NBC Sports Network

bootskii

This Jan 2nd Versus becomes the NBC sports network. I know they can't rival ESPN yet but now that NBC has their own sports channel and backing it with their money I wonder if it will give the monopoly of ESPN a run for its money. Also it would be nice if Dan Patrick joined them and set that channel straight. He knows the bs and bias that goes on at ESPN and it would do major credibility to have him on their channel. Just food for thought. I am just sick of the garbage journalism on ESPN. It would be nice for a fresh spin on sports journalism.

I hope it will focus on college sports as much as bspn does, but I'm looking forward to this too. I imagine there will be a few interesting anchors show up, that some people might not expect. They have a built in audience of the many people who do not like bspn's control of sports, ie: the bowl season as an example. I wish them MUCH success.

I can't wait to see it. The more competition ESPN has, the better.

Amen

I think it will be as big as Fox Sports Net or CBS College Sports. If nothing else, it might be the Notre Dame sports network.

This Jan 2nd Versus becomes the NBC sports network. I know they can't rival ESPN yet but now that NBC has their own sports channel and backing it with their money I wonder if it will give the monopoly of ESPN a run for its money. Also it would be nice if Dan Patrick joined them and set that channel straight. He knows the bs and bias that goes on at ESPN and it would do major credibility to have him on their channel. Just food for thought. I am just sick of the garbage journalism on ESPN. It would be nice for a fresh spin on sports journalism.

They have been running shows on it for a month or so. DP is on one of them. I can't remember the name of it but it's about the NFL. The show right after it is about the business aspect of sports. They are on around 5 or 6 CST every evening.

NFL Turning Point is the name of the show DP hosts.

• 2 weeks later...

JMO, but I don't think the network that ruins the Olympics every 2 years is going to put any kind of fear into ESPN.

I'm glad to see they picked up some MLS games, though. :trampoline:

Archived