESPN recruiting analyst today tweeted that UGA was getting ready to be deep in RBs. : That is all he said. Do u think he was thinking that Keith Marshall was going to commit soon to them

KM will probably pull the trigger fairly soon

I saw an ESPN recruiting analyst today tweeted that UGA was getting ready to be deep in RBs. : That is all he said. Do u think he was thinking that Keith Marshall was going to commit soon to them

They are getting three RB's back from suspension from failing their drug tests...

They are getting three RB's back from suspension from failing their drug tests...

This was a recruiting comment , not an existing player comment. It had something to do with someone getting ready to commit to them.

This was a recruiting comment , not an existing player comment. It had something to do with someone getting ready to commit to them.

Sorry this forum doesnt have a sarcasm font...  I was joking...

Back to the list - and thanks so much for putting it together. I pretty much only follow this list. I love the updates.

I would love for there to be a surprise like Eddie Goldman. i know he's a long shot. But, if the Iron Bowl is a good game, then these guys coming to see it are in for a challenging decision. If we pull an upset then I think we may see fireworks.

Noor Davis - I really hope we find room to get him in.

Stefon Diggs - One of my favorites of the non committed.

Kwon Alexander - this could be one of the best recruiting jobs by our staff. When he recovers he'll be outstanding.

War Eagle

Probably so. Marshall has been a heavy Georgia lean for some time now.

Also, it was rumored that Todd Gurley was committing to them earlier, but I think he refuted that.  I think they've got Marshall, though.

Also, it was rumored that Todd Gurley was committing to them earlier, but I think he refuted that.  I think they've got Marshall, though.

I saw a pic with Gurley and Marshall together at UGA. I think they are good friends and would like to play on the same team.

Or do we go with the best of what is available at any position?

I would think that we want 2 more OL, 2 more linebackers, 1 DL, 1DE, 2 more corners, 1 more WR, and the best of what is remaining?

I think Hutcherson grows into an offensive tackle, if not we have a Leonard Pope type of TE.  So one to 2 OL, one more secondary player, 2 more linebackers and the best available after that.  We will finally have a full roster, that excites me greatly.

I think Hutcherson grows into an offensive tackle, if not we have a Leonard Pope type of TE.  So one to 2 OL, one more secondary player, 2 more linebackers and the best available after that.  We will finally have a full roster, that excites me greatly.

Does any one else think Parks may get a look at LB? Seems like I read somewhere that he playing LB in an all-star game.

Does any one else think Parks may get a look at LB? Seems like I read somewhere that he playing LB in an all-star game.

He is playing LB in an all-star game, but he DEFINITELY WILL NOT get a look at LB. He will compete with Fulse and Hutcherson to be our next great H back / TE.

He is playing LB in an all-star game, but he DEFINITELY WILL NOT get a look at LB. He will compete with Fulse and Hutcherson to be our next great H back / TE.

Is he opposed to LB, does his skill set not match up well, or is he just a really awesome HB/TE?

Is he opposed to LB, does his skill set not match up well, or is he just a really awesome HB/TE?

Right now Parks is a really good athlete. He played QB of his HS team last year. The same team that Quan Bray played QB for.

Does any one else think Parks may get a look at LB? Seems like I read somewhere that he playing LB in an all-star

game.

Right now Parks is a really good athlete. He played QB of his HS team last year. The same team that Quan Bray played QB for.

Sounds to me like he could be a special LB. The coaches will give him a look at whatever is the best place he can help the team.

It is now late Wednesday, and as far as I know, there have been no new commits to the dark side, after the "game of the century".  You know, they surely took their best shot, and that's not to say they didn't make some inroads.  But, now it's our turn to put on the big show.  The "NCAA announcement" has given our recruiting efforts new energy;  expect to hear positive vibes, if not commits, from now on.  The IB will be huge, recruiting-wise.  Time to buckle up,  tape your ankles, and kick some butts!!

Going into this recruiting season, I was hoping we would shore up our LB, OL, and DL positions. It looks like we're struggling at OL and DL so far. I suppose that I'm not shedding any light on anything with that statement, but as this is a recruiting board and all, I just thought I would mention that I am still a little worried with our OL and DL recruiting, although the possibility to finish strong is still there. Any insights on our plans at OL and DL, other than the excellent information that you have already provided?

We'll be fine on the OL.  There are a lot of good OL prospects this year, and CJG's connections out west are working in our favor.

Going into this recruiting season, I was hoping we would shore up our LB, OL, and DL positions. It looks like we're struggling at OL and DL so far. I suppose that I'm not shedding any light on anything with that statement, but as this is a recruiting board and all, I just thought I would mention that I am still a little worried with our OL and DL recruiting, although the possibility to finish strong is still there. Any insights on our plans at OL and DL, other than the excellent information that you have already provided?

Well I am surprised jtaub has not mentioned Arik Armstead at all since he is looking to visit for the Iron Bowl.

Well I am surprised jtaub has not mentioned Arik Armstead at all since he is looking to visit for the Iron Bowl.

i've read where armstead wants to play defense. he could be a great dt for us.

Archived