Nixing The Georgia Game?

thacheetah11

They wont let this happen. Sure its a possibility (just like the possiblity of us playing with 13 teams in the SEC next season,  ;)) but these two programs share WAY too much history for this to be the rivalry the SEC gives up.

Bama isn't a cross divisional though. Granted, it may be if we finally get moved to the east. Tenn Bama wouldn't be a guarantee either

Growing up in Atlanta, the UGA game was always the big one for me as most of my friends were Dawgs. The only time I came in contact with Bama fans was when visiting my family in B'ham where my parents are from. I'd hate to lose this as a yearly contest. It just means more to me than the Bama game.

Bama isn't a cross divisional though. Granted, it may be if we finally get moved to the east. Tenn Bama wouldn't be a guarantee either

Honestly, I dont think they will separate us and Bama. Here are two scenarios I see playing out if we add 2 more teams.

1. They get 2 more big 12 teams. They decide to move Mizzou to the west, and AU and Bama to the East.

2. They get 2 ACC teams, ad them both to the East, and move Mizzou to the west.

They have to figure out a way to always have Georgia-Auburn. I tell ya...I'd have no problems switching the East and letting Missouri move to the West.

They arent gonna switch us just for fun. If there we ever a year for us to move, it was this one.

They have to figure out a way to always have Georgia-Auburn. I tell ya...I'd have no problems switching the East and letting Missouri move to the West.

They arent gonna switch us just for fun. If there we ever a year for us to move, it was this one.

I think they threw the two teams in just for ease....and then wanted to discuss final conference divisional alignment after they found a way to make it work and keep the rivalries for the most part....losing the deep south's oldest rivalry is not a thing the SEC necessarily wants to do.

I think they threw the two teams in just for ease....and then wanted to discuss final conference divisional alignment after they found a way to make it work and keep the rivalries for the most part....losing the deep south's oldest rivalry is not a thing the SEC necessarily wants to do.

Read the two possiblities I posted earlier. I think this is where the SEC is moving.

This is why I never wanted a&m or Mizzou in the first place. College football as we know it is about to be ruined by the almighty dollar. Rivalry games are what makes college football great, now these great games are being dropped all over the country. It's comical with all the gripping and moaning by uat and ut to keep us from the east that now their series may still be discontinued. I'd personally rather move to the east and have more traditional games against UGA, Florida and ut. They peak my interest more than Ole Miss, MSU and Arkansas.

me ... quite frankly stopping after the 6th win would have been a classic way to end it.

You didn't know what the future held. After the 6th game, surely you weren't think "Well let's just end this now because Bama will win next year."

I find it funny that some fans are calling for the Bama game to stop being played today.. but if you would've asked them during our 6-game win streak over Bama, how many would've said stop playing it?

I don’t care if it were after the 9th loss; I would never want to stop playing them. You think their smack talk is bad now, let this happen.

me ... quite frankly stopping after the 6th win would have been a classic way to end it.

You didn't know what the future held. After the 6th game, surely you weren't think "Well let's just end this now because Bama will win next year."

To be honest I wouldn't have called it to end then. Not in the 90's either. Things where a little healthier then. I'm only 25 so I've never seen how bad they really are until they started winning in 08. Now I fully understand what some of the old timers are talking about having to endure in the 70's and before. It's crazy. It's unhealthy. The way their fan base derives their self worth from a football team scares me. And I hate to place most of the blame on them but it's their fault. You don't see Auburn Men and Women poisoning trees, grinding their genitals in others faces, spitting on strangers or screaming "rawl tahd rawl" in a child's face at super market for wearing an opposing team t shirt.  

I think a clean break would allow Auburn to recruit Georgia and Florida like it use to do, and would elevate the program even further.

....were you watching in 2008?  :dunno:

I find it funny that some fans are calling for the Bama game to stop being played today.. but if you would've asked them during our 6-game win streak over Bama, how many would've said stop playing it?

What you are missing is that in 2010 when Auburn was making a run for the BCS championship, the bammers evolved into a full blown hate-based terrorists group.  In my lifetime, and I am retired, I have never seen such low life, unethical, immoral, lying scum... and over Auburn winning the BCSC in football?  Those people are ABSOLUTELY crazy and capable of unimaginable evil.

....were you watching in 2008?  :dunno:

I said after the 6th game.. not during the 2008 season.

What you are missing is that in 2010 when Auburn was making a run for the BCS championship, the bammers evolved into a full blown hate-based terrorists group.  In my lifetime, and I am retired, I have never seen such low life, unethical, immoral, lying scum... and over Auburn winning the BCSC in football?  Those people are ABSOLUTELY crazy and capable of unimaginable evil.

The only thing that can be considered going over the top was Updyke poisoning our trees. If Bama had a Cam Newton situation like we did, then I would suspect that our fanbase would've exploded just like theirs did. Our fanbase has already exploded with the REC conspiracy stuff.

Archived