Where's Thayer Evans this year???

jason4au

Where's all the negative press for Bama or LSU like it was for us last year??? No investigation into "Rent" Richardson??? or how Jefferson managed to escape charges for his fight, and Mathieu and his fake maryjane??? Come on, is the media really just gonna sit by and not start any smear campaigns like they did against us??? Inquiring minds wanna know....

I hear ya.  After the shots Cam endured, the love fest for Rent is stomach turning.  I'm sure #3 is a good kid, and he's no doubt a great talent, but so was Cam.  I hope the truth will one day come out, but I'm starting to wonder. 

Where's all the negative press for Bama or LSU like it was for us last year??? No investigation into "Rent" Richardson??? or how Jefferson managed to escape charges for his fight, and Mathieu and his fake maryjane??? Come on, is the media really just gonna sit by and not start any smear campaigns like they did against us??? Inquiring minds wanna know....

I've wondered the same thing.  Two SEC teams are headed to the BCSNC and BOTH are on probation, where's the media in all this?  Surely to goodness Thayer Evans/Schad/Travis/Forde, etc. would have a write up about the NC contenders in the Probation Bowl. :dunno:

I hear ya.  After the shots Cam endured, the love fest for Rent is stomach turning.  I'm sure #3 is a good kid, and he's no doubt a great talent, but so was Cam.  I hope the truth will one day come out, but I'm starting to wonder. 

Selective Journalism, I think; but why pick on us?

Dansby, what happened to your red Triangle ?......  were you bad and how have paid your dues to AE?

I say let sleeping dogs lie.  Anything they would have to say about BAMA and LSU would be accompanied by "and remember last year's ...............................".

I would prefer someone with more credibility to finally expose what goes on in Tuscaloser.

I actually think last year was a learning experience for the media, not making excuses.  I think much like what happened in 2004 with BCS snub for Auburn, we had to endure the relentless Cam/media fiasco.  Everyone learned from both situations and is less likely to make either mistake again.  Just one man's opinion.

Come on folks, let's take the orange and blue glasses off. Do you guys really think that free suits and fake mary j doesn't pale in comparison of what we were FALSELY ACCUSED of last year? I hear y'all with the lack of talk about them both being on probation, though.

I say let sleeping dogs lie.  Anything they would have to say about BAMA and LSU would be accompanied by "and remember last year's ...............................".

I would prefer someone with more credibility to finally expose what goes on in Tuscaloser.

I see what you're saying.  But, it's hard as heck to ignore what's been going on the Tusc, and Baton Rouge.  Did everyone just forget about Willie Lyles and his "services" he provided to LSU?  T'town Menswear?  LSU providing housing for players or players girlfriends working in the AthDept and the player living w/her while he gets his housing stipend?  What about turd players and their cars/SUV's/suits????

Both of the teams playing for the NC have dirt on their hands and are currently on NCAA probation.  Yet, not one journalist has written a word about it. :dunno:

I actually think last year was a learning experience for the media, not making excuses.  I think much like what happened in 2004 with BCS snub for Auburn, we had to endure the relentless Cam/media fiasco.  Everyone learned from both situations and is less likely to make either mistake again.  Just one man's opinion.

So AU fell on the f'ing sword TWICE!  :banghead:

I see what you're saying.  But, it's hard as heck to ignore what's been going on the Tusc, and Baton Rouge.  Did everyone just forget about Willie Lyles and his "services" he provided to LSU?  T'town Menswear?  LSU providing housing for players or players girlfriends working in the AthDept and the player living w/her while he gets his housing stipend?  What about turd players and their cars/SUV's/suits????

Both of the teams playing for the NC have dirt on their hands and are currently on NCAA probation.  Yet, not one journalist has written a word about it. :dunno:

Nothing was heard about Miami's issue prior to the story breaking either.  While I don't think anything is going to happen at LSU or Bammer, let the system work.  For all we know, the NCAA already has boots on the ground in BR and Tuscaloosa.

So you are saying it is not just hard work assembling the talent on these two teams?  :rolleyes:

All I'm trying to say is that AU/Cam got drug through the mud by high-profile media outlets and their journalists while we made our run at the NC last season, without any proof of any kind.

In light of the fact that not just one, but BOTH teams playing for the NC this year are on NCAA probation, one would expect an article to surface.

This just further emphasizes how far the REC's reach extends.  Don't think for a second that they are not paying people off, threatening people, and flexing their muscle to keep all of these stories from getting any air time.  The media's love-obsession with bammer is blinding them, as well.  

I'm just curious.  In any previous year, has the head coach of the #3 team in the country been given a "2-hour soap box" on ESPN to state their case why they should be in the NC game????  If my memory serves me right, I don't remember this ever happening.  How is it that every program in the country is not steaming over this???

Selective Journalism, I think; but why pick on us?

Dansby, what happened to your red Triangle ?......  were you bad and how have paid your dues to AE?

The law's on my side.  I play cards with JD Shellnut, chief of PO-LICE.    

This just further emphasizes how far the REC's reach extends.  Don't think for a second that they are not paying people off, threatening people, and flexing their muscle to keep all of these stories from getting any air time.  The media's love-obsession with bammer is blinding them, as well.  

I'm just curious.  In any previous year, has the head coach of the #3 team in the country been given a "2-hour soap box" on ESPN to state their case why they should be in the NC game????  If my memory serves me right, I don't remember this ever happening.  How is it that every program in the country is not steaming over this???

While the REC may have far reaching tenacles in the media with regard to uat, that does not explain LSU and their probation issues being completely missing from the media as well.  So, who is paying off and threatening the media on behalf of LSU?  Do they have their own version of the REC?

I'm betting there will be stories.  It's still early.  Plenty of time for all sorts of dirt to rise to the top.

Thats why i always say when i hear people say who cares about Auburn. Lots of people because they always got something to say about Cam, CGC, GM, Troop, Luper, Roof, Aubie, our offense, defense, special team, the fans, the tree's and the list goes on.

Guys, let's Please stop with the REC conspiracy theories.  I can't tell if you guys actually believe yourselves or not. 

:) :) :) :)

THANK YOU!!!

Finally, someone else is saying what I am thinking.

Archived