Carson Tinker

trout54

Okay guys.  I'm ready to get blasted, but here it goes.  ESPN ought to be ashamed of themselves for the exploitation of Carson Tinker they just displayed on their awards show.  As much as i pull for the orange and blue, i couldn't help but shed a tear for the young man.  I'm not sure if that was because of the heartbreak he has endured, or the fact that ESPN had the gaul to make him relive that horrific moment of his life in front of a live audience on national TV.  I hope they are all able to sleep well at night for going that extra mile to get ratings.  dispicable!  absolutely dispicable!

They don't care what they put people through. Have you not been paying attention to them?

P.S. I agree about Carson. His story will rip your heart out. He is a courageous young man. I wouldn't wish what he went through on anybody.

I see your point, but I'm sure he consented to the interview. I didn't think it was exploitative, I thought it was a pretty good piece.

The kid did look nervous though.

forgive my ignorance on the matter, but who is Carson Tinker? :dunno:

Bird, you ignorant slut!!!!!!! ;D

uat long snapper. He was holding on to her in his home trying to comfort her, only to have the tornado rip her from his arms.

your half right.

hey watch it buddy that's my job to call out the bird. >:( >:( of course if you want to continue no problem. As for Carson horrible story

your half right.

BUT WHICH ONE?

lol-guy.jpg?1294768022

hey watch it buddy that's my job to call out the bird. >:( >:( of course if you want to continue no problem. As for Carson horrible story

Old Dude, I felt you needed a little help with the heavy lifting. The Carson story is just one of many that happened on that day. Prayers are still needed for those families.

your half right.

BUT WHICH ONE?

ask your mom...sister...and girlfriend ;D

Old Dude, I felt you needed a little help with the heavy lifting. The Carson story is just one of many that happened on that day. Prayers are still needed for those families.

You are absolutely correct. 

I know we all poke fun and ridicule their players, that's our job as the hated rival.  But, I was able to meet a couple of those players in the aftermath of the tornado when I drove over to take food/diapers, etc. to my nephew and his family.  They were a nice and helpful bunch of guys during a tough time.  Odd to see 250-300 pound guys with tears in their eyes and getting emotional just looking at the destruction that was in front of them.....  Anyway, the coaches and players from that team helped patch the roof and pick up the pieces to my nephew's home, and I am one AU Alum that was grateful.

I did feel uncomfortable for Carson Tinker.  I also felt unconfortable for the Kicker, whose father had passed away, and Fowler kept asking questions about how it affected him.  I am losing what little respect I had for BSPN and Chris Fowler. 

I did feel uncomfortable for Carson Tinker.  I also felt unconfortable for the Kicker, whose father had passed away, and Fowler kept asking questions about how it affected him.   I am losing what little respect I had for BSPN and Chris Fowler. 

I felt like Fowler/ESPN were getting way too personal with many of the players they interviewed.  Several times during the ceremony I felt uncomfortable for them.  It's like Fowler was trying to be Oprah/Barbara Walters last night. 

Don't feel bad Bird, I had to google the young man and his story.

Now, if I may- I didn't see the story last night, but in a way, I kind of applaud ESPN (and that hurts to type) for continuing to bring up this story. We as a society have became too engrossed on what is happening right this minute and although many were emotional and did great deeds to help out in these tragedies soon after and many for months to follow- but these towns are still re-building. Still need our support. And most definitely if you are the praying kind, our heart-felt prayers.

With that said, I can only HOPE that is what ESPN was trying to convey last night- but you never know with that network.

Don't feel bad Bird, I had to google the young man and his story.

Now, if I may- I didn't see the story last night, but in a way, I kind of applaud ESPN (and that hurts to type) for continuing to bring up this story. We as a society have became too engrossed on what is happening right this minute and although many were emotional and did great deeds to help out in these tragedies soon after and many for months to follow- but these towns are still re-building. Still need our support. And most definitely if you are the praying kind, our heart-felt prayers.

With that said, I can only HOPE that is what ESPN was trying to convey last night- but you never know with that network.

In a way, I think that is what ESPN was trying to convey.  Barrett Jones with uat even brought up the ongoing crisis in Haiti and how bad those folks still need aid and help (I think he's visited a couple of times.)  Keeping these issues in the forefront of our minds is what needs to happen, even if it takes ESPN to do it.

Archived